• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Maestro Kinético's Fakemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
These last few...they don't seem like they're themed on anything. Also, as unhappy as you are with the 4th generation, their design has one thing yours doesn't: soul. All Pokémon designed have been able to exhibit a wide variety of emotions. These guys, by comparison, look empty and plastic. Honestly, even the circles and squares that make up the characters in Super Paper Mario can show emotions at least ten times better than these guys.

Maestro Kinético

New Pokémon. Tiptug. I will change that name, I hate it.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7666/tiptuguv8.jpg

All Pokémon designed have been able to exhibit a wide variety of emotions. These guys, by comparison, look empty and plastic.

I am very bad at poses and emotion, I'll take a break of making the arte and will draw them in anime style doing different things. I love anime style.

TeddiUrsa

New Pokémon. Tiptug. I will change that name, I hate it.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7666/tiptuguv8.jpg

I am very bad at poses and emotion, I'll take a break of making the arte and will draw them in anime style doing different things. I love anime style.

Yes, that would be better. I´m looking forward to it.

btw, how long will you wait until you will reveal the "gamefreak-send" pokemon? Are you waiting for an answer from japan or until the next gen is revealed with all its pokemon to see if your pokemon are in it? ^^;
This can take forever ^^;

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

The problem with this is that you're relying too much on regular geometric shapes and posturing most of them with perfectly straight lines or right angles, which look unnatural. (In contrast, if you want to know, characters in SPM are made mostly of scalene shapes that often reflect what the characters are like.) If you find that you've been drawing something for a long time, and you find that you're still not quite satisfied, the best way (at least to me) is to go back to the source material and start tracing or copying. That'll help you figure out the little subtle things you're not doing right that bring the whole pieces down.

Managar

btw, how long will you wait until you will reveal the "gamefreak-send" pokemon? Are you waiting for an answer from japan or until the next gen is revealed with all its pokemon to see if your pokemon are in it? ^^;
This can take forever ^^;

Lol, you're dreaming Ozzy. Even if these designs were worthy of putting into a Pokemon game, Gamefreak still wouldn't accept them, want to know why?

Anyway, now on the work presented here. When I saw Tiptug in your signature i was impressed that someone around here is actually taking Pokemon designing seriously. When I saw more designs, i was disappointed - not because of the ideas, but because of the designs. Keep refining them because I know you can do them justice. Just practice and practice, you'll get the hang of it eventually! ;)

Yummi

Wow... this is sad. I had to make an account here just to say this:
Normally, I would just say your designs are good and give you encouragement to keep practicing, but you seem to be getting the wrong idea. Too many people are giving you way too much false hope. These are not good. Your shading/coloring skills are pretty fair, but your drawing and designs are sub-par to say the least. These will never be considered for real pokemon even if for some reason GF disregarded all the legal crap preventing them from doing so. I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to put you back on the right track. These aren't fantastic nor are they anywhere near the design of current pokemon. I wasn't happy with the 4th gen pokemon either, but they're still better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.