• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Magma or Aqua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Of the two evil teams in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald which team did you like the most, Team Magma or Team Aqua? What influenced your decision to like one over the other?

I liked Team Aqua the most because their goal was more extreme and that helped me take them more seriously as a threat.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I prefer the Aqua-dan (Team Aqua) as well, but mostly because I thought that their outfits resembled pirate clothing, which I liked. The Magma-dan (Team Magma) was much more practical than them, however.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Probably Aqua. I especially liked Archie's role in the Adventures manga and how they may have referenced it in the remakes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
shoz999 said:
Probably Aqua. I especially liked Archie's role in the Adventures manga and how they may have referenced it in the remakes.

I might have missed that reference since I barely remember the updated plot of the remakes. But I will say that although a lot of people liked the redesigns of the Magma-dan and Aqua-dan leaders and admins, I personally thought that they looked awful: in particular I prefer the original R/S/E Aogiri (Archie) design over the buff and tanned version in OR/AS.

Lucrei

I originally played Ruby, so I've always had a soft spot for Magma.

Conversely to what RedBlastoise said, I find Aqua's goal to be somewhat ridiculous, while Magma's at least makes sense from an overpopulation perspective.

Their encounter music is much better too in my opinion.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I like Magma as a team more because red is my favorite color and I’m not a fan of big bodies of water. I like Archie, Matt, Shelly, & the Grunts both in character design and personality more though

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Was anyone else confused about admin Tabitha's gender? I always thought Tabitha was a girl's name so I thought he was a girl until I saw him in the cartoon and RS remakes.
I was confused too. There are several names associated to females that apparently were originally suitable for both genders. Ashley is one example. I’ve seen Courtney as a male name and Paige was also originally a boy’s name.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedBlastoise said:
Was anyone else confused about admin Tabitha's gender? I always thought Tabitha was a girl's name so I thought he was a girl until I saw him in the cartoon and RS remakes.

I was also confused at the time because I didn't know his Japanese name, and I also thought that his English name was more commonly associated with girls. I disliked his OR/AS redesign though, and I feel that way about all the Aqua-dan and Magma-dan members too, including the grunts.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
Liked Team Magma because they were doing things for the benefit of land dwelling Pokemon which would have been good for humans as well. Team Aqua was just all kinds of crazy and they were the most dangerous team out of the two.

In a way I thought that the Aqua-dan's borderline insane plan was what made them so unique, to me at least. They seemed to care more about Pokemon than humans, which made them somewhat different from other villainous teams at the time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sakuyamon said:
Team Magma was the better of the two teams and I liked that in Emerald both Team Magma & Aqua were the bad guys because it meant twice the fun in taking them down.

I loved that Emerald version gave us both villainous teams as our enemies, unlike in Ruby/Sapphire where the opposite villainous team was made to seem harmless.

DuskAstral

I prefer Team Magma the most. They have a great design and an interesting purpose.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Please don't bump threads that are over 60 days old. Exceptions being pinned threads, fan art, fan fiction. Read the rules in each section just to be sure. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.