• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Magnadragon ou team!

For a while I was using teams of predominantly UU mons and had mediocre luck hovering around 1100 on PO servers and 1000 on smogon. Not bad but not good by a long shot. So on a long day of trawling on the Po boards I heard about a team revolving around magnezone and dragons. Thus this was created. It started with 4 dragons and 2 others but It soon dropped to the reverse. So here's my best team so far in my short pokemon career. Team MagnaDragon!

blissey_by_SailorClef.jpg

Blissey @leftovers
Calm
Natural Cure
252 hp 252 sp def 4 def

-Wish
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic
-Heal Bell

This guy is the most recent addition to my team. I found that burns just ruined Haxorus and Terrakion and so I need a status fixer upper and I also had trouble against various CM/ Nasty plot guys so I needed this guy to just soak all that sh*t up.

Magnezone_Vector_by_TheIronForce.jpg

Magnezone @ leftovers
Timid
MAGNET PULL
252 spd 252 sp atk 4hp

-Charge Beam
-Sub
-Protect
-Hidden Power: FIRE

He switches in onto most steels that cant OHKO him or do too much damage and decided to either sub up and charge beam up into a higher Sp. Atk or Hp fire them out if he cant stall them. He also stalls out guy after Blissey toxics them or is easy fodder. His main purpose is clearing the field for the big sweepers.

612_happy_haxorus_by_raizy-d4a13lt.png

Haxorus @ Choice Band
Adamant
Mold Breaker
252 atk 252spd 4hp

-Outrage
-Shadow Claw
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

This guy just screws most teams over. anyone that doesn't resist his outrage gets 2HKO'd anyone else gets trapped by magnezone. He is the main sweeper of my team.

terrakion_by_xous54-d37tnid.png

Terrakion @ choice scarf
Jolly
Justified
4hp 252 atk 252 spd

-CC
-Stone Edge
-X-scissor
-Earthquake

my physical revenge killer. He also scares off +1 Volcarona and +1 Dnite. He also is strong and fast enough to sweep by himself. A great poke not sure what else to say about him.

Latios_by_shazy.jpg

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Modest
Levitate
4hp 252 sp atk 252 spd

-Surf
-Psyshock
-Draco Meteor
-Thunderbolt

This is my special revenge killer. He outspeeds a lot including gyrados after one DD OHKO'ing him with tbolt. Just like terrakion he lets me recover from bad prediction or other stuff. Draco Meteor lets him just act like a missile. hitting hard and then switching out for whatever counters him.

Nidoking_by_Leliea.png

Nidoking @ life orb
Timid
Sheer Force
252 sp atk 252 spd 4 hp

-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Tbolt
-Sludgewave

He used to be super popular at the start of 5th gen but I feel he's sort of died out. Well on my team he's making a comeback. He has netted me a ton of wins against people slower then him. I went for this set for coverage. Never have i really missed not having earth power but I guess it would be nice over Sludgewave. Just want some Stab for everyone.

entire team is up for C&C happy holidays!

Zachmac

What is the point in Protect on Magnazone? For more leftovers recovery? It seems like a waste of a move slot too me. Try thunderbolt for more power then Charge Beam, or Flash Cannon as secondary STAB.

I also don't think choice scarf is the best item for Latios, terrakion is already running that, and most pokemon it can revenge kill, Terrakion can revenge kill to. Try choice specs for more power, especially since there will be nothing to swap into Draco Meteor.

Last edited:

destructo

rain teams with toxicroak may be problematic since he can sub on Blissey. Nidoking can only handle him a few times

Replace Shadow Claw with Dual Chop on Haxorus, it gives it a STAB it can use when it isn't safe to get Outrage-locked.

Nidoking is praying to Godfreak for you to give him Earth Power over Sludge Wave.

Terrakion should have Quick Attack over EQ, in the event of a faster Mon at low health that can kill you in one hit.

Latios should have Choice Specs, it doesn't need the Scarf with Terrakion in tow.

Likewise, get rid of Protect on Zone.

Zachmac

Terrakion should have Quick Attack over EQ, in the event of a faster Mon at low health that can kill you in one hit.
I disagree. A priority move on a choice scarfer? You won't be seeing very many pokemon who can outrun 108 base speed with a choice scarf, in fact, I can't think of a single speed booster with over 100 base speed.

EQ is the better option, near perfect coverage with stone edge and can revenge kill the toxicroak you mentioned.

Also, you seem to have too many choice sets. I'd give Haxorus a dragon dance set if I were you, it'll have the same power and more speed. You could also try Dragonite over it, since you have wish support.

Last edited:

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
I'm with Zachto the Maxmac, besides it's Base 40 Power. That's silly... :p

I'd run a scarf on Haxorus, otherwise he'll be outsped by other faster dragons

Xenevix

Some Guy
Replace Haxorus with Multiscale Dragonite. But if you don't get rid of shadow Claw for Dual Chop like MagikarpRules said.

On Nidoking replace Sludge Wave for Earth Power.

Go for Timid nature and Specs on Latios.

Magnezone replace Protect for either Thunder Wave or Volt Switch and replace Charge Beam for T-Bolt.

Zachmac

^It needs to keep charge beam. If it traps Ferrothorn or Forretress, it can use that to get +6.

No volt switch either, that would mess up charge beam.

KK, so im dropping shadow claw for dual chop on haxy
sludge wave for earth power on nidoking
but I like protect on magnezone. I've found it allows me to sneak in an extra sub for more boosting or whatever.
I've found 2 scarfers working very well together in case one gets lucky KO'd or whatever. If I am dropping one I'd rather drop terrakion as scarf Latios has proved to be amazing.
For some reason Dragonite works on my other teams but not this one. DD'ers in general havent worked out on this team after trying mence and dnite. Also I've found that choice band destroys everything with Haxy outrage unless you resist you not staying alive longer than two turns and if they do resist I can switch in magnezone. Also Heatran is 2 shot by banded outrage so he can't switch in safely.

If I'm missing anything just comment
thanks for the help!

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Dude, and I mean this in the best possible way, this team has no synergy at all. 3 of your pokemon are fighting-weak, 3 are ground-weak, and 3 are ice-weak, and the number of good switch-ins you have just doesn't cut it.

You could reduce some of these weaknesses with Scarf Infernape or Mienshao instead of Terrakion. You could also try Starmie instead of Nidoking for all of your BoltBeaming.

Last edited:

Zachmac

what about a mixape with
life orb
Naive
252atk 252spd 4hp
Overheat
close combat
mach punch
u-turn
Well, standard sets aren't usually bad, and I've found that exact same set good for me(well, 4 HP was in special attack, but that's besides my point).

The best way to tell if it works for you is to test it though. I suggest you try it to see if it works for your team.

Vandslaux

Use Rock Slide over Earthquake on Terrakion. You can't afford to let Volcarona live another turn due to a Stone Edge miss. Also, use Trick over Thunderbolt on Latios. Cute Nidoking pic.

Also, what are you going to do with Magnezone, spam +6 Charge Beam? Replace Protect with Thunderbolt.

Last edited: