• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Machoke, Machoke Man! (211)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Machoke, Machoke Man!

Heading to Cianwood City with Jenina, Ash gets the medicine for Jasmine's Ampharos. However while on the island, Ash decides to battle the Cianwood Gym Leader, Chuck, in a battle. Does Ash stand a chance of beating him for the badge?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

Now this Gym Battle was full tension, especially between Poliwrath and Bayleef. I can't believe that Pikachu lost to Poliwrath!
Ash did have a very good strategy for this battle though and Bayleef's Vine Whip was used in a very good way.

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
i love this one...since Bayleef did a good job...as Bayleef is my fava Johto Pokemon that Ash has...

Bayleef, had done alot of work...and Ash won the badge becuz of Bayleef...always Ash earns a badge cuz of one MAIN POKEMON...

i didn't like how Poliwrath looked...Machoke...was good...

S

Shiny May

I thought it was a good battle yes and Bayleef training his body slam on Ash was also nice but the Poliwrath vs. Pikachu battle was really fast and Pikachu didn't even win. Bayleef is the real winner in this episode.

Chris

Old Coot
Unfortunately, I missed this episode considering I stopped watching Johto for a while due to the massive amount of fillers putting me off. x_X From what I heard, it was a good battle. Too bad the title was so horribly done (Machoke Machoke Man is a pun off of the song "Macho Man" x_x).

Kasumi

Boulder Trainer
It is last Episod which is avalaible in TV in my country- Poland. My dream is to see the next episodes!!!

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
Jees, Pikachu canNOT beat a Poliwrath to save his life. o_O

Anyway, the the battle was pretty good. Bayleef kicked some major butt (guess mainly cause the writers weren't planning to use her in any more gym battles) and Chuck was a very funny character. I also like how Team Rocket didn't interfere with the good guys at all and had a nice blasting-off free day.

I give it a 9/10

V

vulpix

yeah,your right Poliwirl is half water type you would suspect that Pikachu would win.Anyway i just love the tittle.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This was one of my favorite gym battles. Bayleef is an awesome fighter in this episode, and I'm glad she really came through for Ash after Pikachu went down after such a short time. I also really liked Chuck and his wife, who were definitely a couple of characters. :D It's always nice to see a character who's a little different from the norm. I also liked how Team Rocket got to go a whole episode without having anything bad happen to them, and got to have a good meal. :D I liked the part when the trio were eating and Wobbuffet stole the pan from them. LOL

PumpedAaron

Bodybuilder Trainer
Heh I loved this episode
Machoke was the total muscle bomb

And Chuck was a Big eater... LOL

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
That's a good battle, Chuck vs. Ash. That's the funniest dub title ever because it reminds me of singing "Macho, Macho Man.........." Well, back to the battle, I love the pull of Bayleef's Vine Whip and a stroke of luck for Ash. How lucky Ash won the battle.

Battra

A very good gym battle episode Ash and his team really put their all into it. Bayleef is the real star in this episode she really came through for Ash beating Chuck's Poliwrath & Machoke. I'm glad TR didn't interfere in this episode it made the gym battle much more enjoyable. All in all a very good episode to end Johto League Champions arc on.

C'takeru

I remember seeing this when I was a really small child. Chuck was really funny and I loved his fighting style. Ash had a pretty good strategy.

defno

This episode wasn't bad at all. Polwhirl was a good surprise but it was a shame that the fight was so short.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
See, now, when I played the game, I battled Jasmine first, then Chuck (which explained why he was at a lower level than her... ^^")

It was quite a short Gym battle, though (but I could mention a couple of others that were shorter). All in all a forgettable episode, really.