• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lunala VS UB: BLACK! A Battle at Full Moon!! (1031)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1031.jpg

Lunala VS UB: BLACK! A Battle at Full Moon!!

Lunala and Necrozma have appeared at the Altar of the Sunne and start battling. Ash & co. start to try to battle Necrozma to help Lunala but their attacks have no effect. However, to make things worse, a group from Team Rocket have also appeared and are trying to catch both Lunala and Necrozma. When all seems to be useless, Nebby returns from the Ultra Wormhole. What will happen? Will they be able to stop Necrozma and Team Rocket?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Mildly amusing episode. The Battle wasn't really all that great, but at least it wasn't bad. With all the stuff Necrozma had to do to link with Lunala to become Dawn Wings, it was totally offset with how easy it became Dusk Mane. The ending was totally random with the Z-Rings revitalizing Lunala.

Also, really annoyed that they went around Melemele, to Akala, to Ula Ula and showing the Kahuna's and Tapu's and then.. well.. Not showing Poni Island. Would've been great foreshadowing.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The battle wasn't too bad after all, but still Lunala had a full moveset with Moonblast, Moongeist Beam, Phantom Force and Air Slash. The Dawn Wings Necrozma transformation was an easy one with Necrozma having to separate itself and link itself to Necrozma and the Dusk Mane transformation was much more instant. Still liked the Tapu intervention but I wished that was much longer. But still Lunala had to be healed so that the Ultra Guardians can quickly get Lunala to create an Ultra Wormhole to chase after Necrozma.

D

Deleted member 384931

It was a nice episode. I am only dissapointed that DWN didnt last long. And TR goofing around. The humor wasnt needed, but yeah. Why are you dissapointed in the battle?

D

Deleted member 384931

Mildly amusing episode. The Battle wasn't really all that great, but at least it wasn't bad. With all the stuff Necrozma had to do to link with Lunala to become Dawn Wings, it was totally offset with how easy it became Dusk Mane. The ending was totally random with the Z-Rings revitalizing Lunala.

Also, really annoyed that they went around Melemele, to Akala, to Ula Ula and showing the Kahuna's and Tapu's and then.. well.. Not showing Poni Island. Would've been great foreshadowing.
Why did they even appear?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Sadly Hapu or Tapu Fini didnt appear. So they give energy with their Z-Ring? And is it me or is Gladion nicer?
I don't think they wanted to spoil Hapu by showing her along with Tapu Fini. But still they could show Tapu Fini without Hapu or show both but Hapu doesn't have a voiced role to foreshadow the Poni arc. The light from their Z-Rings were used to revive Lunala. I think since Gladion is an Ultra Guardian member along with Lillie, I think that was what has caused him to be a bit friendlier.

D

Deleted member 384931

I don't think they wanted to spoil Hapu by showing her along with Tapu Fini. But still they could show Tapu Fini without Hapu or show both but Hapu doesn't have a voiced role to foreshadow the Poni arc. The light from their Z-Rings were used to revive Lunala. I think since Gladion is an Ultra Guardian member along with Lillie, I think that was what has caused him to be a bit friendlier.
Poipole didnt do that much except panicing and Rotom freaking out

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hapu is probably not chosen as the next Kahuna yet and we might have an episode focusing on that later. Anyway, both action and OST were pretty good this week but I wish we got to see more of Tapu Koko battling against Necrozma.
Probably so, which more closely follows the plot events in the games as in the recent passing of Hapu's grandfather left Poni Island without a Kahuna for a while.
Poipole didnt do that much except panicing and Rotom freaking out
I don't remember Poipole doing too much at all. I think the biggest thing that Poipole did was to react to the image of Necrozma's symbol due to its significance to the arc.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ah, these episode was exciting, with some very entertaining and intense action of course. The scuttle with Necrozma was epic!!! :D Lunala vs Necrozma was pretty entertaining with Lunala showing of its full moveset. Ash and co. tried pretty well with their Ride Pokemon using some cool moves to attack Necrozma, but obviously Necrozma did prove to too powerful for the. Two scenes which got me at the edge of my seat during Ash and co's fight with Necrozma were: Lillie getting knocked off Altraria's back by Necrozma's Primatic Laser and Lunala saving her, and even more Gladion getting knocked off Noivern's back similary and Ash catching him. :eek:

Necrozma absorbing Lunala to become Dawn Wings Necrozma was well-animated, but Dawn Wings Necrozma was shown off a bit too shortly IMO, with TR interfaring and catching it for DWN to free itself and then Solgaleo (Nebby) entering the fray immediately. Man Nebby did prove to be quite OP!!! :eek: I didn't really expect it too handle DWN so well, but it bested it pretty well, freeing Lunala from Necrozma's control. Another TR capture attempt, this time aimed at Solgaleo and Lunala, was thwarted pretty soon by Silvally and Pikachu. But persistent Necrozma comes back soon to absorb Nebby and become Dusk Mane Necrozma...and then go back to Ultra Space!!

After that it was all about pretty much about healing the weakened and wounded Lunala. Lusamine gave it a pretty good care/treatment at Aether lab and the ending was pretty intriguing with everyone's Z-power from their Z-rings restoring Lunala to normal and it breaking apart the treatment chamber.

TR's role here was pretty meh, but then again there are signs that it'll be more strong in the next episode with Matori and co. feeling re-energized with Necrozma going to another dimension (as well as all other known adults too). Olivia, Acerola and Nanu's appearances felt pretty random her, Hala's was OK.

Pretty exciting episode this and sets up pretty nice for the next episode of the arc, which is supposed to have more action, I enjoyed it pretty well. 8.5/10.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The battle wasn't too bad after all, but still Lunala had a full moveset with Moonblast, Moongeist Beam, Phantom Force and Air Slash. The Dawn Wings Necrozma transformation was an easy one with Necrozma having to separate itself and link itself to Necrozma and the Dusk Mane transformation was much more instant. Still liked the Tapu intervention but I wished that was much longer. But still Lunala had to be healed so that the Ultra Guardians can quickly get Lunala to create an Ultra Wormhole to chase after Necrozma.
Could you figure out all the moves that Necrozma, Dawn Wings Necrozma and Solgaleo used in this episode?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Dawn Wings Necrozma was short, but that's fair since it's clearly supposed to be the one getting focus in this arc. Solgaleo already had its time in the Sunne in the Aether arc.

Though it's weird to actually see Necrozma break apart into pieces to attach itself. In the games, we only see it split for Ultra Necrozma, and even then we don't get to see the actual splitting.

Could you figure out all the moves that Necrozma, Dawn Wings Necrozma and Solgaleo used in this episode?

Necrozma used Psycho Cut and Prismatic Laser while Lunala used Moongeist Beam, Moonblast, Air Cutter/Slash, and Phantom Force. Solgaleo used Sunsteel Strike and Flash Cannon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Although I'm not as sure with the others, I'm definitely sure Necrozma used Psycho Cut and Prismatic Laser and Solgaleo used Flash Cannon and Sunsteel Strike.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Necrozma used Psycho Cut and Prismatic Laser while Lunala used Moongeist Beam, Moonblast, Air Cutter/Slash, and Phantom Force. Solgaleo used Sunsteel Strike and Flash Cannon.

Although I'm not as sure with the others, I'm definitely sure Necrozma used Psycho Cut and Prismatic Laser and Solgaleo used Flash Cannon and Sunsteel Strike.

I see, that's neat. :) Did Necrozma use any other moves as Dawn Wings Necrozma though? The move which overpowered Solgaleo for a while looked sort of different TBH.

D

Deleted member 384931

Seriously a net to catch an legendary pokémon? TRio didnt do much. They arent really important to this arc for me

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I see, that's neat. :) Did Necrozma use any other moves as Dawn Wings Necrozma though? The move which overpowered Solgaleo for a while looked sort of different TBH.
The move Necrozma used as Dawn Wings Necrozma is Mirror Shot.

D

Deleted member 384931

TRio captured a Zapdos like that in XY I think how is this any different?
Because from the members except the TRIO you would expect more advanced methods to catch a Legendary