• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Main games used by trainers

pokemonmasterhustler

Pokemon Master
What is you're main game at the moment? Have you switched to platinum or are you still loyal to diamond \ pearl ? Will you switch you're main game with release of heart gold and soul silver? Btw the main game is the one usually with most of you're pokemon and is the most used and is typically the one you battle with.

Crazy Chaos

Platinum, and I might switch to SoulSilver. But with the last remakes, I treated my FireRed and Ruby as two seperate games until I got Emerald...

Tf5174

I am getting both HG/SS then i will switch EVERYTHING there an till the 5th gen.

xspicysnowballx

Woof, meow, moo!
When I get Platinum in about a week or less, everything from my Emerald and Sapphire will be transferred to that cartridge and used for shiny findings and boosting the new cartridge.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Platinum, here. I use Pearl as a secondary and Diamond as a game I can play over and over-- scrambles, monotypes, etc.

I might switch over to SS when it comes out. It really depends on what is in the game.

thomas477

Johto Trainer
i use my diamond to level up Battle Frontier poke as it has my strongest 4 or so pokemon, including my 3rd eva lvl 100 poke (tyranitar)

Platinum is used for the same thing and FR is my kanto/johto poke getter/raiser (although i hate the pokemon daycare on 4 Island) and Emerald will be getting strong pokemon from Sapphire to go through with.

And in regards to HG/SS i will be getting SS and trying to catch everything i can on it and should a BF appear then my BF pokemon will be traded over, as well as a ditto

pokey

Coral Eye Trainer
I'm waiting for soul silver to come out. I want that to be my main game. I've playing Platinum alot though

Hobusu

I'm probably going to get both HG/SS, enjoy playing through them, and transfer Pokemon to Platinum. Platinum's my main game, and with HG/SS I'm going to get at least 1 Pokemon from each generation in my team.

Luke the Almighty

Kickin' Gastly
I hardly played my Platinum. Not only was my team terrible on it, but I just couldn't bear to beat Sinnoh for a third time after Pearl and Diamond. Now I'll I play is Pearl and my Ruby.

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
Platinum, and I might switch to SoulSilver. But with the last remakes, I treated my FireRed and Ruby as two seperate games until I got Emerald...
Plat is my new main. diamond is storehouse for ubers and some EV'ed pokemon. Ruby/Firered/Whatever Are all storehouses.
Going to switch to
SS...

syvarris

Fuhrer
I use firered as my breeding house, love the giant square from celadon to saffron, which has no grass what so ever, four island is a pain in the ***** when breeding though. Platinum is my main, will switch to soulsilver, but it will be a pain considering i have every poke (barring event only ubers) in every evoltionary form, in box by number. Hopefully they will come out with a way to transfer them easily to soulsilver.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Right now, for WiFi battles, I've traded my team over to Platinum, however, Diamond is right now, still a main game for me. However, once I get SoulSilver, that will become my main game.

Orangefeather

After I beat platinum, I traded over most of my pokemon. Now I use platinum for battling and such, but I keep all my events and shinies on Diamond.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Pearl is my storage file, but Platinum is my main focus, and it will be replaced by SoulSilver.

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
I've got all of my main battling pokemon in diamond as after having the game for so much longer than Platinum it would take freakin AGES to transfer everything all over. Plus my main Battle Revolution file is based on my Diamond game so I kinda need to keep everything on that cart.

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
For the most part platinum is my big battling behemoth.

choc-ice

Diamond is where most of my pokemon are (including migrated pokemon from FR and Emerald) but I've been playing Platinum more often recently. SoulSilver will probably become my main game when I get it.

Aresol

Caring Wanderer
Pearl is still my main game, while I work on beefing up my Platinum version.
Of course though once the HGSS games come out I'll switch my focus to that, but I don't plan on abandoning my Pearl, still plenty I can do.

AncientMew

Training since 1998
When the Ranch update comes out it will be Plat, but for now it's Pearl, I trade a small amount of EVd Pokemon over if ever I wish to use the Battle Frontier, but I do all battles trades etc from Pearl.