• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Magikarp Jump discussion & help thread

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Magikarp Jump is a super simple game anyone can play (the iOS description literally says that). For more details, you can check out Serebii's page:
http://www.serebii.net/magikarpjump/

For those of you already playing:
- How high are you trainer and current magikarp?
- How many magikarp have you raised?
- Have you beat the league, unlocked all the achievements, or caught all the colors and styles of magikarp?
- What's your favorite magikarp style and color?
- Gold magikarp is numbered 99, but only 19 are available, so what addition colors and patterns do you think might pop up later on?

Rules:
- Please keep discussion in this thread on Magikarp Jump.
- Usual SPPF rules apply, don't SPAM, harass others, or discuss cheating.
- If you ask for help or clarification on something, please be patient w/ others. Not everybody knows everything yet.

___

At the time of writing this, I'm only lvl 5 and on my fourth magickarp, a orange and white calico/koi. My second and third were koi too, with the third being black, orange, and white, and the second getting eaten before it registered. I really like the Koi patterns, but the Skelly and Purple ones look super cute too!

MayTrainer

Demon Buster Trainee

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
What are the chances of finding a gold karp?
Is it a set find once you reach Lv.10 or something?
Seems like everyone is finding them easily. Including me.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I reached rank 20 today and still have yet to find a gold magikarp.

I've earned the Friend, Quick, and Heavy medals
I've had only 8 different patterns so far
I'm on generation 16 at the moment
I've added Pikachu, Piplup and Rowlet as visitors to my pond so far

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Lord Fighting:
I'm not entirely sure, but in game it says everything you're able to catch at this point has at least a 1% chance, so odds of getting a gold karp are 1:100 or better. Those are good odds compared to the main games.

I'm at rank 16 now, gen 9 I think, no gold or skelly karps yet, working on Heavy League.
Pikachu, Piplup, and Slowpoke are my visitors.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Just downloaded the game the other day, and right now, I'm rank 19, and I'm using my 15th gen Magikarp. I haven't found a gold Magikarp yet. Things are good so far, but I have to admit that it takes a lot of patience to keep moving in the game. Overall, good game.

monkeyman192

simply bored
Quite enjoying this game.
I noticed that on the main page that it was noted that the update fixed a bug relating to end game stuff.
The update also fixed a bug where if you had a magikarp that gave a bonus to coins, it actually gives the correct number. Before the update some coin rewards (league I think, can't quite remember) would have the amount as the expected amount multiplied by the multiplier, but the amount you actually got didn't get this multiplier. With the new update all coin rewards are given correctly :)

also, currently at rank 32 and getting close to beat the current league

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I beat the heavy league with a score of 40.00. My opponent for that battle had a score of 39.99 lol. I feel so lucky considering had I lost I would have had to redo the league with a new karp.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Interesting. Given that Gold is #99, I do suspect we'll be getting more karp patterns, though it feels like they'll need to do something more then new patterns to keep the game playable eventually.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
I'm at max level, all leagues done, and a total of 5 golds within 71 Magikarp so far. So I'd bet it is more than 1% chance to get one for those wondering.

One thing that bothers me with this game is how useless investing into the Training Regiments are. Like you progress so much faster if you simply invest in the Berries and ignore the Training Regiments completely.

Also, the game also spawns the least powerful berry the most frequently, so if you constantly invest into whatever berry gives the least JP, you'll get much better results than spending a ton into one specific but stronger berry that you'll rarely see.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
There's a new update available for Jump; new league, friendship items, and decorations. The promo image also features the tiger stripe Magikarp, so I assume those are part of the update as well.

petro_f1

I have a question. If you update to v1.1, upgrade your maximum level or do anything that isn't on previous versions, and then you go back to v1.0.1 to farm diamonds, if you come back later to v.1.1, you lose what you get the first time you updated to the last version? You don't lose anything? Or you can't even go back to v1.0.1?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I have a question. If you update to v1.1, upgrade your maximum level or do anything that isn't on previous versions, and then you go back to v1.0.1 to farm diamonds, if you come back later to v.1.1, you lose what you get the first time you updated to the last version? You don't lose anything? Or you can't even go back to v1.0.1?

You probably can't do that. Once you update the game, even if you have the old version on another device, the game file will probably contain data that isn't compatible. I'd imagine they purposely tag files by version.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
What does the shiny corsola during the manaphy event mean?
Is it just like more food dropped?

Dreadhorn

I ran into something today. I don't know how many diamonds people have saved up and such, but I currently have Charizard, Meowth, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Slowpoke, Popplio, and Piplup. My water pokemon keep swapping out which is friggin annoying. Not sure if its a glitch or not. I had to use piplup's skill just to get it to swap out for popplio. Now they seem to all swap around so that there are only 2 displayed in the pond at a time. Is that normal?
As for the karp colors, I finally made it to Purple karps lol. They should put all these karps in the next game =p.

I also saw the shiny corsola once now that you mention it. But its been so long I can't remember if it did anything besides more food now its been so long.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Dreadhorn; that sounds annoying. I don't have all the water ones yet, so I don't know if happens all the time. I assume you're scrolling around the pond, so. . . are you playing with an Android device? Jump is supposed to be kind of glitchy on those.

Dreadhorn

Yeahhh I'm on an android. And yes, I'm zoomed completely out. I like to be able to see the whole pond so I can grab berries better =p. I submitted it to their support. I bought the ones I thought would make me the most money first. Charizard first, since it gives a rare item every 12 hours. Sometimes that means getting a mountain of coins which is nice. Popplio gives bags of coins too. Gotta level up my food and training! Popplio can also give diamonds which is nice. And slowpoke regenerates one pokemon's ability. By the description I thought it did a mass skill recovery but apparently its only one pokemon at a time it recovers. Gonna see if it can be routed. If all my others skills are refreshed I hope I can get it to target charizard specifically =p

I got my response:
"Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support! There are a maximum amount of Support Pokemon that can be displayed on the screen at once. The display is randomly chosen, however, the game does prioritize Pokemon that have skills that are ready to use. Since some timers are shorter than others, it may feel like you always have the same Pokemon displayed. "

So there's the answer on that!

Also, I found out that yes, I was able to direct slowpoke's skill at charizard as long as all the others had their skill refreshed, and charizards was the only one used. Nice! Popplio gave me a ton of coins yesterday too which was also fantastic =X.

Last edited by a moderator: