• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Madame Belladonna’s School for Maliciously Gifted Children (RP Thread, PG-13)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
@Everyone, especially Omegagoldfish, listen up!

This is villain school and your characters get to fight dirty, however, you need to RP fairly! To this point, I'm basically voiding 75% of this last post (Omegagoldfish's):
- Tangeh retains full control of Levi (as does everyone with their own chars), and anything Omegagoldfish had him do in this last post is void.
- There is no 'wall of fire'. Omegagoldfish, while your char has flamethrower and can start fires, and maybe even launch fireball, creating a 'wall of fire' in one post is completely unrealistic, especially since your character rejects elemental magic. You're OPed enough as it is.
- Also, as for Alek hacking into the intercom, I find that rather disrespectful to my character, to assume she made headmistress as a mechanical genius without thinking to use better security? No Omegagoldfish, you should have asked me if you wanted do that.

Vern

Why not both?
Fenris Arkwright
Battlefield
Saturday; 09:07

Before Fenris could think of something else to say, his good friend Alek the world-destroying manic robot comes striding towards them, immediately destroying the safety of their temporary hiding spot. There are very few people who’d be able to ignore that giant chrome-plated monstrosity. So much for biding his time and hiding until everyone finished killing each other. Seeing the robot approach, Edward stopped speaking.

"Again, I apologize for the intrusion.” Alek says, coming to a stop besides them, "But you do not look like you're combat ready. I need time to repair, so please keep an eye out.”

Edward acknowledges this, then turns back to Fenris. "Do you need a weapon?” The mechanic asks, "I don't want anyone else getting hurt.” He holds out the bloodstained metal spike in his hands, offering it. There’s something almost pleading in the boy’s eyes, as if he desperately wants everyone to just go back to being friends and stop stabbing each other to death.

Why is he even here? Someone with that sort of temperament shouldn’t be in a school like this.

Sighing, Fenris shakes his head and pushes the spike away. “It’s all right, you keep it.” He says, maintaining his reassuring smile, “Even if I did get into a fight, it’d be more of a burden than anything - these spindly arms of mine can’t carry much more than a few potions. Besides, you seem like you know how to use it - not everyone can take down ol’ Zombie here like that.”

Letting out a sigh, he sits down on the ground and overclocks his senses, forcing his body to take in and process every single minute shift in his surroundings. In their current state, the three of them would be ripe for ambush, so it’d be good to be on the lookout. Forcing all these stress-inducing hormones around his body and deliberately stimulating an intense fight or flight response isn’t exactly good for him, but it’s nothing that a few potions and some rest can’t fix.

And there it is - the soft sound of feet on the floor, the softer sound of wind whipping past a rapidly moving figure.

“Incoming!” He yells, attempting to jump to the side in order to dodge any incoming attack. As he does, he smashes a vial onto the ground, kicking up a small cloud of fine purple dust. It’s one of his most prized concoctions - an all-purpose defence potion. The dust would dull the effectiveness of magical attacks, lower visibility for ranged combatants, and cling to the skin of anyone who relies on stealth. But most importantly, it's flammable.

Acting as fast as he can, he pushes Edward to the side, and snaps his fingers, bringing a small flame into life within the palm of his hand. The dust immediately bursts into flame around him, hopefully deterring any attacker who’d attempt to close in.

However, he isn’t fast enough. Under normal circumstances with his body functioning at maximum capacity, he might have been able to barely avoid the attack, but right now, he’s sleep-deprived, tired, and what’s more, forcibly sustaining that temporary ‘kick’ would be incredibly hazardous to his health. Before he can react, he feels a pair of fangs sinking into the back of his exposed neck. The impact of the incoming attacker sends him staggering off balance, falling hard onto the ground on his left shoulder. Immediately, he feels his breathing go ragged and uneven, and the world seems to blur around him - some sort of toxin?

Grimacing in pain, he scatters a few spears of flame in the general direction he expects the attacker to be, then curls into a defensive position. He may be a manipulative ******* in every sense of the word, but he isn’t stupid - in a situation like this, trying to fight would be suicidal at worst and a very bad idea at best. Better to let those who are actually suited to it do the fighting, and just focus on trying not to die.

Using his left arm, he searches around in his pocket and takes a sip from a large bottle, containing a half-depleted supply of an antitoxin of sorts, designed to slow the spread of poisons until they could be dealt with properly. The attacker must have been going too fast to stop themselves from running into the flame shield, and ended up passing through it instead. That means that they must have at least sustained light burns, and that would make it disadvantageous for them to continue fighting, especially with the force of nature that’s Alek sitting right there within punching distance.

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
Edward Prior
09:07
Battlefield

Looking desperately at Fenris, Edward waited for a reply.
“It’s all right, you keep it.” Frowning, Edward nodded and pulled his arm back, confused but accepting. It wasn't Edward's choice, after all. He gripped the shard tighter, feeling the jagged edges scratch his palm. Fenris kept smiling all the while, as he explained why he'd rather use his potions. When he said "not everyone can take down ol' Zombie", Edward visibly shuddered, but hoped that Fenris thought it was due to the still-bleeding gash in his side.

The new ally sat down, fatigued, and Edward sighed, examining the strange vial that his teammate had given him. Fenris seemed nice enough, and besides, they were on the same team. Edward took the top off the vial and sniffed it. It smelt sweet, but he thought it would taste bitter. With a deep breath, he raised the vial to his lips, already looking forward to the relief of pain in his side.

Suddenly, Fenris jumped up rapidly, accompanied by the smashing of glass and the apparent sound of an incoming stampede.
"Incoming!" Fenris yelled, pushing Edward to the side. The mechanic stumbled, tripping backwards and falling to his back, the vial flying from his hand and smashing on the ground.
"Damn..." Muttered Edward, the pain in his side suddenly ten times worse. When he looked up, he saw flames surrounding Fenris, and some sort of - bite? - on his neck.

Edward instantly felt highly endangered. He was vulnerable, and without Fenris' healing potion, weak. The mechanic knew better by now than to worry about Fenris' wellbeing; the guy had a potion for about anything. However, Edward should be worrying about himself. He had no idea what to expect. Raising to his knees, Edward took a deep breath and spread his arms out, hearing blood slap onto the floor beneath him. Then Edward released crackling branches of electricity from his fingers, curling around him and past Fenris, circling them both. An nearby target would be shocked.

Now all Edward had to do was hold the electricity. He felt himself going dizzy, but held on. He was protecting the two of them now, and he didn't care how much energy he lost. Anything to stop another death.

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
Alek Dyr
Something was wrong, Alek realized that. He could have sworn he reacted, but... No. Logic dictates he was busy, otherwise Edward and Fenris wouldn't be near incapacitated. Right. Correct. Alek started to scan, the area. Whatever hit Fenris wasn't seen, so... Yes. Infrared. Ultraviolet. A figure, the size of a small man, moving rather quickly. Alek thought, before reaching a conclusion. Save his allies first.

Fenris had downed some kind of potion, best leave him, but the other one, the one whose name eluded him. Ah, bloodstained shard of metal. Soaked coat, that made sense.

"Sorry, I never caught your name. As for your injury, I suggest you take off your pants. Don't look at me like that," Alek said, before continuing, "tie it around the wound, using the legs. See if you can find a needle and thread here soon. We're going to suture this shut. Then I will cauterize it."

Alek waited, and saw the figure still moving. Medicine was such an underappreciated thing in the pursuit of evil. The lance was almost ready, and he was figuring out the pattern this invisible creature made. Soon, Alek thought. Soon...

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
Edward Prior
09:07
Battlefield

The electricity buzzed around Edward as he shook, feeling weakness flow through him. He'd lost too much blood. That was evident, what with the substantial sized pool of crimson liquid beneath him, and the fact that darkness was creepy precariously into his vision.

He shook his head weakly, before calling out, his voice ripping his throat and coming out as a weak croak.
"Fenris... Watch out." Edward cut off the electric field in a second, instantly feeling the returning flow of energy. His body felt cold, and he shuddered again, taking a deep breath.

Looking around quickly, he saw the towering robot stood nearby. The robot, Alek, turned to him, addressing Edward in a formal and monotonous manner.
"Sorry, I never caught your name," He said. Edward frowned at him and muttered his name weakly.
"Edward. Pleasure to meet you."
"As for your injury," Alek continued "I suggest you take off your pants." Edward gave Alek a look that could kill, shadows filling his eyes.

"Don't look at me like that," Alek said, before continuing, "tie it around the wound, using the legs. See if you can find a needle and thread here soon. We're going to suture this shut. Then I will cauterize it."
Edward frowned for a moment, before realising that it was a relatively decent idea. Not that Edward wanted to admit.

"Terrible plan, really," He said, very matter-of-factly, before standing up and tossing his jacket off. "I'm not taking my bloody trousers off though." He reached down and grabbed his spike, before holding the blade against the sleeve of his shirt and cutting. After a few moments, he had sliced his shirt sleeves clean off, and held them out to Alec, his trench coat back on and covering his shivering bare arms.
"Much better idea than yours, genius."