• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Magnmite with Recycle!

Pokemaster342

Trainer&ChainBreeder
;082;;081;I got a magnmite from the Dreamworld and its ability is Analytic. It has the move recycle wich i want to use with it.
So what are some recommmend items i should give it, or stragies that can work with it and its move recycle. Thanks for your help because it much appreciated!

Maybe you can use it with a gem that supports one of its STAB moves or an air balloon in case it pops

Screw Recycle and give it Gyro Ball. There's nothing really viable that works with Recycle, although Recycle SubSeeders are a fun gimmick. If you really want Recycle, give it an Air Balloon.

Zachmac

Maybe you can use it with a gem that supports one of its STAB moves or an air balloon in case it pops
First one is ineffective, as attacking with it's STAB move twice without any boost will be stronger then doing it once with the gem, and using Recycle+Air Balloon is probably outclassed by Magnet Rise.
Screw Recycle and give it Gyro Ball. There's nothing really viable that works with Recycle, although Recycle SubSeeders are a fun gimmick. If you really want Recycle, give it an Air Balloon.
But Gyro Ball is a physical move....

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
Both of magnemites other abilities are much better, given that the main draw of Magnemites evolution line is being able to trap steels. The only use for recycle would be on a gimmicky lv1 toxic stall set with Oran berry, which (aside from
Being a bad idea) you can't do because it has it's DW ability and not sturdy.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Both of magnemites other abilities are much better, given that the main draw of Magnemites evolution line is being able to trap steels. The only use for recycle would be on a gimmicky lv1 toxic stall set with Iran berry, which (aside from
Being a bad idea) you can't do because it has it's DW ability and not sturdy.
Only use for Analytic Magnezone/Magnemite is as a ground lure. Basically, come in on Landorus or something then blast it with HP [Ice] as it tries to pop your Air Balloon. It was better when Excadrill was around, though (in DW back then). There aren't the grounds in OU anymore, and even the EQ dragons aren't as common.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I would keep it as a Magnamite and use it in the Little Cup.

First one is ineffective, as attacking with it's STAB move twice without any boost will be stronger then doing it once with the gem, and using Recycle+Air Balloon is probably outclassed by Magnet Rise.

I didn't even think of that X( I fail for the day.

Perhaps you could recycle a Lum berry for status prevention. Since Analytic will make you want to move last, status-ridding will help Magnemite by giving it a sort of "self-recovering" move.

Zachmac

Perhaps you could recycle a Lum berry for status prevention. Since Analytic will make you want to move last, status-ridding will help Magnemite by giving it a sort of "self-recovering" move.
That's a bit gimmicky, as it could just run substitute or get a teammate with heal bell instead....Though I can't really think of a better way to use recycle, so if the OP really wants to use it, I'd suggest this one.

Soperman

The One and Only
No. Recycle can be used for Air Balloon, true, but when it can use Magnet Rise and a different item, it's a lot smarter.
Recycle is too gimmicky for Magnezone.
Maybe you're thinking of using Sitrus Berry and Sub. Still, too gimmicky to work well, especially with such low speed.
Finally, no offense, but I don't understand why this thread isn't locked. This is a question, and should be used in the Competitive Ask a Question Thread.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Here's one that's alright.

Magnetmite w/Oran Berry

Pass down Recycle 2 a Sturdy one.

It's gotta be a low level so EV's really aren't 2 needed.

Protect
Toxic
Substitute
Recycle

It's pretty easily shut down though, but hey it's something.

Analytical's alright, but this one's all I really have experience with when it comes 2 Recycle.

Wi-Fi trollin' sooooome of the day. -w-

I just realized Analytic boost applies if the opponent switches out. You could make a pretty devastating Choice Specs Magnezone, or even Substitute. Analytic gives Magnezone effectively 183 base special attack if you go second or the opponent switches.

Opponent switching is the key as things like Skarmory and Jellicent either stay in and die, or switch and eat a supercharged hit.

... pretty useless next to Magnet Pull but I guess its something.