• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Magic? (M:TG)

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
Wondering if anyone's still here. Since there seems to be a total of zero threads. Just curious if YGO ended up dominating completely.

zeppelin

echospace obsessive
Yugioh isn't totally dominating, we still see thread titles with YGO to tell them apart.

Oh, and i don't play MTG.

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
Yugioh isn't totally dominating, we still see thread titles with YGO to tell them apart.

Oh, and i don't play MTG.

Except half the threads of YGO seem to bypass this, either since it's so obvious or there's no other alternative. I really see a total of 1 MTG thread, and that thing's OLD...

chaoslord

Not...Pigeons....
Hey guys, whats goin on in this card log?

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+

chaoslord

Not...Pigeons....
Okay.

So, Lowryn is two 2-set blocks. Discuss.

Triforceelf

The Emperor Protects
Meh. Really could care less about the new blocks. Time spiral and Futureshift or whatever were ok and seemed to be back to the old style of magic, but these new cards look really funny to me. And damn it, they brought those annoying slivers back! It was bad enough when they brought them back in legions!

Mikami

Man with Many Faces

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
Slivers are back? That's enough to get me crazy about the game again, any info on them?

You can do some variant of BDW with them, in which they prove fairly strong, due to the power of multiple Sinew (Timeshifted Muscle) and the ability to have an "almost Isamaru" with turn 1 Sidewinder into turn 2 Sinew. BDW is dead already and soon to be made even more so, so that's not entirely relevant. Some tried to make a UWR deck (Bladestorm) with them which is fairly successful, at least significantly better than most of the tier 2 rogue decks. The main problem with it is the relatively small burn range, which keeps it from being a serious contender.

They're also amazing in block, with a strong aggro build which has both utility, speed, and some of the best synergy in the format. They also happen to be what I believe is second cheapest deck, ranking slightly lower than RDW. You also get to humiliate your opponent by killing him with poison. :p

That's fairly it. Not a whole lot for casual, since a lot of the Slivers were aggressively and competitively designed, but... You have a Poison Sliver and Muscle Slivers 5-8, so 5 color pile slivers wasn't completely ignored...

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
i don't think magics been quite the same since Mirrodin came out

Dude, Mirrodon's been over for years. Clamp got banned, Affinity rotated out of T2, and go banned there for the remainder of it as well, sucks in Legacy and is passable in extended, though annoying to pilot around both Ancient Grudge AND Shattering Spree, and around the newer Hurkyll's Recall and Shatterstorm from 10th. No real need to bring up Vintage. A few cards are still making echoes (Chalice of the Void, for one...), but that usually happens with every set. Mirrodon no longer matters, almost at all. There's a reason the booster boxes are so cheap nowadays.

kalkris

...Innuendo!
wow, i am amazed that my absence has made Magic almost extinct on the thread, except for a few rebels lol

Fight the power!
~Lil Kalki who hates YGO