• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

M18: ORAS Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
Today a member of Nintendo Pokemon Communication Group (Malaysia) was lucky enough to get invited to the pre-screening of Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction . Before the movie started the E3 trailer of ORAS was show to the participants and they also managed to download the Diancie event. The member of the communication group reported that after the movie ended a 2015 movie trailer related to ORAS was play to the audience present in the theater.

Source

10527483_10152631238861929_3771032163160547379_n.jpg

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So someone was fortunate enough to see the next movie's teaser trailer, but could only give us vague info? Alas. If the movie is meant to be OR/AS centric, then it'll probably be a reductive version of AG097 and AG098 imo.

diakyu

I think a movie involving Groudon, Kyogre, and....
Volcanion seems like a good idea. He shares a type with both Kyogre and Primal Groudon.

Also, do I even need to spoil the event mons?

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
TBH, I'm considering this a teaser trailer since the second movie of each saga it's always the third legendary of the trio and second event pokemon. It should be Zygarde and Hoopa with both obtaining new forms. But I won't mind if they break this tradition and do a Primal Groudon vs. Primal Kyogre vs. Primal Rayquaza with a Hoopa short

There's always that possibility that the teaser trailer won't have anything to do with the actual movie itself. ;w;
Still hurt by the Ho Oh vs Lugia trailer for M13

But it still sounds exciting nonetheless. : D

Janovy

Banned
This will either feature Zygarde or Volcanion.

Zygarde would even make sense, given it being the 'protector of environment' kind of Pokemon.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Oh, I hope that this is true. I LOVE the gen III legendaries, so them having a movir dedicated to them would be fantastic.

Although, isn't it too early to know about M18? Have we ever had a teaser this early before?

Janovy

Banned
Although, isn't it too early to know about M18? Have we ever had a teaser this early before?
Generally, at the end of each movie that airs in Japan there is a short teaser for the next movie.

However, the teaser at the end of Arceus movie depicted Ho-oh VS Lugia for M13 and yet none of them never appeared on the big screen. Instead, the movie featured Celebi, the Sacred Beasts from Johto and Zoroark/Zorua. So it was gen 2 heavy, but no Ho-oh or Lugia.

I'm guessing this movie will be gen 3 heavy.

Kein

AKA Silktree
I'm pretty sure that the real stars will be Zygarde and either Hoopa or Volcanion (certainly one of the latter two). If the Hoenn mascots appear at all, they will have minor roles just as they did in the AG movies. The teaser doesn't even mean that they will appear in the movie, considering the Movie 13 teaser and the first Movie 17 poster (only Mega Absol and Scizor will appear in the movie).

They're promoting ORAS right now, but by next year? Not nearly as much.

Janovy

Banned
I'm pretty sure that the real stars will be Zygarde and either Hoopa or Volcanion (certainly one of the latter two). If the Hoenn legendaries appear at all, they will have minor roles just as they did in the AG movies. The teaser doesn't even mean that they will appear in the movie, considering the Movie 13 teaser and the first Movie 17 poster (only Mega Absol and Scizor will appear in the movie).
The M17 poster didn't really indicate all of those Pokémon would appear in the movie anyway.

Did anyone seriously expect both Mewtwos in this movie?

Last edited:

Kein

AKA Silktree
The M17 poster didn't really indicate all of those Pokémon would appear in the movie anyway.

Did anyone seriously expect both Mewtwos in this movie?
And this teaser doesn't indicate much, either. The poster didn't come with a disclaimer that only two of the Mega Evolutions would actually appear in the movie and have minor roles.

Janovy

Banned
And this teaser doesn't indicate much, either. The poster didn't come with a disclaimer that only two of the Mega Evolutions would actually appear in the movie.
Yes, because a disclaimer was really needed.

Common sense tells you can't have two Mewtwos or one Mewtwo in a movie that has nothing to do with them, AT ALL. Especially since the previous movie already dealt with Mewtwo and its Mega Evolution, so what purpose would Mewtwo have here?

The poster was only indicative of the presence of Mega Evolutions in the movie.

It was nowhere stated that all of them would be present in the movie. (Mostly because it didn't need to be stated; it was obvious from the start)

Kein

AKA Silktree
It was nowhere stated that all of them would be present in the movie. (Mostly because it didn't need to be stated; it was obvious from the start)
I'm saying that the poster has almost nothing to do with the movie. They said that the movie would "Mega Evolve", but that's a random statement. They also advertised the Mega Mewtwo in relation to the first Mega Evolution special, but they just made cameo appearances. I don't think there is anything unreasonable about expecting Mega Mewtwo X to debut.

I am not sure what you're getting at, anyway. The bottom line is that early promotional material should be taken with a grain of salt, regardless of whether or not it is obvious.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I am not sure what you're getting at, anyway. The bottom line is that early promotional material should be taken with a grain salt, regardless of whether or not it is obvious.
I'm just saying using the primary poster for M17 is a poor example. They had just revealed the first information and they had to give us something. Personally, the very presence of two Mewtwos was a confirmation not all Pokémon would appear.

Anyway, I agree with you. But I'd actually like to see animated Primal Kyogre/Groudon.

Status
Not open for further replies.