• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Luigi's Mansion Series

Yeah, but by far, my favorite Boss in the game is the first one, the Grouchy Possessor.

Absolutely. It was very disappointing that the other bosses didn't have a more puzzle-like approach like this. The second boss was just disappointing because it seemed like there should have been something else other than what it ended up being...

And let's not even mention the 4th boss...

Maedar

Banned
Absolutely. It was very disappointing that the other bosses didn't have a more puzzle-like approach like this. The second boss was just disappointing because it seemed like there should have been something else other than what it ended up being...

And let's not even mention the 4th boss...

Good lord, I'm really glad the second boss was easy. I did not want to go up that staircase a second time!

TheEliteEmpoleon

In my opinion the first boss was the hardest. Though I haven't seen the fifth possessor yet; I've been stuck on getting three stars on E-2 for a few days now.

Again, if anyone wants to play the scarescraper with me, I'm up for it. Just vm me your fc.

KillerDraco

In my opinion the first boss was the hardest. Though I haven't seen the fifth possessor yet; I've been stuck on getting three stars on E-2 for a few days now.

Not only was it the hardest, but it had the most intricate design. The other ones just felt kind of... lazy in comparison. Especially the second and third ones. The fourth was a nice reprise, but meh.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Not only was it the hardest, but it had the most intricate design. The other ones just felt kind of... lazy in comparison. Especially the second and third ones. The fourth was a nice reprise, but meh.

Yeah the second one was way underwhelming compared to the first one. I was expecting an even harder fight at the treehouse, and I was surprised at how easy it was. The real challenge in the second boss fight is actually getting to it!

Maedar

Banned

Again, if anyone wants to play the scarescraper with me, I'm up for it. Just vm me your fc.

The fifth one isn't a pushover, but he's not as hard as Big Boo (the "Disk One Final Boss" who you have to fight first).

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Having played the whole game, I would say that the third boss (the one where you have to face down a large number of other ghosts while on the albeit modifiable clock) was the hardest. The later phases just had so many strong (for the level) ghosts. None of the other possessors were that tough once you figured them out. Even King Boo wasn't that hard once you figured him out. In addition, I think that navigating his second corridor was easier than navigating the first. If you survive the first corridor, you're generally good to go for the rest of the fight.

Aquarelle

Staff member
For me, the hardest boss so far (I'm on E-2) was definitely the ice monster thing in the Secret Mine. It took me around 75 minutes to finally beat it. I lost count of how many times I had to restart that fight, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was around 15-20.
I knew exactly what I needed to do to win and had a strategy planned, but for some reason I just really, really struggled with the execution.

But other than that boss, I've been enjoying the game.

KillerDraco

For me, the hardest boss so far (I'm on E-2) was definitely the ice monster thing in the Secret Mine. It took me around 75 minutes to finally beat it. I lost count of how many times I had to restart that fight, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was around 15-20.
I knew exactly what I needed to do to win and had a strategy planned, but for some reason I just really, really struggled with the execution.

Really? I admit it was a little tricky at first, but once I got used to the way the bombs bounced, and the timing for how long it would take for the bomb to reach the face, it wasn't really all that hard. I'd classify it as one of those fights where it's only hard until you find your rhythm.

TheEliteEmpoleon

The fifth one isn't a pushover, but he's not as hard as Big Boo (the "Disk One Final Boss" who you have to fight first).

The fifth possessor was kinda in the middle in terms of difficulty. I thought I had to get both feet on the same rug for the final form, and then pull it, so I was really stuck until I figured out how to really do it. That fight was quite a lot easier than Big Boo, which got me really angry because you can't get hit once if you want to get three stars.

Having played the whole game, I would say that the third boss (the one where you have to face down a large number of other ghosts while on the albeit modifiable clock) was the hardest. The later phases just had so many strong (for the level) ghosts. None of the other possessors were that tough once you figured them out. Even King Boo wasn't that hard once you figured him out. In addition, I think that navigating his second corridor was easier than navigating the first. If you survive the first corridor, you're generally good to go for the rest of the fight.

I thought the third one was pretty easy actually. Maybe that's because I was fully upgraded by then? I'm not quite sure when the ame wants you to be fully upgraded. As for King Boo, his fight and two other missions are the ones I still need three stars in. Once I get those, I'll try to complete my Vault with the ghosts I'm missing. The fight was kinda tough. It was still a pretty good final boss in my opinion.

That one was the second hardest for me. I kept taking too long, and he would regenerate all his ice. Once I figured out my timing, though, he was way easier.

Maedar

Banned
The fifth possessor was kinda in the middle in terms of difficulty. I thought I had to get both feet on the same rug for the final form, and then pull it, so I was really stuck until I figured out how to really do it. That fight was quite a lot easier than Big Boo, which got me really angry because you can't get hit once if you want to get three stars.

Funny you should mention that. I finally did get three stars on that one. It must have taken me about a hundred tries.

Next goal: Getting three stars on "Paranormal Chaos". I'll fill you in once I manage it.

Edit: By the way, I found out something about Big Boo: When you use the Poltergust on the Boos in this Boss Fight, charging it is not necessary. Just grab, aim, and release. Charging it will just leave you vulnerable, and won't give you any benefit at all.

Last edited:

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Just picked up a copy of this game yesterday. I'm loving it so far. I like the mechanics in the spider fight. It was pretty easy the second time, but frustrating when I lost to the purple blob on the last time I needed to hit the thing. Anyway, loving the game so far.

Pokemonspecialgerman

Got my copy a couple of days ago. I just died on Boss 3 on the 11. hour. That.. is a little bit frustrating. But I really like the game so far. They showed good effort of creativity in many different elements of the game. I also liked the second boss but the stairs...oh jeez that was annoying. I would say boss 3 is hardest so far. The first boss was very hard too, but the main problem is to figure out what you have to do. It's not that hard if you know that. You should be able to beat him without much problems on the second try. + It's not hard to heal yourself with a little bit patience. Just kill enough spiders. You need more than that to beat boss 3. Mainly reflexes and the usage of different battle strategies in many different situations. And you have to do it fast.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I loved the first boss fight and look forward to the second. Im also enjoying scarescrappers, tho I wish the options of rooms were larger, as many lose connectivity immediately or are full when it finally loads. Upom FINDING a room and playing- thats fun and seamless online play. I look forward to more difficult challenges, like having to
lift toad above the water
? not hard to figure out lol