• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Luckiest Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
Luckiest day... I have tons of unlucky moments. o.<

Luckiest would be either the day I randomly found my shiny Oddish or Vulpix. They were both found when I was just grinding. Vulpix at Mt. Pyre and Oddish at the route before Lilycove, so not far from eachother.

I also found a shiny Graveler in Crystal, but didn't bother with a masterball and just chucked a heavy ball at it. It wiggled three times then cracked and selfdestructed, but I laughed it off, since I couldn't really use it anyway. I SR'd my lucky egg for a shiny and I got a shiny Igglybuff.

The most recent luck I've had was that I caught all (except Munchlax) the Honey Tree pokemon in two days, but that was a month ago. Heracross was my last one and I had saved not long before, so I SR'd when I didn't catch him.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
It was the day I caught my shiny Goldeen by fishing with Good Rod next to the Hallowed Tower.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
When I hatched 2 shinies, within the same week. Pity I sold that copy of Diamond.
Also, when I first succeeded at pulling of the E4 glitch in my JPN Pearl.

Miniman237

Fished up shiny Lumineon then flew to another place and fished up a shiny Seaking right afterwards.

Profesco

gone gently
Hmm. I'll go with the flow, I guess.

A few weeks ago I hatched a perfect-natured, great-IV'd, shiny Zubat. While I was effort training it in front of the Valley Windworks, I ran into a shiny Shellos. Yeah, that was a nice sequence of events. ^_^

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
I was in the Great Marsh doing my own buisness looking for a Carnivine and then suddenly, SHINY QUAGSIRE! Now, before I encountered a shiny Kangaskhan in the Safari Zone and it ran away, however, this quagsire WOULDN'T RUN AWAY!! I'm serious, so I finally caught it and all this time it felt like I was going to pass out I was soooooooo nervous, but it didn't run away and took me like ten turns to catch it!

Thus, now I have a little shiny quagsire I named purpley, yes, I'm that creative...

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Hmm...

When I got Torchic and Treecko from my friends. Can't name the Torchic cuz she got it from another friend >_> but named the Treecko Liam XD

Oh, and I caught a Skorpi after about 6 pathetic attempts at it.

pokemaster001

ooh! ooh!
here's what happenned, I was battling wake in platinum and my team there wasn't equipped for it and I use as few Items as possible so my strategies kept failing
then, I used my low-leveled bronzor to put to sleep and confuse wake's pokemon and it killed bronzor and starly but killed itself on bidoof, my last pokemon
THEN, I was failing a contest so I was like "man, this sucks, I don't care how long ago I saved, it's not worth it" but I saved BEFORE WAKE!!! I was like DAMN IT! because I did quite a lot afterwards
luckily, I won by a smaller fluke this time and got to around where I would be anyway, it think it was just a critical hit this time but still
pretty lucky huh?

V4LOVER

chirp
I was fighting Cyrus in the Distortion World. I lost 1 time before, but I had saved. On Crobat, it was 1-on-1 against my Porygon. The Crobat's attack had missed. Byte (Porygon) used Psybeam, did about 1/6 or 1/7 of the Crobat's HP, and confused it. It hit itself every time, and I kept using Psybeam. I went on, and caught Giratina.

Vinyacoire

Rare Hunter
And The Time When I caught palkia with 1 quick ball and no damage

Yeah, my luckiest moment was actually when my friend Ben caught a Mewtwo on my game with no damage, no status, with a single pokeball.

My other friends still think I'm lying because of the odds...

Illusione-Tempus

Got a few:

1. I found the Feebas tile when I was fishing in a random tile. I mean I closed my eyes, randomly pressed the arrow buttons, and voila! A Feebas tile!
2. I actually was going to soft reset for a Shiny Piplup when I got Platinum. But when it turns out to be female I was even excited.
3. First time I check the binoculars, I found Tropius' location within one go!
4. Went into the Safari Zone, I was looking for the Tropius. But boy, it was a male lv 30 and I caught it within 2 goes! Happy? You bet I am!
5. I hatched a Pichu, Charm/Swagger/Charge/Volt Tackle. Weird, cause I'm expecting the Charge and Volt Tackle not the Swagger! :)

i have a new lucky day 2 days ago i was breeding my pikachu for a modest volt tacle pichu and i got 4 shiny pichu's from it i got the modest one on the 18 egg and that was shiny

Oh dear, you are lucky ;_; I always wanted to hatch one Shiny Pichu with Volt Tackle

Alloute

Not Banned
I was caught Dialga with a Ultra Ball on the first try, but yeah lol it's catch rate is mediocre.

I beat the Elite Four back in the summer of 03 with only Blaziken LV 72, best summer ever....

Henshin Haku

..Shinra Tensei.
Ended up catching Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Cresselia, and Mesprit all through one day with Quick Balls excluding Cresselia.

1 Adam 1

Nature Breeder
I finally caught my first shiny pokemon, without trying, after playing all 4 generations without ever getting a shiny besides the one in gold the red gyrados but that doesn't count. Funny thing is I caught a shiny magikarp haha =\

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
I've been pretty lucky my whole pokemon career.

On my Crystal, I got my first shiny pokemon, a Shiny Magby, but then I found out it knew Dizzy Punch, wich has a 50% of being shiny from the day care man ;_;

Also, on my Crystal, I caught Lugia at level 70 with a normal pokeball without doing anything to it!

On my Emerald, I found some kid at a clinic, and we both had Emerald version, though he had a Japanese version O_O (He was Japanese). We were playing, battling eachother and stuff, when he offered to trade 6 random eggs. So, I go get 6 random eggs, and so does he. Later on, about a week later after meeting him, I decided to hatch the eggs.

One of them was a Female Ralts that new Wish!!! I thought it was impossible, so I just turned it off without saving (It had a Calm nature, and I didn't like anything but sweepers back then). After a few months, I found out it was an event pokemon, I was blown away. I still have that egg in one of my Boxes on my Emerald. I might hatch it one of these days and import it into my Platinum =p

In FireRed, I found a shiny Cubone, one of my favorite pokemon.

In Diamond, I found a shiny Gastrodon (The blue one, I was chaining for Gastrodons for HP Ev training). I know some people think the blue one is shiny because they've seen the pink one before, but I actually got a shiny East Coast Gastrodon =]. Also found a Shiny Machop (Adamant Nature). Traded it for something I don't quite remember... ;_;

I think the most luckiest thing was the Ralts with Wish, that kid must have attended the event, came to the US and forgot about it completely XD

pikoria

my luckiest day was the first day i started playing pokemon my first pokemon ever was a shiny treeco on my ruby version

Metamence

My luckiest was when I found my first shiny.. A Machoke, and I believe it was on my birthday..

christiandeath77

You gotta crush em'.
I've been fortunate enough to find more then at least two shinies everytime I've played a new pokemon game.Still awaiting my Platinum ones.....

I found a shiny Hitmotop in Colloseum.Has anybody else ever found a shiny pokemon in the GCN games?

Status
Not open for further replies.