• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Main Characters Catching Legendary Pokemon?

Sword master zacian

If ash is gonna get latias its gonna be late capture like next season
Ash using latias from right great ball tier is broken
But i still think i prefer kubfu over latias cuz kubfu is gen8 pkm which ash lacks in also kubfu has a whole storyplot to it
Ash getting to isle of armor to train with leon's older mentor mustard
Mustard after seeing kubfu and ash bonding gives him it and ash goes to tower of fist to train
But latias just a capture and over
But i am ok with ash getting both

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Yes we are getting merchandise scans and leaks about Latias which I have put up in the video above, to people who think ash vs tobias will not happen, that's fine with me, the video is actually about why ash will get latias, moreover if ash gets latias, it would be interesting to see latias vs latios(which means it's not a mere speculation video)

...y’know, this anime has already given us Dragonite, Gengar and Riolu, so I think Latias isn’t really out of the question anymore. After all, it’s one of those Pokémon people have always wanted Ash to have, and it’s not even some Uber god like Mewtwo; from what we’ve seen in the anime, the Lati@s are powerful Pokémon, but they’re far from unbeatable.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pokèianforever 29 said:
(Moreover the video is 90% factual and 10% speculative, so I believe there is a ground for it, not now but in the near future)

I feel that it's more speculation than factual, because a lot of what's discussed are merchandise scans which are being twisted into supporting the capture theory of Satoshi getting Latias even though there's nothing there that actual proves that he'll get one, which is why it's speculation. I also don't like the fact that the fifth movie is being used as "evidence" for why Satoshi should get Latias, because he only ever had a bond with the Latias from Altomare, so it's not as if he has some mystic connection with the species as a whole.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I won't be surprised if Ash will capture a Kubfu and evolve into Urshifu... And then there's a possibility that he (and even Goh) will capture 1 of the SwSh box legends... And then there's Eternatus...

And oh, near Ash's character's retirement (if they even plan to), he will surely capture Ho-oh...

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
And oh, near Ash's character's retirement (if they even plan to), he will surely capture Ho-oh...

He's never shown a desire to capture Houou from what I can remember, and it would seem quite unlike him to want to capture it now to begin with. Houou's better off being in the wild as an elusive source of inspiration for Satoshi, not as part of his team.

Master Pikachu 11

I won't be surprised if Ash will capture a Kubfu and evolve into Urshifu... And then there's a possibility that he (and even Goh) will capture 1 of the SwSh box legends... And then there's Eternatus...

The day they retire Ash is the day that the anime series will officially end. I can’t see Ash ever being replace since Pikachu and him are too iconic to replace. It would be like Scooby-Doo being without Shaggy. It just doesn’t work

BabaVanga

The day they retire Ash is the day that the anime series will officially end. I can’t see Ash ever being replace since Pikachu and him are too iconic to replace. It would be like Scooby-Doo being without Shaggy. It just doesn’t work
They don't need Ash to make anime adaptation of the games (or Pokémon Adventures for example) though. They only really "need" Ash for the current universe anime is set in.

Master Pikachu 11

They don't need Ash to make anime adaptation of the games (or Pokémon Adventures for example) though. They only really "need" Ash for the current universe anime is set in.
Yes but for a main series anime where Pikachu being the mascot is shown, it would not make sense to have Pikachu with someone other then Ash

ShadowForce720

Yes but for a main series anime where Pikachu being the mascot is shown, it would not make sense to have Pikachu with someone other then Ash

That’s not necessarily true, as they would be able to really market any Pikachu simply do to the fact that Pikachu is the mascot of the entire franchise. Or they could have the new main character have an Eevee.

Considering how big of a franchise Pokémon is they would actually be able to replace Ash with a new main character or do a new anime and be able to push it.

Also if they were to decide to still have it be in the same universe as Ash they can always have it where he returns for a few episodes before leaving again.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Random thought: What if the writers actually decide to have Ash catch legendaries (besides Kubfu) like Darkrai, Cresselia, the Eon Duo, and one of the Bird Trio later in the series? (Ok don’t take this comment srsly it was just a sarcastic joke, unless the writers are wack enough to have Ash catch something like the Lunar Duo aka either Cresselia or Darkrai, it’s really just unrealistic. The only real realistic options as potential legendary captures for Ash are the Eon Duo, the Bird Trio, and ofc Kubfu. Maybe also Solgaleo cause of Nebby.) Multiple legendaries of the same kind have been shown to exist anyway like the Eon Duo and the Bird Trio anyway since the Eon Duo have been seen with trainers and the Bird Trio are seen multiple times but aren’t the same, so that can be an argument for the potential hypothetical legendary capture for Ash.

That’s not necessarily true, as they would be able to really market any Pikachu simply do to the fact that Pikachu is the mascot of the entire franchise. Or they could have the new main character have an Eevee.

The whole Eevee being a co-mascot is not a permanent thing. There have been other co-mascots before. In fact, they originally wanted to make Psyduck the mascot in the second Let's Go game. Eevee is popular but it will never become the face of the franchise over even share it with Pikachu. Its status as the evolution Pokemon is interesting but it is not famous enough to share Pikachu's screen space.

On Topic: I wonder if Ash will be interested in the new legendary birds. He did want to catch Moltres.

Master Pikachu 11

Considering how big of a franchise Pokémon is they would actually be able to replace Ash with a new main character or do a new anime and be able to push it.

Also if they were to decide to still have it be in the same universe as Ash they can always have it where he returns for a few episodes before leaving again.
I should probably clarify, what I meant was that majority of the fans are attached to Ash’s Pikachu and it would make no sense to have another trainer be with Ash’s Pikachu so if they retire Ash then they will have to retire Ash’s Pikachu as well. Can they make a new series focus on a different character with a different Pikachu, sure but there is a reason that they keep him as well as TR around when they could have replaced them. My point is that there have been many different Pokémon anime series that have been separate from the current series such as Generations and Chronicles, however, the current anime series would have to end if Ash is retired. Therefore, Pokémon could still continue but they would have to do a new series without any continuity from this current series.
The whole Eevee being a co-mascot is not a permanent thing. There have been other co-mascots before. In fact, they originally wanted to make Psyduck the mascot in the second Let's Go game. Eevee is popular but it will never become the face of the franchise over even share it with Pikachu. Its status as the evolution Pokemon is interesting but it is not famous enough to share Pikachu's screen space.

On Topic: I wonder if Ash will be interested in the new legendary birds. He did want to catch Moltres.
If he does then I could see him catch Articuno

Applecorp

If he does then I could see him catch Articuno

Any reason why? I never thought Ash had a connection with any of the legendary birds unless we're counting Ho-Oh and Lugia as part of the legendary birds, in which case I'd love to see him get Lugia since one keeps appearing in this series.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Any reason why? I never thought Ash had a connection with any of the legendary birds unless we're counting Ho-Oh and Lugia as part of the legendary birds, in which case I'd love to see him get Lugia since one keeps appearing in this series.
I think its more like, trying to narrow down what legendaries are realistic options that Ash could catch.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:

Lugia being a recurring Pokemon could imply a capture I suppose, but it's also possible that it's just going to be the Purin of this series as opposed to something like Waruvile.

Master Pikachu 11

Well of the three Kanto birds that are not counting Lugia and Ho-oh. I think Articuno is the best of the three in my opinion. With the new Galar birds, I wouldn’t mind Zapodos or Articuno based on their type and design. Yes Lugia, is one of my favorite legendary Pokémon so seeing Ash with one would be awesome.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I think it's pretty much a given that Goh will eventually try to and succeed in capturing some legendary Pokémon and if they want one on Ash's team I'm sure he'll capture one too but not as many as Goh

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
He kicked regular Articuno's butt with Charizard, him getting a Galarian one wouldn't be too out there. But I don't see a great need for one of them, they're awesome but I just imagine the writer's problem with giving bird Pokemon personality carrying over and making his first legendary feel lackluster.

There can always be another Pikachu... though given how all Piplup act the same way it'd essentially be the same Pikachu.
The Pikachu thing is why I think they should just make the next character his kid, at least then Pikachu being the main Pokemon wouldn't feel too forced over some new main character just happening to get Pikachu as their first Pokemon

DatsRight

He kicked regular Articuno's butt with Charizard, him getting a Galarian one wouldn't be too out there. But I don't see a great need for one of them, they're awesome but I just imagine the writer's problem with giving bird Pokemon personality carrying over and making his first legendary feel lackluster.

Yeah I think they'd have to be careful in that regard so the legendary didn't just feel like a bragging rights reward or an OP prop for the trainer. The reason SM got away with it was because the elusiveness of the mythical Pokemon in the teams was downplayed in favour of their personalities and chemistries with the other Pokemon, making them feel less like a cheap gimmick. If they could make Articuno an actual likeable character I'd be all for it, but not just for the sake of 'look this trainer got a really powerful Pokemon WOOOWWW'.