• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

mai build

laishiou

firstly my main build for competitive play, keep in mind this isnt for pokemon showdown this is for normal pokemon competitive play.

ok to start off with...
;291;

item: leftovers
ability: speed boost
moves: x-scissor/baton pass/swords dance/substitute
evs: 252hp/112spa/4spd/140spe
nature: bold

ninjask is probably the best starter in this build, originally i would use espeon however espeon instantly means that my team would instantly loose vsing the norm iceicle spear cloyster build. ok to start off with always use substitute, if a pokemon makes a misjudgement in their moves then stop using substitute and use swords dance, this is the opportunity you often wait for. if a cloystor is starter, use substitute then baton pass. generally if a pokemon has too many offensive moves you only want one speed stack then baton pass to someone who can manage it. x scissor is used in this build as if ninjask ever ends up being left over, this is a last resort skill

;381;
item:expert belt
ability: levitate
moves: draco meteor/surf/hidden power(fire)/psyshock
evs: 4hp/252spa/252spe
nature: timid

ok so latios is like a backup spa bruiser pokemon. firstly, this pokemon has levitate so it works well when you switch in between someone who you can predict is going to use earthquake, always do when you assume that is going to happen. latios at this point doesnt have the damage to kill many things straight off due to the fact that calm mind espeon cant be used in this build however it has good enough base damage to make a difference and its multi element is its main use. the reason i go timid nature is to try and counter sweeper pokemon as quickly as possible, they generally mess up a team fast. normally draco meteor is latios's last resort move, when you do use that for all its special attack switch party members quickly to reset stat bonuses

;635;
item: life orb
moves: draco meteor/fire blast/stone edge/earthquake
evs: 4atk/252spa/252spe
nature:hasty

this pokemon is like the backup for latios, also a bruiser pokemon however it has some physical attacks to being eq and stone edge, both of these moves even without attack evs is enough to devestate pokemon, this pokemon goes for timid since it still needs some level of physical attack this pokemon uses life orb so he will die in 10 turns however it makes up for the phys damage he needs and adds some more onto spa, if you prefer go for 132 spa, 128 atk. once again draco meteor last resort and with life orb more effective then latios

;212;
item: metal coat
ability: technician
moves: bullet punch/u-turn/swords dance/roost
evs: 252hp/252atk/4spd
nature:brave

ok so firstly, this is a bullet punch focused scizor so do not go for speed when he has bullet punch first turn everything. if a pokemon gives you a spare opportunity i would recommend using swords dance, even if you take a small amount of damage from the enemy. the reason why you do this is when scizor is even on one stack of bullet punch, he can kill most things in one shot. another recommendation is if nessecary switch to this after ninjask but normally salamence comes first. roost can be used but very occasionally, still good to have just in case and u-turn makes a good back door move. also note being for gen 6, bullet punch is super affective on fairy, gonna be a good fairy counter and thats why i prefer this over salamence in some instances.

;373;
item: choice scarf
ability: intimidate
moves: outrage/dragon claw/ earthquake/fire blast
evs: 252atk/4spa/252spe
nature: naive

firstly, this pokemon is choice scarfed because you want to maximise his speed, even sometimes ninjask speed boost isnt enough which is what he comes off of. now generally when you use ninjask starter, you build one sword dance into salamence at least, 2 sword dance stacks if you can will gg a game for you. if you feel that salamence has enough damage on him at the time, i suggest using dragon claw as it negates the confuse status and with the speed he has almost any counter wont work. generally though you wont be lucky enough in terms of damage and will have to go spam outrage, even with this moves confuse in most cases salamence can take out most counters with its effect and eliminate threat before end game earthquake and fire blast are here if you have to resort to these due to bad typing, after so i recommend switching pokemon unless you get another type advantage

;277;
item: focus sash
ability: guts
moves: whirlwind/u-turn/hidden power(electric)/fly
nature: hasty

ok this is the cloystor counter i have been talking about, its evs are just enough to counter a cloystor on 2x speed, this is the general build of a cloystor to, you will know when to use this pokemon if they start with cloystor, you immediately go substitute/baton pass to swellow/ whirlwind. now use hidden power electric unless the pokemon is resistant to it, if they bring out cloystor it hurts him badly, cloystor by now will have his bonus status removed and will have to rebuff but if hes smart he will just iceicle spear which wont be enough, you should be able to kill him by the next turn. this pokemon can be good utility because if all else fails, you can u-turn and get out a good bruiser pokemon, generally it also has whirlwind to support also. swellow with 140+ evs is enough to back itself on 1.5x speed, with the 1.5 speed pokemon will not get the time if you choose to use u-turn or whirlwind so use these moves to your advantage. guys is like insurance for bad status effects and if you get hit by something unexpected, you have focus sash to deal with it being that most unexpected things happen early game you should not expect a stealth rock to be down to counter focus sash

anyway thats all for my build, enjoy :) and any advice i will accept

BIG EDIT
-----------------after some servere testing i forgot that cloystors iceicle spear is a multi move so it hits the substitute then picks off swellow x.x need to replace swellow with a pokemon that has trick and good dd moves

Last edited:

PokemonVeteran

be like water...
firstly my main build for competitive play, keep in mind this isnt for pokemon showdown this is for normal pokemon competitive play.

ok to start off with...
;291;

item: leftovers
ability: speed boost
moves: x-scissor/baton pass/swords dance/substitute
nature: bold

ninjask is probably the best starter in this build, originally i would use espeon however espeon instantly means that my team would instantly loose vsing the norm iceicle spear cloyster build. ok to start off with always use substitute, if a pokemon makes a misjudgement in their moves then stop using substitute and use swords dance, this is the opportunity you often wait for. if a cloystor is starter, use substitute then baton pass. generally if a pokemon has too many offensive moves you only want one speed stack then baton pass to someone who can manage it. x scissor is used in this build as if ninjask ever ends up being left over, this is a last resort skill

;381;
item:expert belt
moves: draco meteor/surf/hidden power(fire)/psyshock
evs: 4hp/252spa/252spe
nature: timid

ok so latios is like a backup spa bruiser pokemon. firstly, this pokemon has levitate so it works well when you switch in between someone who you can predict is going to use earthquake, always do when you assume that is going to happen. latios at this point doesnt have the damage to kill many things straight off due to the fact that calm mind espeon cant be used in this build however it has good enough base damage to make a difference and its multi element is its main use. the reason i go timid nature is to try and counter sweeper pokemon as quickly as possible, they generally mess up a team fast. normally draco meteor is latios's last resort move, when you do use that for all its special attack switch party members quickly to reset stat bonuses

;635;
item: life orb
moves: draco meteor/fire blast/stone edge/earthquake
evs: 4atk/252spa/252spe
nature:hasty

this pokemon is like the backup for latios, also a bruiser pokemon however it has some physical attacks to being eq and stone edge, both of these moves even without attack evs is enough to devestate pokemon, this pokemon goes for timid since it still needs some level of physical attack this pokemon uses life orb so he will die in 10 turns however it makes up for the phys damage he needs and adds some more onto spa, if you prefer go for 132 spa, 128 atk. once again draco meteor last resort and with life orb more effective then latios

;212;
item: metal coat
ability: technician
moves: bullet punch/u-turn/swords dance/roost
evs: 252hp/252atk/4spd
nature:brave

ok so firstly, this is a bullet punch focused scizor so do not go for speed when he has bullet punch first turn everything. if a pokemon gives you a spare opportunity i would recommend using swords dance, even if you take a small amount of damage from the enemy. the reason why you do this is when scizor is even on one stack of bullet punch, he can kill most things in one shot. another recommendation is if nessecary switch to this after ninjask but normally salamence comes first. roost can be used but very occasionally, still good to have just in case and u-turn makes a good back door move. also note being for gen 6, bullet punch is super affective on fairy, gonna be a good fairy counter and thats why i prefer this over salamence in some instances.

;373;
item: choice scarf
ability: intimidate
moves: outrage/dragon claw/ earthquake/fire blast
evs: 252atk/4spa/252spe
nature: naive

firstly, this pokemon is choice scarfed because you want to maximise his speed, even sometimes ninjask speed boost isnt enough which is what he comes off of. now generally when you use ninjask starter, you build one sword dance into salamence at least, 2 sword dance stacks if you can will gg a game for you. if you feel that salamence has enough damage on him at the time, i suggest using dragon claw as it negates the confuse status and with the speed he has almost any counter wont work. generally though you wont be lucky enough in terms of damage and will have to go spam outrage, even with this moves confuse in most cases salamence can take out most counters with its effect and eliminate threat before end game earthquake and fire blast are here if you have to resort to these due to bad typing, after so i recommend switching pokemon unless you get another type advantage

;277;
item: focus sash
ability: guts
moves: whirlwind/u-turn/hidden power(electric)/fly
nature: hasty

ok this is the cloystor counter i have been talking about, its evs are just enough to counter a cloystor on 2x speed, this is the general build of a cloystor to, you will know when to use this pokemon if they start with cloystor, you immediately go substitute/baton pass to swellow/ whirlwind. now use hidden power electric unless the pokemon is resistant to it, if they bring out cloystor it hurts him badly, cloystor by now will have his bonus status removed and will have to rebuff but if hes smart he will just iceicle spear which wont be enough, you should be able to kill him by the next turn. this pokemon can be good utility because if all else fails, you can u-turn and get out a good bruiser pokemon, generally it also has whirlwind to support also. swellow with 140+ evs is enough to back itself on 1.5x speed, with the 1.5 speed pokemon will not get the time if you choose to use u-turn or whirlwind so use these moves to your advantage. guys is like insurance for bad status effects and if you get hit by something unexpected, you have focus sash to deal with it being that most unexpected things happen early game you should not expect a stealth rock to be down to counter focus sash

anyway thats all for my build, enjoy :) and any advice i will accept

BIG EDIT
-----------------after some servere testing i forgot that cloystors iceicle spear is a multi move so it hits the substitute then picks off swellow x.x need to replace swellow with a pokemon that has trick and good dd moves

Wow you actually have a pretty decent team. You can always use swords dance and strike right after with bullet punch if your scizor has a high speed. I like your strategy using u-turn. If I am not mistaken doesn't ninjask have an ability that makes him immune to all attacks? That is what I noticed when I was training in soulsilver. Bugsy ninjask would not get affected by my moves. Until I used confuse ray with my gengar it died with one hit. Noob question; is 635 flygon? Cuze if it is I have him too in my party. With; screech, earthquake, dragon claw, and draco meteor. I have him holding a dragon fang. How do you guys play pokemon competitively? I wouldn't mind. I hardly have anyone to battle.