• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lucky Eggs; Too rare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Head Honchkrow

After realising how tedious it is to train up for the eighth Gym in HeartGold, I decided to look for a Lucky Egg in preparation for SoulSilver, so I won't have to go through the same process.
I didn't know much about the item so I looked it up...and I was lost for words at the sheer rarity of this one item:

In D/P/Pt Routes 209/210/Trophy Garden, you have a 5% chance of finding a Chansey. Now, as if that weren't bad enough, of that 5%, 50% have Oval Stones and 5% have Lucky Eggs. That's only a 0.05% chance of finding a Lucky Egg!

That...is insane.

Does anyone else agree with me?
Also, am I missing something here? Is there a way to make it easier to find one?

~The Head Honchkrow~

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
After realising how tedious it is to train up for the eighth Gym in HeartGold, I decided to look for some Lucky Eggs in preparation for SoulSilver, so I won't have to go through the same process.
I didn't know much about the item so I looked it up...and I was lost for words at the sheer rarity of this one item:

In D/P/Pt Routes 209/210/Trophy Garden, you have a 5% chance of finding a Chansey. Now, as if that weren't bad enough, of that 5%, 50% have Oval Stones and 5% have Lucky Eggs. That's only a 0.05% chance of finding a Lucky Egg!

That...is insane.

Does anyone else agree with me?
Also, am I missing something here? Is there a way to make it easier to find one?

~The Head Honchkrow~

Its actually too easy to find a Lucky Egg in DPPt compared to GSC or RSE.

I have gotten 12 lucky eggs already.

My strategy is this;

Start a chain of Chansey, with a fainted pokemon with Compoundeyes in the first slot.
Have a live Pokemon with Frisk and Thief in the second slot.
Check the item the Chansey has through Frisk, and if its a Lucky Egg, use Thief. Make sure the Thief pokemon has strong moves, or is at a high enough level to continue the chain.

Lather, rinse, and repeat.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
True, but I wouldn't mind them making it easier to obtain. Like some small side quest and somebody gives it to you or something. It only raises experience 1.5x anyway... traded pokemon get more than that.

Profesco

gone gently
Plenty of items are rare. Usually the better the item, the rarer it is. No reason to be surprised or indignant. And on the topic of Chansey-catching, just be glad with how far we've come since the Safari Zone-only days.

Anyway, someone's provided a reasonable method of finding them, see? And if that's not good enough, there's a woman in Kanto in HGSS who'll simply give you a Lucky Egg if you show her a Chansey (I think this is the case, I don't have the means to factcheck at the moment).

Status
Not open for further replies.