• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Luigi's Mansion Series

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
http://www.gamexplain.com/article-9...-moon----the-first-2-hours-video-preview.html
First two hours of the game covered. Sounds like there's a huge amount of stuff being offered.
lol, I got on GameXplain's channel earlier just curious to see if there was any new videos for the game up an saw this. To bad though that he couldn't reveal a whole lot of the game because of Nintendo's rules.
In a way though I'm glad cause I really don't want to have most of the game spoiled for me before I even get a chance to play it myself.
I'd like go into the game blind and learn most of it on my own. There's going to be the review for the game on it's release day.

Torpoleon

KillerDraco

Well, got Dark Moon today, and played up through the first boss. So far I have mixed feelings about it. I'm not a huge fan of the "mission" style gameplay, since in general I've always found it to sort of muddle the pace with the stop-and-go style... Although it does add replay value, since you can replay missions at any time rather than being left with a big empty mansion until you beat the game in the original. It also seems like the aiming is a bit worse than the Gamecube version, since you can't really pivot side-to-side while sucking the way you could before.

That said, it's still fun, and they definitely made it a bit more creative with the regular enemies patterns.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I got Dark Moon today and only gotten passed the first boss as well. I've mainly been playing online now on ScareScraper, boy I've lost track of time. It's defiantly a great way to pass the time from playing single-player. I'll admit the aiming is a little bit frustrating having to stop and turn then try again. You get use to it and eventually it doesn't show as a bother really, although I feel they could have possibly made the CPP compatiable to allow for either the original pivot in LM or turn around 360 while sucking. I felt it was easy to get use aiming after playing a few rounds in ScareScraper. I really like the ScareScraper, fast paced mini games, I didn't like the find the polterpups one on account of the people I was paired with they had no idea what to do so we didn't get pass F1.

Shadow XD001

I've never played the original, but I can't wait to get Dark Moon soon. I've heard good things about it, so I hope I'll enjoy the game.

ManhattanTheStarr

I've never played the original either. But after watching a friend stream it, I decided to go and get Dark Moon when it released, and I am enjoying it far more than I initially thought. It's a great game, and I highly advise that those both familiar and unfamiliar with the series should at least try it out.

For those who have the game, I am planning on purchasing it on the 28th when it comes out in the UK, I have heard mostly good things bu my only worry is about the controls. So my question is; how comfortable/easy/understanding are the controls for gameplay regarding the poltergust and strobe light?

I Already Pre-Ordered the Game Last Year.
I Loved The First Luigi's Mansion That Was Made Back In 2001. It Was A Great Game That Had A Great Story Mode And A Cool Concept Of Catching Ghost Turning Them Back Into Paintings and Rescuing Your Brother. I Also Loved How They Give You A Rank At The End Of The Game Depending On How Much Money You Get. The Special Ghost Are Real Helpful When It Comes To The Money. I Finished The Game With an A Rank and All 50 Boo's. The Only Thing I Need Is The Gold Frame for the Boolossus Portrait. The Only Negative That I Have To Say Is That The Game Was To Short and I Wasn't To Happy With The Glitch that Caused alot of Controversy. The Luigi's Mansion 2 : Dark Moon Im Really Looking Forwards Too. Im Wondering Why It Took Them Over Ten Years Too Make The Second One. Im Looking Forward for the Story and also Checking out the Different Mansions. Also I want to Check out How The New System Works and What Kind of New Ghosts They Have. I Think It Is Safe To Say That This Game Will Definitely be Longer Than The First One. I Can't wait to play It. :D

ManhattanTheStarr

For those who have the game, I am planning on purchasing it on the 28th when it comes out in the UK, I have heard mostly good things bu my only worry is about the controls. So my question is; how comfortable/easy/understanding are the controls for gameplay regarding the poltergust and strobe light?

Well, all I really have to say to this, is that you'll have to recognize the gyroscope feature as part of the controls, as it makes using the strobe/dark light and poltergust much easier, as it allows you to aim up and down with ease, as opposed to trying to operate the aforementioned tools by simultaneously pressing the Y and R buttons with X (to look up) and B (to look down). Once you get the hang of that, the controls are pretty smooth. :)

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
At first it could be a little frustrating with the controls, you turn slightly left to right but your not able to turn completely around while using the poltergust or even being able to pivot like in the first LM. However after a short while of playing you get use to it and it doesn't become such a bother. In fact I like it cause it makes the game more challenging.
I really like how they set up the controls for using the strobe, and dark light using the Y and A buttons. As well using the poltergust by using L and R to blow and suck making it easy to charge up the strobe light to quickly start sucking up the ghosts. It's even easy to aim up and down with the X and B buttons, the controls are easy to use and understand.

Thank you for your information and views, they've put my mind at rest, and I'm still looking forward to playing this hopefully superb game tomorrow.

XD Mewtwo

Void#ZX0
Just got done with a proper online experience, and it was fun. Though it seems that some people hosting rooms walking off or something, found a few rooms that people leave due to lack of response from the maker to start the game. I'm a bit sad that all the furniture in the random generated in game rooms do nothing, but there's a little title from searching the most things. The first room I played in, after 2 floors, the online glitched and I was the only person left in the room and got to play a floor all by myself, though keys online seem to glitch sometimes, and they never appear when you searched everything over and over again.

The 25 floor, Hunter Mode normal I played was fun, I learned the giant fat yellow ghosts are very likely to kill anyone that tries to suck them up, I was in a 3 person room, I went to see what the problem was for one player that died, I walk in, see a huge fat ghost, and bunch of other small ghosts throwing a ton of stuff at the died player laying on the floor, tried to take in on and died. A player dieing is no loss the team, they just lay there til someone revives them with the X button, its just less help for clearing rooms if its needed. The host left me and the other guy laying there while he cleared the room and got all the money, then he revived us. I can say this game is hard on my slider pad, the rubber top came off twice while I has vacuuming ghosts, I don't give them an inch for slider me around the room.

landshaymin

Follow my lead.
I could try the game in a shop. I don't remember very much but I was quite good.
But I wasn't very good an got a Game Over. :)

Escheria

Ray Tracer
So, got the game on the release date and to me it seemed that here it isn't really popular.. no long line for the game unlike KI:U.

I played only three quests so far but they were pretty nice. I just love how the game is trying to be scary but ends up just being cute xD. Also all those small things like the D-Pad actions (try it out yourself!), Luigi humming the music and that cutey ringtone make me chuckle every time I hear/see it. But prof E. Gadd is a litte annoying imho, make me go 'Egads! E Gadd is calling again >_<'

So far I love the game ^^

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
I'm having a ton of fun with the online games. So far, my favorite is rush mode. It's difficult to find a good group, but it's a much better experience when you get a big group working together.
Does anyone know if there a way to unlock Surprise Mode and Endless Floors options? I've seen them in other rooms, but it's not available when I create rooms.

KillerDraco

does anyone know where to get a copy of luigi's mansion dark moon for cheap, like around $20 or so? or have one they want to give me? If you do, pm me.

It literally just came out less than two weeks ago. You will NOT find one that low in stores. Your odds of finding a used copy are equally low considering how new it is.

You might want to rethink your approach, because you're probably not going to find one that low any time soon.

Got it, as planned, on the 28th and have loved it, my concerns about the controls were relatively unfounded, I did find myself having to waste a strobe or 2 because the ghosts moved out of the path of effect but no biggie. All the little details in the game is what makes it so loveable with most points being listed by other posters.

Some of this won't be very spoilerific but I'd rather not divulge to others who haven't played the game yet. I did find the difficulty was a little easier than I expected but in my opinion it spiked towards the end of the game, with my favourite mission being paranormal chaos, while it wasn't intensely challenging, it was very exciting. The most annoying mission(s) I found to be were escape the knightmare, the last 2 chase the polterpup missions and the very tall staircase from the 2nd mansion, but apart from that it was a delight. The final boss, king boo, was just a little bit of a disappointment as the difficulty was not 'boss level' standard (to me that is) though the tilting stage with the spiked balls made it difficult to reel him in while remaining still, but a very good battle. The ending I thought was great with Luigi adopting the polterpup and all the little scenarios of friendly ghosts in the credits.

Anyway a great game, a 3DS classic and necessity in my opinion.