• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Machoke, Machoke Man! (211)

Littlemyuu

It was a good episode, i never liked this gym leader but it was ok

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought this episode was good. Stupid Pikachu couldn't even beat Poliwrath though. :/ I liked the entire training sequences that Chuck and Machoke went through. I am very glad Bayleef was able to win the badge for Ash. I noticed that after Pikachu lost to Poliwrath, Ash said that Bayleef was his only pokemonleft that is strong against Poliwrath. Actually he could have used Bulbasaur or Noctowl (which would have been strong against Machoke also). However, the writers seem to hate Noctowl for some reason.

Adam_stm

Pikachu probably lost in the episode so Bayleef can be shown off beat both Poliwrath and Machoke since it has recently evolved.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great gym battle. Bayleef was awesome.

i loved to see a Poliwrath, too bad that Pikachu lost to it (again)

i don't think that Machoke is so powerfull. it was strong, but not amazing.

8/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Good episode, but only because the Leader was introduced in the same episode and not in a different one like now-a-days.

Loved that Ash's Bayleef shinied in this episode against Chuck's Pokemon.

This marks the beginning of the Whirl Islands saga. 5/10

Wow I really liked this episode! Bayleef really did good in this episode..
Chuck is one of the few gym leaders that I really liked. And I love his pokemon
8/10

Sayho1234

Lol, @ the dub title :p.

But I love this episode with Bayleef proving just what a powerhouse she was for Ash's Johto team.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was very cool! Bayleef was very strong in this episode, especially when she defeated the Machoke for Ash to win the badge. Seeing Pikachu lose to Poliwrath drove me nuts though...

70/100

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was nice. Bayleef was good in this episode. Cool to see Poliwrath again aswell as Machoke good to see Ash win his 5th gym badge.

9/10

ColyTom

I thought this episode was good. Stupid Pikachu couldn't even beat Poliwrath though. :/ I liked the entire training sequences that Chuck and Machoke went through. I am very glad Bayleef was able to win the badge for Ash. I noticed that after Pikachu lost to Poliwrath, Ash said that Bayleef was his only pokemonleft that is strong against Poliwrath. Actually he could have used Bulbasaur or Noctowl (which would have been strong against Machoke also). However, the writers seem to hate Noctowl for some reason.

Haha, it is so true about the writers hating Noctowl!

It was a good episode tohugh, roll on the next season!

Gengar!!!

What is the name of the song that plays right as Bayleef begins to "turn things around" and throw Machoke? It plays in A LOT of the episodes but i can't find the name of it to save my life D:
Any help finding it would be greatly appreciated.

7threst

Well, for a season that was dominated by filler after filler, I think they ended it quite well with this epic gym battle against Chuck. Its good to see that from this point onward, the writers decided to spend more than just one episode to a gym leader. Chuck was hilarious as trainer and gym leader and I love fighting type Pokémon. Probably one of those underrated gym battles from the original series.

Blessed

A very good gym battle episode, I liked the entire training sequences that Chuck and Machoke went through. Chuck was really funny, It was cute when his wife called him flabby lol. Bayleef is the real star in this episode since she really came through for Ash by defeating Chuck's Poliwrath & Machoke. I'm glad TR didn't interfere in this episode, it made the gym battle much more enjoyable. I also liked how they didn't blast off like they always do. All in all, a very good episode to end Johto League Champions. This marks the beginning of the Whirl Islands saga.

Literally training with your Pokemon is interesting. It was funny when Chuck made the gang march to the Gym. What I didn't like was when Ash didn't listen to Brock or Misty. I sometimes wish that he would listen to them. Adding to that, I wish Chuck didn't lose so easily either.

*~Silver*~

Chuck's training method was odd. You think having the Machoke use submission on you would hurt a little. That gym leader was just proud, and I was like. "No pain, on your part?" xD

Zamin

Great episode, that gym battle was so intense and Team Rocket were pretty funny in this ep! Kinda pointless having that little girl at the start though

zhixun

Awesome gym battle and great episode indeed. Bayleaf has shown a great development as she took out Goriky. It was better than Pikachu to finish off in my opinion. I have to say Rocket act pretty funny in this episode as they helped to wash the dishes. Sonans must have a big stomach because he ate the whole bowl of food I guess.

This gym battle was okay. Not absolutely awesome, but not horrible either.
On to the next season! :)