• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Maddie Blaustein FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darato

(o,..,o)
[IMG200]http://www.comedysoapbox.com/img/comedians/4454.jpg[/IMG200]​

Maddie Blaustein (the old va of Meowth) is here to answer your questions. Before you ask a question check the link below to make sure it hasn’t been answered.

Q&A

L.F.D.

I have several questions :)

1.) How did it feel to work on the show again? I really thought it was so neat that you got to voice the Parot Pokemon after how much you showed your love for Jake!

2.) What's in the future for you with Pokemon now that obviously bridges have been repaired? Will we get to hear our favorite no good feline again?

3.) How did it feel to work with Rachel again on the show? Will Eric Stuart or Veronica Taylor make these cameo appearences that you and Rachel have made?

I REALLY hope that with all this - maybe just maybe their is a slight chance that for the fans they let you all dub a season...hell I'll even take an episode of Diamond / Pearl.

I was just really exicted to hear your voice again on the show Maddie!

I have several questions :)

1.) How did it feel to work on the show again? I really thought it was so neat that you got to voice the Parot Pokemon after how much you showed your love for Jake!

2.) What's in the future for you with Pokemon now that obviously bridges have been repaired? Will we get to hear our favorite no good feline again?

3.) How did it feel to work with Rachel again on the show? Will Eric Stuart or Veronica Taylor make these cameo appearences that you and Rachel have made?

I REALLY hope that with all this - maybe just maybe their is a slight chance that for the fans they let you all dub a season...hell I'll even take an episode of Diamond / Pearl.

I was just really exicted to hear your voice again on the show Maddie!

harryheart

Hi Maddie

I have 2 questions:

1. On Pokemon Chronicles did you enjoy having episodes centered around your character in 'THE BIG CITY'

2. What did you think when you found out your character was in love with a twerp Pokemon, Skitty

Thank you very much

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Hey Maddie,
I live 'across the pond' and dream of being a voice actor. I currently have a GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) in Drama, and am beginning an A-level course in Drama and Theatre Studies in a few days (Sorry, I don't know any US equivalents...) and I was wondering, what qualifications, if any, do employers look for, and is paying big money to get into a drama school really worth it?

Also, as I said before, I love in the United Kingdom, and I was wondering, what parts of America are best for voice acting? If I can, I would love to move to America to do voice acting, and do you have any tips or anything you could give me? One problem I have is trying to hide my British accent, and I'm sure at times you've had to hide your Brooklyn accent, how do you do that, and is it easy? I heard my accent could get me some priorities with some characters (like ones who are supposed to be british) but I don't want to be known for a resume of Butler characters xD

Also, could you try and pursuade whoever is in charge of overseas releases to release season 1 of Pokemon onto region 2 dvd? Also, how come the UK haven't recieved Pokemon Movie 7: Destiny Deoxys? (Cartoon Network even aired Lucario and the Mystery of Mew a few months ago).

Also, I remember you saying about autographs, to just send a self addressed envelope to 4kids...what's their international policy? I'd be willing to pay for return shipping, no matter how expensive it may be xD.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Ratatosk

Hey Maddie,

I posted in the previous thread and my post kinda got eaten up by all the new VA debate. I hope you don't mind if I ask again!

I have a few questions regarding Valkyrie Profile and other stuff.

1) It seems like half the voice actors in Valkyrie Profile are also in Pokemon. Was this because your brother was producer/translator and you had some say in who was cast, or for some other reason?

2) I was kind of upset to see that Lezard and Arngrim were not voiced by you in the second Valkyrie Profile game. Why is this? You did such a great job in the first game; Lezard's lines were always some of the best.

3) What are some of your favorite books besides Lord of the Rings?

Darato

(o,..,o)
Two questions for you my dear.

1: Out of all Ash’s, Brocks, Misty’s, May’s, Dawn’s and James Pokemon; who do you want to evolve?

2: Who would you chose you have on their teams? If you could also bring back all the ones they released over the years.

L.F.D.

HoennMaster

I know you probably don't look here often anymore, but what the heck.

Back when you first came here you stated that you wouldn't want to work with Pokémon USA and that you would stay with 4Kids, so if you didn't want to voice act with them, then why the change now that you voiced a character in the Mystery Dungeon special?

Araleon

Chill
Hi. Wow. I loved you as Meowth. I miss you as Meowth. The new ones good, just not the original we grew up with.

1) How did it feel to voice a Pokemon again, and one that could talk in the real anime too?

2) Is there any chance you would voice in the current anime again?

3) If Meowth were a Pokemon trainer, what Pokemon would you give him?

TakaNyasu

If it's a message to Maddie then this is the place, it wouldn't be off-topic.

I don't think Miss Blaustein would like it if I posted it here, not because its offensive, but because it has to do with matters that not even I would know about if it hadn't been for dumb luck. I only hope she doesn't completely hate me.

Elrade

Snarky snark snark.
Hey, Maddie.
Can you drop us a line if PUSA gets you to work on any more episodes? Also, PLEASE try and get them to let you, Eric Stuart, Rachael Lillis and Veronica to make a big return as Ash, Misty, May, James, Brock, Meowth, and Jessie. Pleeeease?

You're awesome, Maddie; Elrade.

TicoPokemonMaster

Hey Maddie I am glad that you have returned to dub the voice of Chatot and I hope that more roles will be opened for you in the future in pokemon.

my Question is if you were to be given the role of a gym leader in Sinnoh which would it be?

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Maddie hi! I love you as Meowth, I only have 1 question.

Who or what gave you the inspiration for Meowth's voice?

Colonel

Beginning Trainer
two small questions, 1 pokemon related and 1 non-pokemon related.

1. Will you ever voice meowth again in the anime?

2. Since you played Satorius in Yu-Gi-Oh GX Season 2, I was wondering there is any word about season 4. Currently, 4KIDS is airing Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's instead of GX season 4. And since Satorius returns in season 4, I would like to know if season 4 has been recorded already or that season 4 was completely canned.

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
Hey, Maddie, just wondering,

1: Was the infamous "Ice Cave" episode dubbed?

2: I read on Bulbapedia that you wrote the Dub script for "Fly Me To The Moon", so, is it hard to adapt a script from Japanese to fit the style of the English version?

Thanks for taking the time to read my questions.

Rex Kamex

Status
Not open for further replies.