• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mah Drawlings...

Cariyaga

Fanfiction Reader
I'm fairly new at drawing, having started but a week ago, but still, criticism would be appreciated, either here or on DeviantArt.

My oh so massive Gallery.

Ubermac

Shiny Hunter
try drawing on paper without lines, looks alot better. they aren't bad but I'm sure they would be alot better if you drew them a bit bigger, or colored them. looking forward to more ^^

Cariyaga

Fanfiction Reader
Heh, I know it would look better on plain, unlined paper, but for now I'm sticking to graph paper. It makes those proportions you're talking about easier. ^+^

Ubermac

Shiny Hunter
you could try drawing them out on graph paper first, but a bit bigger, and then take them over on normal paper... I dunno if this makes sence :p

kirby8933083

mai husbando
Just wondering something, when you draw, do you look at a picture of a pokemon or do it fully from memory? If you don't do it with a picture, I'd suggest that you find a picture to draw from so that you can keep on comparing shading, and proportions. If you do draw looking and comparing at a picture, I'd suggest looking at the picture more than your paper. Drawing things from memory doesn't always turn out fabulous on paper. And if graph paper works for you, just keep going with it. n_n Oh, and keep on drawing the type of pokemon you are drawing now. Keep simple-ish pokemon that are forgiving if you mess up a little.

sockyskarmie

Graph paper? It seems im always looking for graph paper to do my geometry homework:)

I don't blame you for using that kind, though. Sometimes, we are in school and are desperate to draw on something!

Of course, plain paper would have been best. Or even lined paper! But what can you do?

As for the drawings- Nicely drawn, and in the case of the mew, colored. And yes, I do agree with someone at the top who said "draw them bigger." Just small, easier to see details.

Just keep practicing, and I know you will get to be a great artist. They are looking pretty good right now, but i see potential!

Cariyaga

Fanfiction Reader
Just wondering something, when you draw, do you look at a picture of a pokemon or do it fully from memory? If you don't do it with a picture, I'd suggest that you find a picture to draw from so that you can keep on comparing shading, and proportions. If you do draw looking and comparing at a picture, I'd suggest looking at the picture more than your paper. Drawing things from memory doesn't always turn out fabulous on paper. And if graph paper works for you, just keep going with it. n_n Oh, and keep on drawing the type of pokemon you are drawing now. Keep simple-ish pokemon that are forgiving if you mess up a little.

Yep, I try to have a reference on hand. And generally, I do look more at said reference than my own drawing, though not while drawing it. I am trying to keep things simple, though.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I like your drawings, they're really good! I really don't know how some people are so good at drawing (you) and some are terrible no matter how hard they try! (ME!) Keep up the good work!

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I like your drawings, they're really good! I really don't know how some people are so good at drawing (you) and some are terrible no matter how hard they try! (ME!) Keep up the good work!

Cariyaga

Fanfiction Reader
*scratches the back of his head, blushing* I used to suck. Like, two weeks ago. But then I got my inspiration and took it from there.

LegendaryRotom

You did good job for just getting started.~Why'd you stop drawing the Espeon??! It was looking awesome!

Try to make their movements more flowing!Use lots of bends and try to envision how real
movement would look!Try to experiment with different angle (side,back,front,bottom,top.)Side or front is probably easiest,right now.
Remember,mastering the drawing part is more important than shading and coloring at this point.(At least in my opininon.)

They weren't all bad, though they looked as though they were drawn out of boredom at school or something.