• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

m

eggman62

competitve 5th gen team

This is my new 5th gen team and the first team i want to use to battle competitively.

Now on with the show:

The team: ferrothorn, sizor, conkeldurr

salamence, gyarados, snorlax

Ferrothorn@leftovers
Ability: iron barbs
Ev: 252 hp, 252 def 4 sdef
nature: sassy + sdef, - spe

Attacks
: leech seed
: protect/ stealth rocks
: Thunder wave
: power whip

ferrothorn is my main wall and will mostly be used to spread thunder waves. stealth rocks and leech seed is to apply pressure to the opponent as if they switch they take stealth rock damage but if they stay in they will be drained by leech seed and if they are a physical attacker will be vulnerable to intimidate from gyarados or salamence.

scizor@life orb
ability: technician
Ev: 252 atk, 126 hp, 126 spe
nature: adamant

Attacks
: sword dance
: roost/aerial ace
: bullet punch
: bug bite

scizor will act as my set up sweeper and revenge killer taking out enemies that have either been weakened by repeated stealth rocks and leech seed damage. on the other hand with ferrothorn setting up thunder wave it gives scizor ample opportunity to set up sword dance. roost is there for reliable recovery

conkeldurr@flame orb
Ability: guts
Ev: 252 hp, 252 atk, 4 def

Attacks
: bulk up
: mach punch
: drain punch
: stone edge

in my opinion conkeldurr is an incredible Pokemon one of my favorites by far my basic stratergy is to use gyarados or salamence to draw out rock type move or Pokemon so conkeldurr can switch in receiving little damage from the rock move so it can set up with bulk up. mach punch is for priority and so i don't have to rely on scizor, drain punch is to heal and stone edge is for coverage and for the rare flying Pokemon.

salamence@life orb
ability: intimidate
Ev: 252 spe, 252 spatk, 4 hp
nature timid or rash

Attacks
: hydro pump
: fire blast
: draco meteor
: earthquake/roost

salamence is hopefully going to my special sweeper. draco meteor and fire blast and for near perfect coverge and hydro pump to give it perfect coverage. earthquake is if choose to run a rash nature but roost is for a timid nature.

gyarados@leftovers
Ev: 252 hp, 126 def , 126 spdef

Attacks
:dragon dance
:waterfall
:earthquake
:stone edge

gyarados is going to be my bulky sweeper and after two dragon dances will do a lot of damage. waterfall is for stab and earthquake and stone edge for the edgequake combo

snorlax@chesto berry
ability: thick fat
Ev: 188 hp, 104 def, 216 spdef

Attacks
:curse
:body slam
:rest

snorlax will be lucky game changer if i can switch into a special attack and set at least 2 curses it becomes a pain to defeat and with gyarados, salamence, ferrothorn and scizor drawing out special attacks it becomes incredibly easy to set up. With the 30% chance of paralysis and stab body slam is incredibly useful earthquake for coverage and rest is for recovery after curse.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
your team seems to be full of mostly physical sweepers. maybe get a good choice scarfer like rotom-w or jirachi. on scior go for a different ev set, like 252Att/252Spe or 240HP/252Att/16Spe. for conk i suggest using payback for reuniclus since you won't be able to hit it for very good damage with those moves.

eggman62

^ thanks I will probably change Stone edge for payback and I'll change scizors evs if was to add a special attacker, who do you think I should take out

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
don't bump to many times. my opinion would be to take snorlax out, he is a good special wall, but you could add in something like a Calm mind reunilclus to be your physical wall so you can also scrap ferrothorn for another steel type

megamanox

This is my new 5th gen team and the first team i want to use to battle competitively.

Now on with the show:

The team: ferrothorn, sizor, conkeldurr

salamence, gyarados, snorlax

Ferrothorn@leftovers
Ability: iron barbs
Ev: 252 hp, 252 def 4 sdef
nature: sassy + sdef, - spe

Attacks
: leech seed
: protect/ stealth rocks
: Thunder wave
: power whip

ferrothorn is my main wall and will mostly be used to spread thunder waves. stealth rocks and leech seed is to apply pressure to the opponent as if they switch they take stealth rock damage but if they stay in they will be drained by leech seed and if they are a physical attacker will be vulnerable to intimidate from gyarados or salamence.

scizor@life orb

Attacks

scizor will act as my set up sweeper and revenge killer taking out enemies that have either been weakened by repeated stealth rocks and leech seed damage. on the other hand with ferrothorn setting up thunder wave it gives scizor ample opportunity to set up sword dance. roost is there for reliable recovery

conkeldurr@flame orb
Ability: guts
Ev: 252 hp, 252 atk, 4 def

Attacks
: bulk up
: mach punch
: drain punch
: stone edge

in my opinion conkeldurr is an incredible Pokemon one of my favorites by far my basic stratergy is to use gyarados or salamence to draw out rock type move or Pokemon so conkeldurr can switch in receiving little damage from the rock move so it can set up with bulk up. mach punch is for priority and so i don't have to rely on scizor, drain punch is to heal and stone edge is for coverage and for the rare flying Pokemon.

salamence@life orb
nature timid or rash

Attacks

salamence is hopefully going to my special sweeper. draco meteor and fire blast and for near perfect coverge and hydro pump to give it perfect coverage. earthquake is if choose to run a rash nature but roost is for a timid nature.

gyarados@leftovers
Ev: 252 hp, 126 def , 126 spdef

Attacks
:dragon dance
:waterfall
:stone edge

gyarados is going to be my bulky sweeper and after two dragon dances will do a lot of damage. waterfall is for stab and earthquake and stone edge for the edgequake combo

snorlax@chesto berry
ability: thick fat
Ev: 188 hp, 104 def, 216 spdef

Attacks
:curse
:body slam
:rest

snorlax will be lucky game changer if i can switch into a special attack and set at least 2 curses it becomes a pain to defeat and with gyarados, salamence, ferrothorn and scizor drawing out special attacks it becomes incredibly easy to set up. With the 30% chance of paralysis and stab body slam is incredibly useful earthquake for coverage and rest is for recovery after curse.

No offensive but your team is too predictable better keep earthquake on sala or rhyper is gonna mess you up on snorlax would cause some WTF

eggman62

Ok ill keep earthquake on salamence cause I see what you mean about ryhperior any suggestions on how to combat this problem. By the way what did you mean about snorlax

Zachmac

salamence@life orb
nature timid or rash

Attacks

Salamence has good sp.att and speed, but if you want a dragon-type special attacker, you can try latios or latias. They both have better stats for that.
better keep earthquake on sala or rhyper
Rhyperior is rarely seen competitively and can't take a water attack.
scizor@life orb

Attacks

I would suggest brick break as the second move for coverage, or pursuit so you can trap enemy gengar and alakazam who would swap out because of bullet punch. Or, you could try a choice band with BulletPunch/U-turn/BrickBreak/Bug Bite or Aerial ace.

Last edited: