• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Main Characters Catching Legendary Pokemon?

cam24t

Master
They've kinda already done this and hinted at this but what do you think of main characters capturing Legendary Pokemon? They had Ash get a Mythical, Melmetal and they're hinting at Go potentially getting Mew. Many are speculating Ash will catch Latias, maybe Kubfu. What do you think about this?

I am okay with it. As long as it's 1 capture, 2 at tops. 1 each is fine. And the Legendary/Mythical should be used sparingly and not overly OP. I love what they did with Melmetal. They could have had Ash get Melmetal earlier then he did and basically own everyone with just it like Tobias with Darkrai but they had him get it late and evolve right before facing off against a Legendary which it would be reasonable that Melmetal would lose. If Ash would get say Latias I think it'd be cool if it was only used in high profile matches and in the endgame of the series. Or something like that. And not have it destroying everyone but also not be a chump and lose a easy match.

Sword master zacian

I think its kubfu
First its weak at start needs training
Second it is a beast after evolving
Also promoting dlc ioa(isle of armor)
Similar to like ash got poipole to reference of usum and meltan/melmetal for lets go pikachu and eevee

Last edited:

Mew29240

I don't think it's a problem for characters to get Legendary/Mythicals so long as it's not one of the box legends or Mewtwo. Those should be in the "do not mess with" category of Pokemon.

I have my doubts on Ash catching a Latias, though. For one thing, the one he's bonded with is unlikely to leave Altomare as she's its only protector. On top of that, it would be odd to see Ash bond with and catch a Latias not from Altomare, so we're kinda stuck here.

Kubfu has a better shot with the upcoming Isle of Armor DLC. At the same time, I kind of expect that to go the route of Meloetta (he bonds with it, helps it evolve, then it stays behind at the Dojo to protect it/teach a new generation of fighters).

I like the idea of Ash bringing back his Melmetal. It's the only Melmetal we know of so far under a trainer's ownership and will likely be the one to showcase the G-Max Melmetal form (whenever that shows up). So one could say Ash already has the Mythical/Legendary he needs.

Decidueye23

They've kinda already done this and hinted at this but what do you think of main characters capturing Legendary Pokemon? They had Ash get a Mythical, Melmetal and they're hinting at Go potentially getting Mew. Many are speculating Ash will catch Latias, maybe Kubfu. What do you think about this?

I am okay with it. As long as it's 1 capture, 2 at tops. 1 each is fine. And the Legendary/Mythical should be used sparingly and not overly OP. I love what they did with Melmetal. They could have had Ash get Melmetal earlier then he did and basically own everyone with just it like Tobias with Darkrai but they had him get it late and evolve right before facing off against a Legendary which it would be reasonable that Melmetal would lose. If Ash would get say Latias I think it'd be cool if it was only used in high profile matches and in the endgame of the series. Or something like that. And not have it destroying everyone but also not be a chump and lose a easy match.
I dont think Go is going to get mew. Atleast no on screen. At the end of this series he will jut probably re affirm and continue searching for mew. And other legendraries to finish the pokedex

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don't think it's a problem for characters to get Legendary/Mythicals so long as it's not one of the box legends or Mewtwo. Those should be in the "do not mess with" category of Pokemon.

I have my doubts on Ash catching a Latias, though. For one thing, the one he's bonded with is unlikely to leave Altomare as she's its only protector. On top of that, it would be odd to see Ash bond with and catch a Latias not from Altomare, so we're kinda stuck here.

Kubfu has a better shot with the upcoming Isle of Armor DLC. At the same time, I kind of expect that to go the route of Meloetta (he bonds with it, helps it evolve, then it stays behind at the Dojo to protect it/teach a new generation of fighters).

I like the idea of Ash bringing back his Melmetal. It's the only Melmetal we know of so far under a trainer's ownership and will likely be the one to showcase the G-Max Melmetal form (whenever that shows up). So one could say Ash already has the Mythical/Legendary he needs.
This is exactly my thought process on the matter of main characters catching Legends. It can work as long as it’s done properly without making it seem too late or just shoehorned in their teams to give them an OP buff

Red and Blue

Ash could still catch Kubfu even if he eventually leaves it behind at the Dojo. They already did that storyline with Goodra and Naganadel

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I’m fine with it and I want it to happen. Ash doesn’t have any proper legendaries under his belt. He has a mythical but no proper legendary. He has every single type of pokemon except for Legendaries (proper ones, dont even think about including mythicals and UBs) and fossil pkmn.

The only logical choice where Ash could get his first ever legendary is Kubfu for likely a Isle of Armor mini-arc and for PWC. However if he were to get any other legendaries (or another mythical even) only choices would be the low and mid tier ones like the Eon Duo (specifically Latias due to history) and the bird trio.

I was thinking of putting Zeraora as a choice since Ash has shown interest in it when he first met it in the Ultra Ruin under ownership of Dia (well technically only Ash knows it exists). But it’s mythical status and electric typing is what makes this basically impossible. Unless the writers decide to break everything and go wack enough to have Ash get a second mythical let alone a second electric type.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I expect that Gou will capture a few Legendaries later on as part of his goal, but I don't think they'll be showcased that often and would probably act as guardians of Sakuragi Park much like his Goloog. I don't expect Satoshi to catch any Legendaries in the future, in any case. It's not that I think he isn't allowed to, just that I feel he already has a lot of fan favorite Pokemon, and the idea of him capturing Legendaries [many of whom are some of the most popular Pokemon in the franchise] irks me.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I expect that Gou will capture a few Legendaries later on as part of his goal, but I don't think they'll be showcased that often and would probably act as guardians of Sakuragi Park much like his Goloog. I don't expect Satoshi to catch any Legendaries in the future, though. It's not that I think he isn't allowed to, just that I feel he already has a lot of fan favorite Pokemon, and the idea of him getting Legendaries [many of which are some of the most popular Pokemon in the franchise] just irks me.
to be fairly honest, I dont think Go’s even going to catch any legendaries. And I think people will be far more irked if Go gets legendaries and Ash doesnt.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It depends on the character, majority of the Pre-XY cast members I'd be perfectly satisfied seeing them get a legendary. So long as it isn't something ridiculous like a Hoenn/Sinnoh/Kalos box legendary, or Mew/Mewtwo.

Ash certainly earned the right to capture an actual legendary, in fact he should have captured Nebby! Shaymin should have been Mallow's too really, not like it was powerful...

I don't really want Go to get any since it'd just get unceremoniously dumped at the lab and treated like an ordinary capture. At least if Ash captured say one of the Lati twins we'd get to see it in action and have a fleshed out character/personality. Plus Ash is strong enough to actually battle one
There is only one exception, Go cucking Lana and getting Manaphy lmao

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I said it in the pokemon thread but the legends I would want Ash to get are pokemon he bonded with like Meleotta or Nebby. The one exception being Latias for very obvious reasons.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Ash getting one of the legendary birds wouldn't be too farfetched. So long as it's not Lugia or Ho-Oh (it seems he has a special relationship with those two, especially Ho-Oh). He could also get one of the Regis or the new Regis from SwSh.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Very low possibility but Kubfu/Urshifu by Ash and another high ranked PWC trainer...

Not sure how they would deal with Eternatus though... But should it be captured, it would be either Leon or Ash... But the possibility is lower than box legendaries...

Leonhart

Imagineer
PsychoLogical said:
to be fairly honest, I dont think Go’s even going to catch any legendaries. And I think people will be far more irked if Go gets legendaries and Ash doesnt.

I only considered Gou capturing Legendaries because of his goal to collect as many Pokemon as possible, and so far there's been no indication that he'll skip catching Legendaries. And while I'm sure that it'll be controversial if it happens, I'd still rather see Gou capture some Legendaries than see Satoshi get a Legendary in this series.

Mew29240

I only considered Gou capturing Legendaries because of his goal to collect as many Pokemon as possible, and so far there's been no indication that he'll skip catching Legendaries. And while I'm sure that it'll be controversial if it happens, I'd still rather see Gou capture some Legendaries than see Satoshi get a Legendary in this series.

If anything, I'd like if if they don't include Legendary/Mythical Pokemon in Gou's "catch all Pokemon goal (not named Mew)," especially given how some of them are practically inaccessible. It would make his goal considerably more achievable.

Red and Blue

If anything, I'd like if if they don't include Legendary/Mythical Pokemon in Gou's "catch all Pokemon goal (not named Mew)," especially given how some of them are practically inaccessible. It would make his goal considerably more achievable.
Actually Legendary and Mythical Pokemon have become more common in recent years. In SM they were practically everywhere. We even used to joke about it back then.

In regards to PM2019 I'm certain we will see a whole bunch of them as well

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Right now, there are only three types of legendary pokemon I can see Ash and Go catching:
  • Ones similar to Poipole & Meltan that start off small & weak but can develop into powerhouses overtime (either through training or evolution)
  • Ones that have been confirmed in the anime's canon to have more than one existing in the entire
  • Ones that aren't crucial to the environment or the fate of the world if they're gone
Because of this, the most likely legendaries they can catch right now are Kubfu, Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin, Genesect, the Legendary Birds, & the Legendary Golems.

Actually, as far as legendaries are concerned, Genesect would be a great catch for Go since he could relate to its isolation and feeling lonely on a personal level like he did with Cubone.

Last edited:

Sword master zacian

Right now, there are only two types of legendary pokemon I can see Ash and Go catching:
  • Ones similar to Poipole & Meltan that start off small & weak but can develop into powerhouses overtime (either through training or evolution)
  • Ones that have been confirmed in the anime's canon to have more than one existing in the entire
  • Ones that aren't crucial to the environment or the fate of the world if they're gone
Because of this, the most likely legendaries they can catch right now are Kubfu, Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin, the Legendary Birds, & the Legendary Golems
In legendary titans i see the new regis could only be caught because old ones are pretty old now

I believe any galar legendary can be caugth except for galarian birds and calyrex

Kubfu/urshifu the most likely one similar situation to poipole and meltan to promote games here dlc

Regis (electric/dragon) they can get it when exploring crown tundra they would be caught at same time because i belive both titans would be in same place

Eternatus i highly doubt it but maybe like in games ash and go will fight alongside this legend and at last of max raid battle ash most likely brcause he has dynamax band or maybe go will get chance to get it

Zacian and zamazenta maybe to promote swsh ash and go after fighting eternatus will catch them or maybe sordward and shieldbert will play role here

Others aside from galar they can catch
Latias/latios
Or maybe other myths like zeraora,manaphy(wait lana is in search of her),phione,etc.

MegaSalamence05

There's a few that I want to see

Zeraora, Lugia, Kubfu/Urshifu, now Eternatus is the one that I haven't considered.

Which if they do the unexpected calamity near the end before Ash presumably faces Leon I would be interested in that one as that would be unexpected. As we already know is that its flying around in the skies of Galar airspace.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I don't mind Ash catching Legendary/Mythical same way he did Meltan aka if he has no full team and new Mythical/Legendary is revealed, Ash can catch it to promote it + to get full team. Seeing how in PM Ash will have full team( hopefully: Sobble, Grookey and probably more; I don't see him catching any Leg/Myth this time around.)