• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Magmar or Electabuzz?

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
I'd evolve both anyway and Magmortar is really, really fugly and I'm a shallow prick.

You do the math.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Both are among the ugliest Pokémon ever made, in my opinion, but I choose Electabuzz since it can evolve to Electivire who is a somewhat nice-looking Pokémon. Plus, Electric-type > Fire-type.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
These two are ugly, I would never travel in a game with one of them on my team, sorry. Even Garbodor is better.

I like Magmar more on every front. Magby is precious, Magmar is cool, and Magmorter is interesting.

The Electabuzz line has always been that group of Pokemon that I could never muster up any strong feelings for or against. I just don't find them that interesting.

TanBun

I'm back :3
If i really have to choose one, Electabuzz.
Magmar/magmortar look idiot
They have some pretty good moves though

Cheez Puf

Just lurking.
Looks-wise, I pick Magmar. Why? Because forehead butt. As far as using, I like Electabuzz more, mostly because I always picked the version he was in.

Colt45

Cobalt
I can't believe I haven't commented on this thread yet! Anyways, I certainly prefer Electabuzz to Magmar, seeing as the Elekid line is likely my favorite evolutionary line of all time! However, I still like the Magby line alot as well.

Outburstz

Magmar because Charizard vs Magmar is one of the best battles of all time.