1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Mach Bike or Acro Bike?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Sep 11, 2019 at 7:13 AM.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Active Member

In the Hoenn games you could choose between using the Mach Bike or the Acro Bike and you could even switch between them by visiting the bike shop in Mauville City.. Which of the two bikes did you prefer?

I always used the Mach Bike because even though it was hard to steer it, I liked going fast and preferred the speed of that bike over the slower Acro Bike.

Lunalah and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

Mach bike, hands down. Had more fun using it and it was more practical.

Leonhart likes this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

The Mach Bike was just more convenient overall, so I almost always used it in R/S/E except when I had to access certain parts of the region via the Acro Bike, but I'd always switch back to the Mach Bike right afterwards.

RedBlastoise and Lunalah like this.
  4. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

The Mach one, it is just amazing for hatching Eggs, and I liked the obstacles requiring it better than the Acro bike ones.

Lunalah likes this.
  5. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Mach Bike was just better overall, except maybe for the fact that having to move fast across crumbling floors like at the Sky Pillar on the Mach Bike was annoying.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  6. Dicklaycia

Dicklaycia Objectively Better Than You

I liked the Mach Bike significantly better than the Acro Bike because when I would pull out the Bike, my intent would be to move more quickly, so the Mach Bike does what I would like even faster. Plus, I found that there were more instances when playing through the games where a Mach Bike would be handy compared to the Acro Bike.

RedBlastoise likes this.