• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Luigi's Mansion Series

Torpoleon

Has anyone been playing online with Dark Moon here? I'll probably be getting it in May and would love to play online with you guys once I get it and make some progress in the story.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I borrowed this from my friend.

I have to say, fantastic game.

Fantastic, yet frustrating. I hate the fourth boss so much.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Finally put down Fire Emblem to play Dark Moon. Sadly, I'm going to have to pick both it and Pokémon up for the upcoming comic convention (hooray for tournaments and nasty StreetPasses). Lucily, the Boos in the first mansion requiring the Dark Light helped. Found a glitch with the sheet over the canvas in the Studio. I vacuumed in the sheet while walking towards the window, once Luigi made contact with it, he went to a 3D model stance and froze. The actions using the D-pad still worked oddly enough. The first boss was so hard to figure out, I died so many times before I figured it out.

Also tried lut the Screamscraper, really hard unless you're fast. I wasn't and was a hinder to my team. We made it up 8 stories in Hunter mode. It's different and separates itself a lot from the main game but there are so many exclusive ghosts in there.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Not that I've seen, I haven't found them to be hindering even though I don't use them.
Same here unless you're in a moving vehicle. Finally got the first Dark Moon piece but the boss was so hard on trying to harm but it was fun. The next mansion looks really interesting, can't wait to tackle it!

KillerDraco

Same here unless you're in a moving vehicle. Finally got the first Dark Moon piece but the boss was so hard on trying to harm but it was fun. The next mansion looks really interesting, can't wait to tackle it!

Honestly? I thought the first boss was the hardest. Most of the bosses thereafter were pretty simple although the fourth can be annoying.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Honestly? I thought the first boss was the hardest. Most of the bosses thereafter were pretty simple although the fourth can be annoying.
Was my grammar that bad? I had to use a guide to defeat her. Anyways, glad to hear that what's to come isn't as complex (still hope it provides a challenge though).

KillerDraco

Was my grammar that bad? I had to use a guide to defeat her. Anyways, glad to hear that what's to come isn't as complex (still hope it provides a challenge though).

Oh, no. Your grammar was fine. I was more building off what you said. It's probably my biggest disappointment about the game... most of the bosses barring the first and fourth are pretty simple. *Shrugs*

XD Mewtwo

Void#ZX0
Has anyone else had the game crash on them in the Scarescaper online? It happened twice now in the last 2 hours, and the last two ghosts I need aren't getting saved when the crash happens, I got lucky and got one of them in another room, but the second crash took the last ghost I needed for Scarescaper ghosts.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I've been trying to do the Scarescraper for the past couple of hours, but finding a room that

a) Doesn't fill up before you enter
b) The host doesn't D/C or sit around waiting forever
c) Doesn't have everyone else D/C as soon as you enter
d) Has reasonably competent people (as in, they at least try to go through rooms and find ghosts)

is practically impossible.

The Head Honchkrow

Well, I beat the game yesterday. The penultimate mission was hella tough; I had redo it like, 7 times before I got it (in the end, I managed to beat it without using the golden bone).
The knight boss' 1st & 2nd forms are quite easy. The 3rd, however, is quite difficult even if you know what you're doing, as the knight's feet come down on you really quickly and do 20 damage a hit.

As for King Boo, I'll admit that it took me at least 1/2 an hour to actually figure out what the hell I was supposed to do. Luckily, King Boo himself doesn't actually dish out that much damage.
Still, it was quite tricky to get him in position for the boulder to fall on him.

~The Head Honchkrow~

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Well here are my thoughts of the game:

Personally this was a right step in the 3DS library, it was able to be better than its predecessor Luigi's Mansion™, the mansion designs are top notched, especially the Old Clockworks. The first boss was a real pain in the *** for me as I had to search up on the way to beat it, realizing I had to burn the spider webs to catch the Possessor Ghost. The staircase was so easy I 3-starred it the first try despite all those stairs I had to venture through. The Clock proved itself a little more difficult but failed to match the difficulty of the Queen Spider. The fourth one was probably the most annoying boss fight since the Spider, especially the third round of the declining floor as hitting all the marks kinda relys on luck. I died 5 times before I managed to succeed and move on. The knights weren't so bad but the giant knight is a bit tricky (and painful too) but I succeeded nothingless. King Boo was sucked up after the 2nd try and aftetr that I'm replaying the missions all over again. Overall a must have for the 3DS and a great sequel from a beloved GameCube console game. Controls were a bit getting used too but after that I was able to suck and dodge ghosts with agile ease. Plus the Polterpup was the one I enjoyed the most about!

Aegon

I've got one more level to play and then I'll be facing the boss of the second mansion. I'm very much enjoying the game, though today I suffered my first game over. Now I see how cruel it can be.

KillerDraco

I've got one more level to play and then I'll be facing the boss of the second mansion. I'm very much enjoying the game, though today I suffered my first game over. Now I see how cruel it can be.

Fortunately, the golden bones do help to ease the cruelty. That was a nice touch that I didn't even realize until it happened to me.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Fortunately, the golden bones do help to ease the cruelty. That was a nice touch that I didn't even realize until it happened to me.

Hmm, I had the game over only twice or so, but I never had a golden bone along (though usually I find one easily) so I can only guess its purpose.

KillerDraco

Hmm, I had the game over only twice or so, but I never had a golden bone along (though usually I find one easily) so I can only guess its purpose.

It's a "Continue". When you fall down in the game over position, the Dog will come, take your bone, and wake you up in the process.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
So, anyone been able to make it through a 25F Scarescraper online yet?

Without any D/Cs?

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Nope cause everyone that I play with never does more then 15F, an half of the time we don't even finish that due to other players.
I don't know if their having connection problems or what but they either don't move, or they hardly do anything.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
So, anyone been able to make it through a 25F Scarescraper online yet?

Without any D/Cs?
Nope. Four of us should trade friend codes and set a time when to tackle it. Although it would be hard to get in contact one another. I have a solution but discussing it breaks one of the forum's rules...

I don't do so well in the Scarescraper, I really like taking my time and tackling each mansion slowly and the transition to the online multiplayer doesn't work well.