• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Madworld Discussion

Viva la Vida

Shibuya player
Discuss my favorite hardcore upcoming Wii game

So, any1 excited like I a for this game? It looks like its really coming along.

martianman40

LIKE A BOSS!
Madworld? never heard of it. Is it a sequel/remake to another game or something?

EDIT: Never mind, I just looked it up. A dude with a chainsaw for an arm? WTH were the creaters thinking? Oh well, seems... Interesting, to say the least.

Last edited:

woot21

super noob
This thread is off to an awesome start.
Indeed.

Madworld is a game that is being produced by Sega for the Wii. The main character has a chainsaw for an arm and is on a TV game show, where the goal is to murder people in entertaining ways. The game is overly violent, akin to Itchy & Scratchy, and has drawn some flack for it.

The game looks very intriguing to me and looks to be worth a purchase. Will wait to judge further following playing it/seeing more of it. Despite the crush NP has on it (4 issues mention it in 6 months since it was announced).

woot21 out dawgs

CyberneticGlion

Pokemaniac10 revived
I've only seen a couple of screenshots and it looks pretty good.
Not really a fan of it's genre, so I can't tell whether I'll buy it or not, but it looks interesting, so I might give it a chance.

fhqwhgads

fhqwhgads

Which comment? I have heard a few people say that it might be hard to make things out because of the color scheme. It may not be a problem for everyone but some people may have difficulty seeing whats going on.
Black and white are high contrast. It'd be hard not to see the slightest movement.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I have to say what I've seen of this looks amazing, I'm especially loving the Sin City-esque graphic style. And the announcers.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
The black and white graphics look like tey will make it unessacarily hard to see things and the screenshots hurt my eyes. It looks like an okay game ruined by a bad idea.

Let me guess you are one of those people who won't see a black and white film just because it isn't in colour.

As for the game itself I have been keeping an eye on it and it is looking good so far. (well I wouldn't expect anything less from the people who were from Clover Studio who were responsible for Viewtiful Joe and Ōkami)

Zazie

So 1991
Let me guess you are one of those people who won't see a black and white film just because it isn't in colour.

As for the game itself I have been keeping an eye on it and it is looking good so far. (well I wouldn't expect anything less from the people who were from Clover Studio who were responsible for Viewtiful Joe and Ōkami)

No I do not mind a black and white films at all. The difference between black and white films and Madworld is that black and white films also have gray in them unlike Madworldm, which is black and white only(with a little bit of red). This causes the game to look a like an optical illusion puzzle and I find it very disoreintating and everting seems to blend together.

Viva la Vida

Shibuya player
My concern is that it looks like the enemies just stand there and take it. I hope there's at least some sort of challenge.

Meh, I 've seen videos and they don't seem to take it. They walk up to you and they are so efffing slow you just kill em. the osses look like they'll fight back though

kasmeargy

Meh, I 've seen videos and they don't seem to take it. They walk up to you and they are so efffing slow you just kill em. the osses look like they'll fight back though
I'd hope that a boss would fight back. Especially if the normal enemies don't attack much. That wouldn't be a very good design, honestly.

This causes the game to look a like an optical illusion puzzle and I find it very disoreintating and everting seems to blend together.

You're not the only one. This single fact is the reason the game fails to interest me. I feel like if I played it, I'd get confused as to what I was seeing. But moreso than that, the quick flashes of red would be more disorienting for me.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I love how the OP doesn't post anything on MadWorld to interest people who either don't know much about it or never heard of it at all.

Official Website- I think you can only go if your 17, so you might have to lie about your age if you aren't.

Watching the video, I thought it looked awesome. I might have to get it if it's any good, and I can even get it by myself when I turn 17.

Last edited: