• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Luckiest Things That've Happened in ORAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I found a Ralts right before entering Petalburg City right before you meet Wally. I also found a Beat Up Seedot without searching very early on and even before I entered the Woods. I also found a Poison Fang and an Ice Fang Poochyena very early and a Spinda that knew Smelling Salts without trying.

Atome

Snowy Poochyena
Getting a shiny skiddo in wonder trading haha that was a surprise I was just trying to fill out my dex

Firelucario

Aura Guardian
I caught a shiny Shuppet on Mt. Pyre from a random encounter last sunday.
I haven't gotten a shiny Pokémon from a random encounter since Pokémon Firered.
I know the chances of encountering shiny Pokémon have increased over the past generations but still, that was a lucky break!

Izanagi777

Well, for me it was when i faced Groudon and i ran out of Ultra Ball and Great Ball, when i want to restart the game i thought why don't i try with the rest of pokeball that i still have as a leftover (only 5 of them), then in the first try, i actually caught Groudon with said pokeball (which is pretty ridiculous given that i have use 30 ultra ball and 20 Great Ball and all of them failed)

Jan

... then in the first try, i actually caught Groudon with said pokeball (which is pretty ridiculous given that i have use 30 ultra ball and 20 Great Ball and all of them failed)

That is some luck, but I know that feeling. Bought 40 Ultra balls for Regice once and caught it with a Pokeball (WTF?) why even spend money in quality things in PKMN, it's all just pure luck lol..... luck I've had when I was hatching a starly for a GTS trade (I needed just an turtwig for gods sake) and it was shiny. The first shiny I've ever hatched on a Pokémon I never liked. I was trying to breed shiny Seviper or Beldum for months, but now this little brown **** represents my luck. :D

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
A week after start my Omega Ruby, I got a drought vulpix from wonder trade. Started to breed to give it some eggmoves and a shiny vulpix (flash fire though) came in the fifth egg.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
It's not ORAS, but on X I entirely randomly encounter a shiny Trapinch. Surprise! 1/8192 chance. It's now resting in my AS Box though as a Flygon. :)

It's actually 1/4096 from Gen V onwards. Though it's still pretty lucky. :)

I got pretty lucky with chain fishing, other than that, ORAS hasn't been very lucky for me.

I mentioned this in recent happenings but then I noticed this thread which seemed better.

I Wonder Traded and got a level 1 Shiny Sneazel with Pokerus in a Moon Ball.

Maserati777

I guess the luckiest was when I found shiny Heracross in Safari Zone. I went to the back corner and as I was hopping down the ledge a shaking grass popped up. It was a shiny Heracross, the search level was 7 as I had previously dexnaved in this location for a Rhyhorn and anytime a random pops up it's a Heracross.

This was the first time I had gone to this area since I turned the game off and on previously.

Devlin2004

giratina guy
i got a shiny cyndaquil without sr! so much luck here. It was amazing! LOL i remember when i was trading. showed my cyndaquil and i looked at it. I ended the trade because i only just realised it was shiny.

I managed to capture Legendaries such as Dialga, Uxie, Mesprit, Heatran and Cresselia in AS in one try, which was awesome. My luck in OR wasn't as good though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I only had good luck at fishing for Shiny Pokemon in Alpha Sapphire. I would fish randomly looking for nothing in particular, then suddenly I'd hook something Shiny. I have about three Shiny Koiking that I encountered this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.