• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Main Characters Catching Legendary Pokemon?

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I honestly don’t have problem with main characters catching legendaries or mythicals. At least if they were the more traditional kind of characters. What i don’t really like about spesifically goh catching legendaries, is that he just dumps his pokemon in the lab and they’re lucky to make small cameos after.

If a legendary is to be fully captured by a main cast member, i feel like it should be when it gets to be part of the main regular team.

Red and Blue

Well... This Thread certainly aged Well didn't it.....?

So after Suicune, what's next on the chopping block for Gou?

My Money's on Arceus :p
He could go after the other two beasts since they are in the opening. Or he can compete with Brandon for the two new Regis, lol

Lemme guess, first zapdos then suicune so I think next up would be one of the regis.
And speaking of Arceus, Tobias must have caught it already lol
Ehh, Brandon actually owns all 3 (I forget if he owns Regigigas or not though)

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Didn't Brandon leave his Regis to guard Regigigas, or am I misremembering that?
Yes. Tho it's actually unknown if that was truly the case since we never saw what happened to them after that ep. Or what Brandon is doing now for that matter.

Master Pikachu 11

He could go after the other two beasts since they are in the opening. Or he can compete with Brandon for the two new Regis, lol
Who is to say that there are not other regirock, regice, and registeel. I mean just like there are multiple Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres, there could be multiple Regis.
Besides Goh needs the three Regis before he can meet the two new ones.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I honestly don’t have problem with main characters catching legendaries or mythicals. At least if they were the more traditional kind of characters. What i don’t really like about spesifically goh catching legendaries, is that he just dumps his pokemon in the lab and they’re lucky to make small cameos after.

If a legendary is to be fully captured by a main cast member, i feel like it should be when it gets to be part of the main regular team.
Same, that's my biggest problem. I hope if Suicune stays that he uses it in battles and travelling instead of important Leg staying/rotting in a lab.

Red and Blue

Who is to say that there are not other regirock, regice, and registeel. I mean just like there are multiple Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres, there could be multiple Regis.
Besides Goh needs the three Regis before he can meet the two new ones.
What I was thinking is Brandon would be a part of the Crown Tundra arc not only to catch the new Regis but to battle Ash in the PWC. If he is there with his trio then he should be able to open the temple himself.

Come to think of it Go can catch one while Brandon gets the other

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Yes. Tho it's actually unknown if that was truly the case since we never saw what happened to them after that ep. Or what Brandon is doing now for that matter.

If I recall, he agreed to stay and help guard the temple with his regi's.

Paul even told Ash when he left the sinnoh league he was going there to fight him again as well.

Considering Brandon has the other 4, i kind of would like him to be involved with the new ones to some degree.

Out of all the low-mid tier "Triad" legendaries though (like the birds, beasts, Regis), the only group Go shouldn't be allowed to touch are the lake gaurdians of sinnoh. Because we know they exist to maintain balance over dialga and palkia, and unlike the others we've never seen more than one of them in the show or have it implied that there are multiples.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Out of all the low-mid tier "Triad" legendaries though (like the birds, beasts, Regis), the only group Go shouldn't be allowed to touch are the lake gaurdians of sinnoh. Because we know they exist to maintain balance over dialga and palkia, and unlike the others we've never seen more than one of them in the show or have it implied that there are multiples.
And what do you think about the swords of justice. From what I know is that they play a very significant role in protecting pokémon homes from human expansion.

Morax

King of heroes
Catching a mythical/legend gives you an obvious advantage over your competition and that's not a good thing if your MC is supposed to be an underdog. Although if it's someone with an absurd goal like gou then it doesn't matter because he has no competition in the first place.

ShadowForce720

Catching a mythical/legend gives you an obvious advantage over your competition and that's not a good thing if your MC is supposed to be an underdog. Although if it's someone with an absurd goal like gou then it doesn't matter because he has no competition in the first place.

Considering that Ash is being built up to take on Leon and considering that there are other strong trainers in the PWC Ash is going to be an underdog no matter what he gets.

So even if he got a Urshifu, Zeraora, Articuno, or Latias to name a few examples he would still be an underdog.

Morax

King of heroes
Considering that Ash is being built up to take on Leon and considering that there are other strong trainers in the PWC Ash is going to be an underdog no matter what he gets.

So even if he got a Urshifu, Zeraora, Articuno, or Latias to name a few examples he would still be an underdog.
Those E4 and champions didn't get there using ultra rare pokemon so why should ash? That would be blatant plot armor

Red and Blue

Those E4 and champions didn't get there using ultra rare pokemon so why should ash? That would be blatant plot armor
They could of. Maybe one or two of the E4 and Champions own a Legendary/Mythical. Brandon could be competing with all three of his Regis

Morax

King of heroes
They could of. Maybe one or two of the E4 and Champions own a Legendary/Mythical
You don't know that and even if they did that doesn't mean ash has to own some too. A good protagonist is one who overcomes all odds using his intellect and not divine intervention, tony stark for example. You don't wanna make ash the chosen one. That would smell of bad writing.

ShadowForce720

You don't know that and even if they did that doesn't mean ash has to own some too. A good protagonist is one who overcomes all odds using his intellect and not divine intervention, tony stark for example. You don't wanna make ash the chosen one. That would smell of bad writing.

Ash getting and using a legendary/mythical Pokémon does not make him a bad protagonist and is not bad writing nor does it make him the chosen one.

The higher you go in the PWC the more likely you are to run into trainers that would be strong enough to beat a legendary or mythical Pokémon and they may even own one themselves.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit

Ash has always been the chosen one though. He is at the center of all legendary conflicts, and in recent series has had Meltan, Naganadel, and Greninja whose entire arc with Ash was definitely painting him as the chosen one. Not to mention he has special aura powers.