• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lunala VS UB: BLACK! A Battle at Full Moon!! (1031)

Sonnas

Did anyone feel like the animation of the Necrozma vs Lunala fight looked bad? Because it bothers me how two episodes ago, they put good looking animation on a swimming race with Flygon and Garchomp yet they couldn't put great animation on a fight between two Legendaries?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Did anyone feel like the animation of the Necrozma vs Lunala fight looked bad? Because it bothers me how two episodes ago, they put good looking animation on a swimming race with Flygon and Garchomp yet they couldn't put great animation on a fight between two Legendaries?
Yeah, this episode is notorious for its bad animation

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Necrozma's transformations were particularly underwhelming. Like, this mysterious parasite possessing the two highest Legendary Pokémon in Alola, one of whom is a previously established character whom our heroes are strongly attached to, should be an incredibly dramatic and impactful moment, but between the animation being minimal, the storyboarding making no attempt to play up the moment as a big deal, the soundtrack just being pretty standard battle music (at least in the Japanese version, I dunno what the dub did) and the sound-effects for it likewise being pretty stock...

It just comes off as "Well, that happened" rather than "OH MY GAWD THAT IS HORRIBLE WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO?!?!?!?!?!?"

Sonnas

Necrozma's transformations were particularly underwhelming. Like, this mysterious parasite possessing the two highest Legendary Pokémon in Alola, one of whom is a previously established character whom our heroes are strongly attached to, should be an incredibly dramatic and impactful moment, but between the animation being minimal, the storyboarding making no attempt to play up the moment as a big deal, the soundtrack just being pretty standard battle music (at least in the Japanese version, I dunno what the dub did) and the sound-effects for it likewise being pretty stock...

It just comes off as "Well, that happened" rather than "OH MY GAWD THAT IS HORRIBLE WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO?!?!?!?!?!?"
Which I feel describes this 4 parter in general, just being underwhelming and nothing that changes the status quo (besides Poipole leaving.) or any consequences from it as if nothing of value was lost or gained.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Here is my gripe... Ash and Gladion use their Ride Pokemon to battle. These are perfect moments to use their other Pokemon to battle and add depth to these Pokemon characters instead of using Ride Pokemon that we have little to no emotional attachment to.

And Lillie had to go fall off and be a damsel in distress. Some episodes, the Power Rang... err I mean Ultra Guardians have their shining smart moments. But here they were pretty much bystanders who were in hazards way and acted just like it. It was a cry for help in my book.

As previously noted by others, the fight scenes were low quality (although I did enjoy Lunala using Phantom Force. It adds a sense of trickery and surprise that you can root for.)

Team Rocket Elite Force... Like what the F were they there for. Someone blast them off to Kanto.