• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Main PO Team

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
This team is completely adjustable (unless noted), so feel free to change anything you feel that you need that should be changed. I am all ears. :) So here it is.

094.gif

Gengar @ Life Orb
• Ability: Levitate
• Nature: Timid
• EVs: 252 SpAtt+Spd 4 HP
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
This Gengar is a good special Sweeper. Shadow Ball is for STAB, Focus Blast and Psychic is for coverage, and Giga Drain is for coverage and countering Gastrodon and Swampert.

Please do not Suggest
-SubDisable Gengar

485.gif

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
• Ability: Flash Fire
• Nature: Modest
• EVs: 252 SpAtt+Spd 4 Sdef
- Overheat/Fire Blast
- Flamethrower/Lava Plume/Dark Pulse
- HP Ice
- Earth Power
This thing is a PAINFUL revenge. HP Ice is for coverage and for those pesky dragons, Overheat+Flamethrower is for STAB (Overheat is for when I need the extra power, Flamethrower is when I don't need the power that Overheat gives me), and Earth Power is for more coverage and for countering other heatrans without Air Baloon/ with a popped one.

Please help me with
-Over Heat or Fire Blast?
-Flame, Lava Plume, or Dark Pulse?

Please do not Suggest
-Wall Heatran
-Take off Choice Scarf

381.gif

Latios @ Life Orb
• Nature: Timid
• EVs: 252 SpAtt+Spd 4 HP
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- HP Fire
- Surf
This my other special sweeper once it gets the hit, they're done. Draco Meteor+Psyshock are for STAB, HP Fire is for coverage and for countering Scizor and Fortress, and Surf is for coverage.

640.gif

Virizion @ Leftovers/Life Orb
• Ability: Justified
• Nature: Jolly
• EVs: 252 Att+Spd 4 HP
- Stone Edge
- Sword Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
This is one of my 2 main Physical Sweepers, not alot to say about it accept its your average SD Virizion. I chose Virizion out of the trio mostly to counter seed stallers (Whimiscott). Sword Dance is for power boost, Leaf Blade and Close Combat is for STAB, and Stone Edge is for coverage on Flying and Fire Types.

Please do not suggest
-Special Virizion

479-wash.gif

Wash Rotom @ Choice Scarf
• Nature: Modest
• EVs: 252 SpAtt, 144 Spd, 112 HP
- Volt Switch/Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- HP Grass
This is my other choice pokémon. Trick is to mess people up and to ditch the Choice Scarf, Hydro Pump is for STAB, Volt Switch is to escape when I need to and for STAB, and HP Grass is for Coverage and countering Swampert and Gastrodon.

212.gif

Scizor @ Life Orb/Leftovers
• Ability: Technician
• Nature: Adamant
• EVs: 252 Att, 126 Spd, 126 HP, 4 Sdef
- Sword Dance
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
My other Physical Sweeper, and a good lure for Heatran's Flash Fire. Sword Dance is for power boost, Bug Bite is for STAB, Superpower is for coverage and for countering Tyranitar, and finally Bullet Punch is for STAB and Priority.

Please Help Me With
-Leftovers or Life Orb?

Please do not suggest
-U-turn over Bug Bite

(Changes is bold but all names are too) That's it, so begin Rating!

Last edited:

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Scizor isn't going to outspeed a lot with 252 Spd EVs so might as well add half of that to HP or something. Maybe add HP [Fighting] on Gengar if you want accuracy over power.
Good point, also, Bullet Punch is the move I try to use when possible, so that does make more sense.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Really need a rate, so bump! Thanks everyone for rating!

Zaiker42

Intermediate Trainer
Whenever I use Gengar, I just run LO Sub/Sh. Ball/Focus Blast/Pain Split. I dunno if that would work for you, but I love that set.

Other than that I've got nothing to say except "Random Scizor on Sun team is random."

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Whenever I use Gengar, I just run LO Sub/Sh. Ball/Focus Blast/Pain Split. I dunno if that would work for you, but I love that set.

Other than that I've got nothing to say except "Random Scizor on Sun team is random."
This is not a sun team...

umm, maybe Pseudo BoltBeam over SubGengar. Give it HP Ice and Thunderbolt.
I need Energy Ball because if I take it off, then I only have one counter for Swampert and Gastrodon. I could replace Sub with something but what?

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
I need some more rates, so this is a bump.

Gengar's set should be:
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Thunderbolt/HP [Ice]

Shadow Ball and Focus Blast already get absolute coverage, so you won't need Psychic. Giga Drain over Energy Ball because it can heal (and only at the cost of 5 less power). The last move can be anything, really. It's your choice. A Wide Lens is also an option on Gengar if you dislike Focus Miss.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Giga Drain over Energy Ball can help Gengar out with some recovery. It pairs nicely with the LO. Psychic can stay, it's a good switch-in to Fighting attacks aimed at Heatran.

Rotom-W is confusing me. You got Trick but your item is Leftovers...

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Giga Drain over Energy Ball can help Gengar out with some recovery. It pairs nicely with the LO. Psychic can stay, it's a good switch-in to Fighting attacks aimed at Heatran.

Rotom-W is confusing me. You got Trick but your item is Leftovers...
Sorry, forgot to change that, my bad, it is supposed to be Choice Scarf

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Thanks, lets get some more rates!

harsha

Hey,

Cool team. I have a few suggestions to improve it, though. All the sets I recommend are at the end of my rate. I think a SubDisable Gengar over the current one you have now would benefit your team, as it already gets perfect coverage and can stop opponents from using moves that can harm your team. Also, it deals a lot of damage already. Now, most teams want hazards, and yours is no exception. Using a slower, Specially offensive set on Heatran with Stealth Rock would be very helpful. You already have fast sweepers, so there's no need for a Scarfed Heatran. The spread on Scizor should be more Specially Defensive, as you have nobody to take Draco Meteors. It should be as follows:
248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SpD
Since you have Swords Dance, you don't need many Attack EVs. Scizor will be boosting it anyways, and the ability to take in Special Attacks is much more important. Also, you should use Leftovers > Life Orb to compliment this.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
~ Stealth Rock
~ Earth Power
~ Hidden Power [Ice]
~ Overheat / Flamethrower

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature
~ Substitute
~ Disable
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast

On SubDisableGar, what you do is set up a Substitute that your opponent will break. Then use Disable so that they lose the move, and set up another Sub. Then you can keep attacking. Other than these changes, I think you have a pretty cool team. Good luck!

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Hey,

Cool team. I have a few suggestions to improve it, though. All the sets I recommend are at the end of my rate. I think a SubDisable Gengar over the current one you have now would benefit your team, as it already gets perfect coverage and can stop opponents from using moves that can harm your team. Also, it deals a lot of damage already. Now, most teams want hazards, and yours is no exception. Using a slower, Specially offensive set on Heatran with Stealth Rock would be very helpful. You already have fast sweepers, so there's no need for a Scarfed Heatran. The spread on Scizor should be more Specially Defensive, as you have nobody to take Draco Meteors. It should be as follows:

Since you have Swords Dance, you don't need many Attack EVs. Scizor will be boosting it anyways, and the ability to take in Special Attacks is much more important. Also, you should use Leftovers > Life Orb to compliment this.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
Timid / Modest Nature
~ Stealth Rock
~ Earth Power
~ Hidden Power [Ice]
~ Overheat / Flamethrower

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature
~ Substitute
~ Disable
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast

On SubDisableGar, what you do is set up a Substitute that your opponent will break. Then use Disable so that they lose the move, and set up another Sub. Then you can keep attacking. Other than these changes, I think you have a pretty cool team. Good luck!
I have been in too many situations where if the Heatran was not scarfed, I would not have been able to take out a sweeper that is giving me troubles. And I like the Gengar the way it is also, if Latios goes down, I have nothing to take out Fighting Types, and Heatran and Scizor can both tank Draco Meteors.
Thank you for the suggestions though.

uberheracross

The Ominous Breeze
I prefer U-turn over Bug Bite on scizor incase theres a nasty situation you want to get out of quickly and allows for more scouting.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
I prefer U-turn over Bug Bite on scizor incase theres a nasty situation you want to get out of quickly and allows for more scouting.
the only problem with that is that Scizor is too slow to be able to scout, and U-turn has less power, thank you for the suggestion though.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
I prefer Bug Bite because it gives me the most power out of all of the bug moves. Anymore rates?