• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Luigi's Mansion Series

Torpoleon

Talk about both Luigi's Mansion games in this thread! There is Luigi's Mansion released for the GameCube in 2001 and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (known as Luigi's Mansion 2 in Europe and Luigi Mansion 2 in Japan) coming out for the 3DS in March!

Who's excited for Dark Moon? I'm very excited and hopefully we can all play Scarescraper (Trill Tower in the PAL Versions)!

Has anyone actually played the first game? I never have. It looks fun though.

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
I thought the first game was fantastic, definitely one of the better games for the GameCube. I particularly liked the animation and sound work. Hopefully the new game will be able to hold up to the original.

725roy

ambivolent
I'm really curious to see what they'll replace portrait ghosts with.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I've never played the first Luigi's Mansion due to the fact of not having a GameCube, but I've watched videos of the game and it looks great. Now after about 12 years Nintendo's finally making another one, best thing IMO that it's coming to the 3DS because of them originally wanting it to be in 3D.
I'm definitely excited for it to be released next month now that they actually have a release date for it(....finally, been waiting since E3 2011). Even though it's not as dark like the original was it's because Dark Moon is more light hearted with funny interactions, regardless it still looks like an awesome game.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I thought that was a Boo night light at first.

Now I'm disappointed that such a thing does not exist.

Vipsoccermaster

I played and beaten the first Luigi's Mansion numerous times. Great game, even though it's short. I'm really looking forward to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. I have the game pre-ordered, too.

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
I played through Luigi's Mansion two times, and this time i'm trying to get a gold frame on all of the portrait ghosts. it's pretty challenging. I wonder what the storyline will be like in Dark Moon...?

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
If I remember correctly, the story we've been given so far is that the Dark Moon has been broken into pieces and that Luigi has to find them and reassemble them. How and why it was done is unknown, as is the consequences of the breaking and what will happen when the Dark Moon is reassembled. It is also unknown what, if any, role Mario will play in this game.

ShoesThief

Thief of Shoes
Luigi's Mansion was by far one of my favorite Gamecube games followed with Animal Crossing and Smash. But this game is also my favorite game with our green plumber! I played the first one and loved it so i'm really glad that they made a sequel. Hopefully a new ghost is the main protagonist otherwise King Boo must be up to something eviler then kidnapping Mario.
Also if you haven't played the original I highly suggest it. Not to play before Dark Moon comes out. But in your life time play it, it's a really great game!

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I wonder what the storyline will be like in Dark Moon...?
On it's wiki page Professor E. Gadd is doing research on the now friendly ghost's when suddenly the Dark Moon shatters. After this happens the once friendly ghost's turn evil, E. Gadd then calls upon Luigi once more to use the new poltergust 5000 to capture the ghost's, and find the shattered pieces of the Dark Moon.
As of right now there will be five different Mansions making five pieces of the Dark Moon that Luigi will have to get.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Heck yeah I'm excited for Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon! Luigi's Mansion is a great and fun game, and this one looks to be just that. The recent Nintendo Direct got me a lot more excited about this game in the Year of Luigi.

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
On it's wiki page Professor E. Gadd is doing research on the now friendly ghost's when suddenly the Dark Moon shatters. After this happens the once friendly ghost's turn evil, E. Gadd then calls upon Luigi once more to use the new poltergust 5000 to capture the ghost's, and find the shattered pieces of the Dark Moon.As of right now there will be five different Mansions making five pieces of the Dark Moon that Luigi will have to get.
oh thank you. Dark Moon sounds really epic so far, i'm glad they kept the same old characters. I really can't wait for this game, when i read that there were going to be "five different mansions," i felt a little apprehensive.. i guess change is good though. hopefully those 5 mansions will be at least different design styles.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
oh thank you. Dark Moon sounds really epic so far, i'm glad they kept the same old characters. I really can't wait for this game, when i read that there were going to be "five different mansions," i felt a little apprehensive.. i guess change is good though. hopefully those 5 mansions will be at least different design styles.
Each Mansion will have a different style, if you don't care for spoilers

-Gloomy Mansion a very standard mansion they say it's similar the first game.
-Old Clockworks in a desert environment, tons of gears and sand I guess.
-Secret Lab, lot's of snow and Ice.
-Mansion built around a giant tree, so it's sort of a forest I think.
-Final Mansion which is King boo's main hideout, there's no info about what it is yet.

-There's also a sixth mansion in the game, but this is the multi-player exclusive called ScareScraper. I believe you can also play this on single-player but this is just a mini game.

The wiki says there will be various number of missions for each mansion. Possibly we'll have to revisit a previous mansion after receiving a Dark Moon piece or get further into the mansion to get it. I'm not sure if all the rooms are listed on the wiki but so far there's 51 room/areas, but I have no idea how many rooms are in the original LM to compare them both.
I for one can't wait to explore all the mansions, I just hope their not short they are mansions after all.

Last edited:

StarSurgeX

☆ I'm The Captain
I'm really looking forward to the new dark moon game. I pre order the game last year when it was suppost to come out, later to find out that the date was push back a few months, a few months? It was push back like 4 months anyway it comes out next month (march) yay ^^

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm looking forward to it. I have to borrow it from a friend though after he wins it since i'm buying a different game

Torpoleon

I'm really looking forward to the new dark moon game. I pre order the game last year when it was suppost to come out, later to find out that the date was push back a few months, a few months? It was push back like 4 months anyway it comes out next month (march) yay ^^
Though now it makes sense that the game gets pushed back because it starts off the Year of Luigi and it is a great way to start it.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Am I the only one who prefers the new standard ghost designs as opposed to the ones from the first game?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I never played the original, so I want to play a demo of this before deciding whether or not to get it. It's odd that they don't have one for this game up given all of the hype it's gotten (I mean seriously, Gates to Infinity got one and not only is it out 3 days after this, but it's way less hyped).