• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

M-Kangaskhan and Choice Aegislash [X RMT]

Gampi

ガンピ
This is my X team at the moment, but I'd like some move set suggestions for it since I don't think it covers enough. So in no particular order...

635.png

Hydreigon
Choice Scarf
Modest nature, Levitate
EVs: 4HP, 252SpAtk, 252Speed
-- Fire Blast
-- Draco Meteor
-- Dark Pulse
-- Flash Cannon
Typical Hydreigon set, Timid would have been a better nature but I bred him to be a Choice Specs user. Flash Cannon is for Fairy coverage.

671-b.png

Florges
Leftovers
Bold nature, Flower Veil
EVs: 252HP, 244Def, 12SpAtk
-- Wish
-- Calm Mind
-- Substitute
-- Moonblast
My favorite Wish summoner, although she can run a pretty mean Substitute+Calm Mind set when needed.

395.png

Empoleon
Choice Specs
Modest nature, Torrent
EVs: 252HP, 252SpAtk, 4Speed
-- Flash Cannon
-- Hydro Pump
-- Ice Beam
-- Grass Knot
I can freely change her Choice Specs with my Hydreigon's Choice Scarf, but I honestly think she works better with Specs.

115.png
115-m.png

Kangaskhan
Kangaskhanite
Jolly nature, Scrappy/Parental Bond
EVs: 4HP, 252Attack, 252Speed
-- ProtectPower-Up Punch
-- Sucker Punch
-- Earthquake
-- Protect
The titular Mega of my team. Bog-standard set, so moving on...

aegislash-2.gif

Aegislash
Choice Band
Brave nature, Stance Change
EVs: 252HP, 252Attack, 4SpDef
-- Head Smash
-- Iron Head/Gyro Ball
-- Shadow Claw
-- Sacred Sword
What's this? A-Aegislash? Without kinsg shild?!?!

Why would you do such a thing?

Simple.

Because people expect that Aegislash will always have King's Shield. So naturally going against the norm is going to throw some people off. Also because I can just call it back if someone tries to counter it and heal it with Wish anyway. All of which sounds horribly inefficient.

Last edited:

coolerdynastic

Considering the power and effectiveness of M.Kangaskhan,I personally think that Protect is rather useless. Consider power up punch for an offensive swords dance (if you know what I mean). Use return for its beastly power

Gampi

ガンピ
Considering the power and effectiveness of M.Kangaskhan,I personally think that Protect is rather useless. Consider power up punch for an offensive swords dance (if you know what I mean). Use return for its beastly power

I was actually thinking about giving M-Kangaskhan Power-Up Punch. Thanks for the suggestion.

Gampi

ガンピ
Are you purposely using only five Pokemon or do you want a suggestion for a sixth?

I thought I put six...

Uh, sure. I'll take suggestions for a sixth Pokémon. I was thinking Escavalier but I would like to hear someone else's thought on the matter [just no PokéBank legends please].

XXD17

Draco rex
Mega khan's going to want a powerful STAB move...like return...I run a jolly set with fake out, return, POP, and crunch....fake out gets some damage and a flinch on faster pokes like greninja and infer nape and then I can switch out to a counter usually chandelure or ferrothorn or I can stay in, POP, take a neutral hit due to natural bulk and sweep with return/ crunch...the only reason I don't run sucker punch is because 1) it's predictable and can allow things to easily set up, 2) it's jolly an not adamant so unless you POP first, it won't be KOing...I'm not too sure about your team synergy but return is definitely a welcome move...body slam and dizzy punch can also be considered for the extra chance at has...

As a sixth member, I would suggest a ferrothorn...it's bulky, can cripple with T-wave, and it can set up hazards...Otherwise, I would suggest a bulky water like tentacruel or jellicent...

Last edited:

Gampi

ガンピ
Mega khan's going to want a powerful STAB move...like return...I run a jolly set with fake out, return, POP, and crunch....fake out gets some damage and a flinch on faster pokes like greninja and infer nape and then I can switch out to a counter usually chandelure or ferrothorn or I can stay in, POP, take a neutral hit due to natural bulk and sweep with return/ crunch...the only reason I don't run sucker punch is because 1) it's predictable and can allow things to easily set up, 2) it's jolly an not adamant so unless you POP first, it won't be KOing...I'm not too sure about your team synergy but return is definitely a welcome move...body slam and dizzy punch can also be considered for the extra chance at has...

As a sixth member, I would suggest a ferrothorn...it's bulky, can cripple with T-wave, and it can set up hazards...Otherwise, I would suggest a bulky water like tentacruel or jellicent...
I'm not fond of replacing Sucker Punch. I sort of like the priority, even if Crunch is a better option.

I've been getting a lot of Ferroseed from Wonder Trade recently, and also I've been wanting to use a Ferrothorn for a while. I'm sure I could conjure up a set like so:

598.png

Ferrothorn
Rocky Helmet
Sassy/Careful nature, Iron Barbs
EVs: 252HP, 12Attack, 244SpDef
-- Thunder Wave
-- Gyro Ball
-- Leech Seed
-- Stealth Rock/Spikes

...but I still want to use Escavalier, even so I can't make the team too Steel-heavy [no pun intended].

coolerdynastic

Escavalier is good but considering his speed, you should rather go for Scizor for a priority boosted Bullet Punch. No comments about Ferrothorn, just watch out for fires

VerntheNoivern

ALOHAAAAAAAAAAAA!
ferrothorn is fine i guess but i would prefer escavalier. where did u get empoleon?

coolerdynastic

250px-589Escavalier.png

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
~Megahorn
~Iron Head
~Return
~Pursuit

I would use Drill Run to counter fire types (if that can ever happen since he is slow).
He cant use Choice Band since his Aegislash is holding one. Quick Claw might be good for a chance to attack first