• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lunala VS UB: BLACK! A Battle at Full Moon!! (1031)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Except you will think that given that this is the best that tr has to offer will have more advanced way of catching a legendary then a simple net.

All their budget went to that fancy airship with the cloaking device.

That stuff ain't cheap, you know.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
TRio captured a Zapdos like that in XY I think how is this any different?
Because a Legendary which was momentarily getting its butt kicked by Ash's Noivern is somehow comparable to a Legendary of Necrozma's calibre, mkay.
The move Necrozma used as Dawn Wings Necrozma is Mirror Shot.
Ah, so it was a different move after all. I pretty much thought so. :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Because a Legendary which was momentarily getting its butt kicked by Ash's Noivern is somehow comparable to a Legendary of Necrozma's calibre, mkay.

Ah, so it was a different move after all. I pretty much thought so. :)
Because the beams scatter as long beams instead of many short beams or gather as separate beams into one large beam, it's definitely another move and it's not Moongeist Beam or Prismatic Laser. So I had a look at Necrozma's movepool and it seemed Mirror Shot was the only move that seemed similar to the others and had basically the same visual effects as used as in the recent games.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
All their budget went to that fancy airship with the cloaking device.

That stuff ain't cheap, you know.
Besides if a net is all that’s needed, why bother with anything else? Don’t spend more money on something that can be done by something else at a lesser cost. :^)

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I loved seeing Hala, Olivia, and Nanu near the end with their respective Island Guardian beside them. Also, the Alolan Meowth made a cameo in the after credits scene.

It's crazy on how all these legendaries are fighting against each other in one location! :eek: I did like how the classmates didn't really interfere that much, I like seeing the Beasts go at it by their own free will.

Lusamine's children both fall off their Ride Pokémon and got saved in the same episode, talk about a family tradition. I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I wasn't going into it expecting a lot, I'm saddened by how Solgaleo a.k.a. our Nebby got possessed by UB Black and didn't recover but hey, that's the excitement for the next episode! I liked it's interaction with Lunala who also had some pretty neat scenes with Ash and Lillie.

Nice that the TRio are adults stalking a 10 year old kid. Great job Matori, you've impressed me even with your lazier attempt of harming Lunala/Solgaleo.

Last edited:

DatsRight

This was an okay episode, as expected the twerps were mostly ineffective bystanders giving commentary, but the legendary battle was okay and some entertaining interactions here and there.

TR's new group was amusingly just comic relief like the TRio in this one, it's odd seeing Matori as a bumbler (much to Alolan Meowth's exasperation, wonder if it's considering another relocation).

All the adults springing to life was humorous.

One thing that REALLY bugs me however, is the lack of much concern for Soleago, aside from Ash's hug at the start, it just seems to be treated like any other legendary. It breaks my heart that no one, not even Lillie, refers to it as Nebby anymore, which was a sign of affection in the games (who didn't nickname it Nebby when they got it?) and seem to just lose concern about saving it as the episode goes on. It's just another sign that the writers' hearts are just not with the story the games offered them. Lunala saving Lillie and getting it's turn to be hugged was cute though.

I loved seeing Hala, Olivia, and Nanu near the end with their respective Island Guardian beside them. Also, the Alolan Meowth made a cameo in the after credits scene.

Anyone know what it was talking about? The group seemed a little put off their game by it.

Except you will think that given that this is the best that tr has to offer will have more advanced way of catching a legendary then a simple net.

TR just aren't given elaborate plans anymore, they're there for quicker bouts where the writers don't want to force brain cells from the twerps into stopping them. It's sad given how in BW and even OS, even the TRio had way more elaborate and savvy schemes. In those days the net would be a ruse or have a backup plan.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You know that Team Rocket were being affected by Necrozma energy draining powers so they wasn't acting themselves.
It seems Hala got affected in some way because it seemed he was a bit tired like some of the others. And as Necrozma disappeared through the Ultra Wormhole, it seemed everyone became fine, most obviously shown by Kukui, Samson Oak, Burnet, Lusamine and Team Rocket.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Because from the members except the TRIO you would expect more advanced methods to catch a Legendary
Well, it's not like they could've used any Poké Balls. You can't catch Necrozma when it's merged with another Pokémon, after all. Gotta be loyal to the games, right? :p

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Anyone know what it was talking about? The group seemed a little put off their game by it.
I think they were going to go with a plan and the Alolan Meowth thought it wasn't necessary and Matori said something about it being solved quickly and wondered what to do now, what do they do now.

Maybe Dephender could translate, he's better at this. ^^;

p96822

Evolve me please
They only call Solgaleo by Nebby because they didn't know what to call it at the time. I guess they respect Zygrade by calling by his nickname.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well, it's not like they could've used any Poké Balls. You can't catch Necrozma when it's merged with another Pokémon, after all. Gotta be loyal to the games, right? :p
True though but not always all of the time. It definitely would have been a lot easier for them to use an electric net to catch Necrozma but still it managed to escape by itself. And since Team Rocket was in a ship, it would be very inconvenient from them to throw Poké Balls at it anyway.

DatsRight

They only call Solgaleo by Nebby because they didn't know what to call it at the time. I guess they respect Zygrade by calling by his nickname.

But in the games Nebby wasn't a placeholder name, not for Lillie at least, it was what she called it as a sign of their bond. The fact she has another Pokemon in the anime she calls consistently by nickname only punctuates this.

The fact it's just a Soleago in the anime just makes it seem like another formulaic legendary.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I like that Lillie landed on Lunala's back when her ride Pokemon got hit by Necrozma's attack, it's refreshing compared to have Ash landing or commanding Legendaries to attack like the Hoopa movie.

So one of Team Rocket commanders has an eyepatch just to look himself cool, than a permanent injury for his service at a crime organization, makes sense.

We would thought that since Matori and her crew had equipments that were more sophisticated than the TRio, would have an easier time to capture the Legendaries, but nope they still stick with the ropes that can be cut easily. And somehow, they were the evil team in this whole arc since Team Skull couldn't match them in terms of ressources.

Like the last episode, it's depressing to see the adults being tired and sleepy, but I still like Lusamine messed up hair, which she fixed up when Dusk Mane Necrozma went back to the ultra Wormhole.

I think this arc is the only instance where we see 2 Pokemons fused together in action. I saw the Kyurem BW movie with its fused forms but it wasn't canon of the anime.

Great episode, look forward for the next one. :)

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I like the transformation scene of Necorzma and Lunala, was very well done. Solgaleo and Necrozma looked just cheap. I didn't like how Tsareena just stays there emotionless all the time and suddenly opens her arms when Lunala wakes up with almost no expression at all.

Perhaps my stance against the series just because it didn't follow the game affects my opinion, but I'm not drawn into the episode. It looks ordinary, I didn't get any chills like when I was watching the Galactic arc. Instead, I found myself focusing on the tiny decors such as Mt. Lanakila while Nanu was praying.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
-I like how Meowth drew himself onto the blackboard
-That Dawn Wings/Dusk Mane battle theme in the background of the retelling of last week sounds great
-Faba is just used to their tired nature now
-Both of the Meowth are getting annoyed with their respective groups lol
-Even while tired, Matori stills gets on Jessie's nerves
-That scene with Koko was cool. But why did it just stay there?
-Ash and Gladion get right into the action. Good thinking
-Obligatory Lillie in trouble scene
-I'm glad the others are trying even if it did nothing
-The realization of Necrozma and the Radiant One gets Poipole rallied up
-Necrozma absorbing Lunala is freaking everyone out
-Ash saved his boyfriend. Cute
-That Dawn Wings transformation was dope. It has the Palkia cry too
-And of course Rocket comes along. Terrible first impression
-Solgaleo's entrance and Ash's instant excitement made me smile
-Sunsteel Strike looks ironically good in the night
-Glad to see Silvally battling
-Damn Necrozma wasn't playing around. It ran straight back to an Ultra Wormhole
-Ash looks worried. Feels bad
-The restoration of Kukui, Alolan Oak, & TRio were funny.
-Glad that there's a mutual happiness that Kukui is back to normally
-Their reaction to seeing Lunala lol
-The confusion of Poipole's gibberish lol
-Thank god Faba isn't a traitor
-Well the Kahunas are praying. That's something ig
-Everyone giving their thoughts/prayers for Solgaleo
-Ash is the hype man lol
-That Z Ring thing was interesting
-Lunala's so strong it can break glass. Be amazed, children!
10/10

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
This was an okay episode, as expected the twerps were mostly ineffective bystanders giving commentary, but the legendary battle was okay and some entertaining interactions here and there.

TR's new group was amusingly just comic relief like the TRio in this one, it's odd seeing Matori as a bumbler (much to Alolan Meowth's exasperation, wonder if it's considering another relocation).

All the adults springing to life was humorous.

One thing that REALLY bugs me however, is the lack of much concern for Soleago, aside from Ash's hug at the start, it just seems to be treated like any other legendary. It breaks my heart that no one, not even Lillie, refers to it as Nebby anymore, which was a sign of affection in the games (who didn't nickname it Nebby when they got it?) and seem to just lose concern about saving it as the episode goes on. It's just another sign that the writers' hearts are just not with the story the games offered them. Lunala saving Lillie and getting it's turn to be hugged was cute though.

TR just aren't given elaborate plans anymore, they're there for quicker bouts where the writers don't want to force brain cells from the twerps into stopping them. It's sad given how in BW and even OS, even the TRio had way more elaborate and savvy schemes. In those days the net would be a ruse or have a backup plan.
When Ash asked Nebby if it wanted to eat Starcandy back in ep 52, wasn't he like "Want some Nebby...I mean Solgaleo?". And didn't Ash call Solgaleo not Nebby but Solgaleo in episode 53 and 54? And the following:
They only call Solgaleo by Nebby because they didn't know what to call it at the time.