• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Luigi's Mansion 2 Thread

Phoopes

There it is.
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/2/28/LuigiMansion2.png

A sequel to the Gamecube game is coming to 3DS. Personally, I'm excited for the game, as Luigi's Mansion was one of my favorite games as a little kid. The game introduces the Poltergeist 5000, the Poltergeist 3000's upgrade. Shining light via flashlight is no longer sufficient to stun all ghosts in the game. Players need to activate a strobe function to stun the ghosts. The game is said to be a lot more puzzle oriented.

Trailers:
http://www.mariowiki.com/File:LM2_Trailer.ogg
http://www.mariowiki.com/File:LM2_Trailer2.ogg
http://www.mariowiki.com/File:LM2_Trailer3.ogg

Sorry for the Japanese on the 3rd trailer, I couldn't find it in English.

Confirmed Characters:
Luigi
Professor E. Gadd
Toad
King Boo

Note: Mario is a character assumed to be in the game, but it is not confirmed yet.

Confirmed Mansions:
A regular Mansion with a front yard. Explorable in the E3 Demo.
A similar Mansion with a somewhat different layout. It rains outside.
A Mansion covered in snow.

Confirmed Items and Treasures:
Coins
Bills
Treasure Chests
Keys
Gold Bars

Confirmed Enemies:
Green ghosts with 10 HP. (May appear with sunglasses)
Black ghosts with 4(?) HP.
Red ghosts with 30 HP. (May appear with sunglasses)
Mummy-like ghosts that rise from the ground.
Suits of armor which attack with a sword if Luigi goes near them.
Spiders (Purple when they crawl down a wall, brown when they touch the floor.)
Golden Spiders
Gates that are similar to the vines that block doors from the original Luigi's Mansion. Unlike the vines, though, the gates don't just block doors but also paths like the middle of a stairway.

Confirmed Bosses:
Telekinetic ghost with 75 HP.

Confirmed Rooms:
Guard Hall
Front Yard
Study
Lab
Library
Dining Room
Foyer
Common Hall
Entrance
Garage
Secret Pocket
A pyramid themed room.
A Courtyard of some sort. It features Plants which give a key if they are flashed on with the strobe light.
A Greenhouse
A Bathroom
A Lab like room
A Room with blue floating orbs with the door blocked by glass
A snow filled room similar to the Cold storage Room in the First game
Another bathroom where Luigi can sit on the toilet and the wall turns backward into another Room
A living room where Luigi gets sucked into the chimney
A bedroom with giant spider-webs Luigi can sit on the bed and it mysteriously flips over
A cellar type area with sand piles that slow Luigi down similar to the cellar in the first game

Nintendo eShop Description:
Nintendo eShop said:
Luigi™ is back and on a mission to remove a bunch of stubborn ghosts from some spooky mansions. Armed with his trusty Poltergust ghost-sucking vacuum cleaner, he will try to act brave as he bumbles his way through the darkness while trying to capture these pesky phantoms.

Gallery:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Gallery:Luigi's_Mansion_2

Hope you all are just as excited by this game as I am. Happy discussing!

Source: http://www.mariowiki.com/Luigi's_Mansion_2

Nice, iirc in the first one you only had to explore one mansion. In this game, you have a variety of them and each has its own special quality, like one mansion having rain outside and the other covered in snow.

Phoopes

There it is.
Nice, iirc in the first one you only had to explore one mansion.

Yes, the first game was only one mansion. There isn't enough info yet to determine how you will move about the three (or more) mansions yet. It could be that you have to clear each one at a time, or you can freely move between the three mansions completing tasks. Those are my best guesses.

Ruby Blue

Yay for multiple mansions~

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Didn't get too far in the first one but it was still an enjoyable experience. Wonder how this is going to turn out.

Also, hooray, it's being developed by Canucks!

MonkeyX

Luigi's Mansion 2 looks awesome, when me and my friends saw it on the e3 page we went nuts. My only issue is that the ghosts in this game look terrible, they completely changed the designs and now the ghosts look like crap. The telekinetic ghost is a boss? It looks just like the other crappy ghosts but just with a big head.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Luigi's Mansion 2 looks awesome, when me and my friends saw it on the e3 page we went nuts. My only issue is that the ghosts in this game look terrible, they completely changed the designs and now the ghosts look like crap. The telekinetic ghost is a boss? It looks just like the other crappy ghosts but just with a big head.

It could also mean it's in beta stages. The final product isn't probably going to be the same.

R_N

I really can't bring myself to care about this series. I want to, but I can't.

Any reason why?

I never played LM1, but it seemed interesting enough. Just...never happened for me, though! So I'm looking forward to this a lot; it'd be neat if they eventually remade LM1, too

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Any reason why?

I never played LM1, but it seemed interesting enough. Just...never happened for me, though! So I'm looking forward to this a lot; it'd be neat if they eventually remade LM1, too

Mostly because of your reason. It seemed interesting, but just never could get around to it. The Gamecube had so many great title releasing then, LM1 didn't seem like it was worth the time then so I kinda pushed it aside. I still wanna play it still, and the new one, but with so many other good titles out, I haven't got to it yet.

TicoPokemonMaster

I loved Luigi's Mansion and altough there is alot of info out on it I can't really talk about anything for it since not to much gameplay has been shown for luigi's Mansion 2. All I can add it that I was on the edge of my bed and when I saw luigi enter a haunted room at nintendo's e3 show I fell off my bed cuz of the excitement. i really can't wait for this game

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
huh, didnt know luigi was a ghostbuster. never played Luigis mansion,but i will definitley give this a try.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP

I've never played Luigi's Mansion before so I might give this game a try.

huh, didnt know luigi was a ghostbuster. never played Luigis mansion,but i will definitley give this a try.

Go play it. I'm sure you can find it used somewhere.

This game looks really good. Its a shame that i only played a portion of the 1st one but it was good and now that it will be portable, longer and have loads more features i think i dont have an excuse not to play it. What i love so far about this game is all the detail in every room, and you can interact with almost everything plus the graphics look very good.