• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lunala VS UB: BLACK! A Battle at Full Moon!! (1031)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
That reminds me of real life sometimes, ha
Of course, we're at working age, doing monthly payments. No wonder we get tired.

But, the hilarious thing at the episode is that when Solgaleo damaged Matori ship, people inside were like "Ah, we got hit." quietly. I would be most likely freaking out if I was in that situation.

Last edited:

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
This episode was great, it was very intense for the first half and most of the second half. I really loved the beginning because you could feel the tenshion when Necrozma was chasing after Lunala. The Ultra Guardians actually did better with their ride Pokemon than I thought they were going to but Necrozma was quite a bit too powerful with them. Necrozma becoming Dawn Wings Necrozma was interesting, I was not expecting Necrozma to break itself into pieces to absorb Lunala but that was very well done and the animation was great for it as well.

I found the scenes with Team Rocket to be rather boring. Probably that’s because I did not understand what was being said but honestly, I felt like the scenes with Matori and Gozu early on were boring and that might be because they were being affected by the same thing that was affecting the adults. I’m expecting them to be more of a formidable opponent in the next episode since they are feeling reenergized now. I also did enjoy seeing Hala, Olivia, Nanu, and Acerola again, I’ve missed all of them.

I must say, I enjoyed seeing Nebby again. It was nice to see it come to Lunala’s rescue and reunite with Ash again but it was all short. Between Team Rocket tried to catch both Solgaleo and Lunala, which the Ultra Guardians prevented, to Necrozma absorbing Solgaleo and fleeing into the Ultra Wormhole, it was nonstop action and I loved every minute of it. I’m really glad the Solgaleo was Nebby and not some random Solageo because now the tension is even higher since Nebby is gone and everyone knows Ash and co are going after Necrozma.

After that, the rest of the episode was to heal the weakened Lunala at Aether Paradise. I was a little intrigued with everyoneks Z-Rings that brought Lunala back to full health and it broke the healing chamber.

Needless to say, this was a great episode. I was on edge for pretty much most of the episode and I can’t wait for next weeks. Bravo, writers. Well done.

TRio captured a Zapdos like that in XY I think how is this any different?

You have to understand that in that episode, Zapdos was weakened from battling against Ash’s Noivern which made it easier for the TRio to capture it. Necrozma, on the other hand, was not weakened much at all so there is no chance of Team Rocket catching it with a net.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
So, am I like the only one annoyed by the fact that an eclipse apparently happens in Alola on the day after a full moon night? For a series that's named Sun and Moon you'd think they'd get these things right. It's not even the first time that they mess up their moon cycles in Sun and Moon either.

Stupid Deoxys teleporting the moon around its orbit all the time.

Shotgunrain

They have not specified that yet. The reason why the adult's motivation has been dropping is Necrozma. It opened up a small wormhole, and that was sucking the Ultra Aura out, which is what left the adults feeling drained. Why the adults are the only one affected has not been explained yet.
Well my personal theory is that children and Pokemon are naturally more energetic than adults, so Necrozma absorbing the Ultra Aura wasn't significant enough to affect children and Pokemon.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I liked the detail that the Z-Rings are made from pieces of Necrozma, hence why Lunala was able to absorb the Ultra Aura from them to heal itself

The music was also superb, and the detail in the last six minutes of the episode was spectacular - the panning shot of Melemele Island was absolutely gorgeous

xEryChan

Demon Child
Wow! What an episode. I have no words for it.

The beginning with Necrozma chasing after Lunala was so intense and the battle Lunala and Necrozma had was epic. Ash and the rest of the Ultra Guardians tried their best with their ride Pokemon to protect Lunala but Necrozma was too strong. It ended up knocking Lillie off Altaria as well as Gladion off Noivern. I must say, I loved when Ash caught Gladion I ship it :D

Necrozma absorbing Lunala to become Dawn Wings Necrozma shocked me. Granted I knew that was going to happen to from the preview but I was not expecting to Necrozma to break itself into pieces and latch onto Lunala like that but it was very well animated. My only complaint about it is was just too quick because Nebby showed up and saved Lunala from Necrozma.

Team Rocket really got on my nerves. Their scenes were rather bland. Honestly, it’s thanks to them trying to catch Solgaleo and Lunala did not help because it’s pretty much thanks to them that Necrozma absorbed Nebby and became Dusk Mane Necrozma before heading to Ultra Space. One thing confused me. How is it that Necrozma escaping through the Ultra Wormhole is what returned the adults to normal when in the last episode, Necrozma was not even their world and yet the adults still felt drained and had no motivation? That doesn’t make any sense.

The rest of the episode was pretty much spent healing Lunala. The first time I saw the episode, I thought they were in Aether Paradise but they were actually at the underground base in the school. The ending with the Z rings energizing Lunala and it breaking the glass was intriguing.

I really liked seeing Hala, Olivia, Nanu, and Acerola as well as the guardian deities minus Tapu Fini again. Is it just me or did they change Olivia’s voice? I swear her VA sounded different here to me.

Overall, good episode and it did its job of setting up for the next episode right because I’m so excited for next weeks. Great episode, very well done.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
One thing confused me. How is it that Necrozma escaping through the Ultra Wormhole is what returned the adults to normal when in the last episode, Necrozma was not even their world and yet the adults still felt drained and had no motivation? That doesn’t make any sense.

In last episode the Ultra Wormhole was already open at the beginning of the episode and Necrozma was draining away Ultra Aura from Alola through it, long before Lunala even appeared at the Altar of the Sunne again. But Necrozma sealed off the Ultra Wormhole behind it when it left to prevent the Ultra Guardians and Team Rocket from following it, and with the Wormhole now closed the Ultra Aura is no longer being drained so the natural balance restores itself.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In last episode the Ultra Wormhole was already open at the beginning of the episode and Necrozma was draining away Ultra Aura from Alola through it, long before Lunala even appeared at the Altar of the Sunne again. But Necrozma sealed off the Ultra Wormhole behind it when it left to prevent the Ultra Guardians and Team Rocket from following it, and with the Wormhole now closed the Ultra Aura is no longer being drained so the natural balance restores itself.
Just to be clear it was the Ultra Wormhole that was left open while Necrozma was in Alola that was draining the aura energy from the adults and the adults got their energy back after Necrozma sealed the Ultra Wormhole so that it can escape while possessing Nebby to avoid a pursuit from the Ultra Guardians and Lunala. But then my question is did Necrozma intend to leave the Ultra Wormhole open?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
This was definitely an intense episode. You could feel the tension throughout—from Necrozma chasing Lunala, to their battle, to Solgaleo's battle against Necrozma, to Necrozma absorbing both legendary Pokémon. The background music definitely enhanced that feeling. Even Lillie and Gladion falling from their mounts was tense, even though I knew they would be caught. (I appreciated the realistic detail of Ash struggling a bit when he caught Gladion. Ash may be incredibly strong, but Gladion is still bigger and heavier than he is.)

Even the Matori Matrix's I cannot be the only one who finds that a rather silly name for an elite squad entrance added tension, because we know that, unlike the TRio, these members of Team Rocket are actually competent. Not that I was pleased with their interference, since it was their weakening Solgaleo that enabled Necrozma to absorb it. (I will say, however, that the way they carried out their orders despite their lack of joy and motivation was pretty funny.)

It's been awhile since an episode consisted almost entirely of battles. While I appreciated a full-scale, uninterrupted battle between legendary Pokémon, I have to admit, I was a little frustrated the Ultra Guardians weren't more proactive in aiding Lunala and Solgaleo. Even if they couldn't do much, attempting to help would at least make them feel more like the Ultra Guardians they are supposed to be. Ash and Gladion were the most proactive members of the group. Lana, Kiawe, you two have Z-Rings—get your butts out there and start blasting Z-Moves!

So, that Solgaleo is, in fact, Nebby which makes me wonder where Lunala came from. I hope that after Ash and his friends rescue Solgaleo from Necrozma's clutches, the group can have a proper reunion. I didn't expect one here, given the high stakes at the time, but a proper reunion is needed.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
So, that Solgaleo is, in fact, Nebby which makes me wonder where Lunala came from. I hope that after Ash and his friends rescue Solgaleo from Necrozma's clutches, the group can have a proper reunion. I didn't expect one here, given the high stakes at the time, but a proper reunion is needed.
The alternate world in which Ash&Co. take care of Nebby as a Lunala :) they just don't know yet how strong of a bond they have with it yet! That's my theory :p

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Lana, Kiawe, you two have Z-Rings—get your butts out there and start blasting Z-Moves!

My guess is they couldn't use their Z-Moves so soon after using them last episode, especially with Z-Moves being powered down. And none of the attacks were doing anything, Necrozma was even shrugging off attacks from Lunala and Solgaleo, it was only Solgaleo's Sunsteel Strike that even seemed to do anything and it only broke Necrozma's bond with Lunala, Necrozma was still fine afterwards. Kiawe also pointed out that Prismatic Laser was too dangerous for them and they had to pull back.