• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Majesty

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Majesty
186.png
641-s.png
612.png
462.png
639.png
385.png

Hello, this is my BW2 RMT, named Majesty. It one of the better examples of a team in a fresh new metagame, although I won’t say it is one of the best teams in this metagame, because that would be simply untrue. It has served me pretty well on the showdown ladder, but in the completely fresh metagame that we face at the moment, every team is pretty bad, and has massive holes in it. I often find myself loosing to opposing rain teams, especially ones abusing spikes and Tornadus-T at the same time. I also have problems with agility Thundurus-T, but that is a given in this metagame, and I think I deal with it as best as I can. I suspect Thundurus-T will be banned soon anyway, so I won’t have to deal with it much more.

I personally think this is a pretty good team, for what it is. In future months, maybe even weeks, you'll look back at this and it'll probably be an awful team by then, but for now, it does well.

The team is a different sort of DragMag team. Magnezone takes out steels, then Haxorus and Tornadus-T can spam their STABs and be very effective at doing so. The rest support, Terrakion helps deal with Thundurus-T, Politoes gets rain up, and Jirachi helps with opposing Tornadus-T and Thundurus-T.

186.png

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Politoed is here, obviously, to get weather up. I use a Choice Specs set so that it can keep up with the momentum of the team, and can help me nab a few KOes on things, especially Tyranitar, who can't safely switch in on a Focus Blast. I decided to give a little of its speed for raw power, making those Hydro Pumps hit super-hard, making it very hard for anything to switch in on it. Focus Blast is there for Tyranitars and Ferrothorns, both of which are very hard to deal with, and it's helpful, often critical, to catch those off guard at the beginning of the game. The biggest downside to Focus Blast is its measly 70% accuracy, which often means that the set is given away. Ice Beam helps me hit Dragons hard, especially as they now have a new plethora of moves that they can abuse. Although they are less important to kill, Ice Beam also lets me hit Grass types for super-effective damage, often coming out in a clean KO. Finally, Hidden Power [Grass] is for Gastrodon that would otherwise completely wall Politoed.

I am tempted to put in an Expert Belt Politoed here, as it lets me feign a Choice set and tempt in those Ferrothorn and Terrakion, as well as Dragons. It also means that any Thundurus-T can't just come in and set up Agility and Nasty Plot on me when I'm using Hidden Power [Grass] or Focus Blast, which is very annoying, especially seeing as Thundurus-T is very good paired with with Ferrothorn.

462.png

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 216 Spd / 252 SAtk / 40 HP
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder

Magnezone is an amazing partner for both Tornadus-T and Haxorus. It lets me remove all the opponent's steels, which means that they can abuse Hurricanes or Outrages without any hesitation. I use the SubCharge Beam set because it lets me KO an extra thing after I've killed the Steel. Substitute means that Ferrothorn can't Leech Seed me, and I can KO something else after I have dealt with the Steel. Charge Beam has a good chance to raise my special attack, which is very useful. Hidden Power [Ice] lets me hit Dragons that come in after I've killed the Steel. Thunder lets me hit most steels very nicely, except for Ferrothorn, who I can wear down anyway. Thunder is a good Electric type STAB, especially seeing as I (should) have rain up.

216 Speed lets me outspeed both Scizor, and Heatran that plan to outspeed Scizor. This means that I can revenge low HP Heatran, and Scizor can't just Superpower me. The rest goes into Special Attack and Bulk.

641-s.png

Tornadus-Therian @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Choice Specs Tornadus-T is an amazing pokemon in the current metagame, as it can hit hard, fast, and only be resisted by steels and rocks, both of which are easy to deal with. Being one of the fastest pokemon in the metagame means that it can just spam those Hurricanes and not have to worry about anything, bar choice scarf pokemon. Regenerator also means that it can switch in and out, without having to worry about being hit by Stealth Rocks, because it can heal the damage off. Overall, this makes it a very effective sweeper. Focus Blast helps it get coverage without making it need to go mixed, and although it does loose accuracy, I prefer to have the power. U-turn lets me switch out, abusing Regenerator to heal myself. Hidden Power [Ice] gives me a last bit of coverage, even if it is slightly unnecessary, it does mean that Dragonite's sub is broken more easily.

The EV spread and ability are fairly obvious, Timid makes me as fast as possible, and the EVs maximise Speed and attacking power. I love this pokemon so much, because nothing can switch into it.

612.png

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Low Kick
- Aqua Tail

With BW2 out, Haxorus got a pretty big improvement. It now has access to Aqua Tail, making it better than Dragonite as a physical rain dragon sweeper, although Dragonite still can do mixed better. I decided to run a Dragon Dance set, because it has more raw power. A Lum Berry lets me set up on things that would like to burn me, such as Jellicent, and it also means that I can spam Outrages as much as I like, as the confusion won’t affect me. Low Kick is to deal with steels, mainly because they are mainly heavy, and I don't appreciate the attack drops left by Superpower. Aqua Tail hits hard due to rain support, and gives a nice alternative to Outrage when I don't want to lock myself into it.

I use a Jolly nature because it lets me outspeed Modest Thundurus-Ts at +0. I find this important, because it means I can often revenge them, and if they set up Agility and don’t use Hidden Power [Ice], then I can beat them too.

639.png

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Close Combat

Choice Scarf Terrakion is, unfortunately, the best check to Thundurus-T at the moment, and even then it isn’t completely reliable. The Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed a lot of the metagame, making it an ideal check to pokemon such as Keldeo, who won’t be able to deal with its STAB Close Combats very well. I use a Jolly nature to make sure that even Timid Thundurus –Ts don’t outspeed me. Stone Edge is a powerful STAB move that hits flying type pokemon very well. Rock Slide is a less powerful alternative; however it has better accuracy (although still not perfect). X-Scissor allows me to hit psychics harder, especially Celebi. Close Combat is the primary STAB, mainly because it has good accuracy and is resisted by less stuff. I generally use Terrakion as a revenge killer, because it doesn’t really have amazing power when it’s only scared. It is a very good revenge killer though, as people are generally unwilling to switch out of it, as band 2HKOes the metagame (or near enough) and it might be double dance.

The EV spread is pretty simple. Max Attack and max Speed. As I mentioned earlier, Jolly is to make sure that + Nature Thundurus-Ts don’t outspeed me.

385.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Substitute

Rain Abuse SubCM Jirachi. It’s a pretty good pokemon if you use it properly, although I often find that it is overwhelmed by powerful attackers before it manages to set up. It allows me to slowly sweep my way through teams, especially stall teams, who have a lot of trouble with SubCM Rachi. Calm Mind is obvious; it lets me boost my special stats. Psychic is a good STAB, and lets me hit as hard as possible on most things (harder than Psyshock would, and I can get past Blissey eventually anyway). Thunder is a great move, as it gives me coverage, and lets me paralyse random stuff. Substitute lets me bypass statuses, as well as ignore any pokemon trying to revenge kill me (as long as they don’t have two pokemon that can revenge Jirachi). Overall, this is a pretty good member to the team.

I run a bulky spread so that I can take as little damage as possible from the overwhelmingly specially based metagame. Max speed also means that I can get past things like neutral Thundurus without having to worry about them breaking my sub.

I am very tempted to replace this with a Specially Defensive Jirachi. It can help me paralyse stuff to make them weaker, and it would help me deal with the special attackers in BW2’s metagame. I am currently testing it out.

186.png
641-s.png
612.png
462.png
639.png
385.png

Thanks for taking the effort to read my RMT! I hope that you enjoyed it, and will express any improvements that you think would strengthen the team. I enjoy this new metagame a lot, and I hope that a lot of other people will too. I believe it’s a lovely change to the boring BW Metagame we had before. Again, thank you for reading!

Last edited:

Soperman

The One and Only
Overall a very solid team.
Only thing is, Jirachi looks incredibly redundant. As you don't have a solid Landorus-T counter, I would suggest getting one instead. It could probably destroy your entire team except for Tornadus, who can be dealt with in other ways. Maybe Mamo, who can OHKO Landorus with Ice Shard Life Orb and Two-hit KO Thunderus-T (one hit with Band or at +1).

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Overall a very solid team.
Only thing is, Jirachi looks incredibly redundant. As you don't have a solid Landorus-T counter, I would suggest getting one instead. It could probably destroy your entire team except for Tornadus, who can be dealt with in other ways. Maybe Mamo, who can OHKO Landorus with Ice Shard Life Orb and Two-hit KO Thunderus-T (one hit with Band or at +1).
The annoying thing about Mamoswine is that it would mean I had three pokemon weak to fighting moves, while only one pokemon resisting it. I'll test around with it though, and thanks!

If I find Mamoswine bad, then I might go for a Skarmory, because it could let me get hazards up and outright wall Landorus.

Xenevix

Some Guy
For Haxorus I would recommend Earthquake just because it still hit steels hard, Low Kick is easily avoided (Ghost types and light Pokemon), and Earthquake just gets way more coverage. It also destroys opposing Thunder spammers on other rain teams, i.e. Jolteon, Raikou. Earthquake also makes it easier to fight sun and sandstorm teams that are comprised mostly of things weak to ground, and since you have Aqua Tail the obvious Gliscor counter will fail.

And I agree with Soperman pertaining to Jirachi being redunant for reasons stated. For a replacement I would suggest some kind of hazard support such as Forretress, Ferrothorn, or Skarmory

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
You lose to Hazards + rioulu :)
You suck barebeller <3

I'll rate later
I hax Riolu with Jirachi, or just don't let it in, or just switch around with it so it can't copycat. I can't even remember the set, but I do have a way to stop it.

Also, I'm not bare. I have clothes. Barbeller, </3.

For Haxorus I would recommend Earthquake just because it still hit steels hard, Low Kick is easily avoided (Ghost types and light Pokemon), and Earthquake just gets way more coverage. It also destroys opposing Thunder spammers on other rain teams, i.e. Jolteon, Raikou. Earthquake also makes it easier to fight sun and sandstorm teams that are comprised mostly of things weak to ground, and since you have Aqua Tail the obvious Gliscor counter will fail.

And I agree with Soperman pertaining to Jirachi being redunant for reasons stated. For a replacement I would suggest some kind of hazard support such as Forretress, Ferrothorn, or Skarmory
I'll test around with Earthquake, it just leaves me very weak to Ferrothorn, which I am worried about.

I think Mamoswine might actually be working, although I'm not completely sure.

I hax Riolu with Jirachi, or just don't let it in, or just switch around with it so it can't copycat. I can't even remember the set, but I do have a way to stop it.

Also, I'm not bare. I have clothes. Barbeller, </3

Sorry mobile sucks haha
But if it roars vs another poke that isn't jirachi, then gg
I think it's roar / copycat / toxic / filler
Idk if mold breaker hax nullifies Prankster but if it doesn't, then gg!

edit: i would also like to say Tornadus-T isn't the fastest pocket monster in the Metagame :). Outsped by Jolteon and Weavile!

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Sorry mobile sucks haha
But if it roars vs another poke that isn't jirachi, then gg
I think it's roar / copycat / toxic / filler
Idk if mold breaker hax nullifies Prankster but if it doesn't, then gg!
I'll add Quick Attack to Terrakion then, so I can get priority against it. Can't update now, though.

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
You lack a good ground type switch in. A Skarmory could help alleviate this weakness. A physicallt defensive set will allow you to counter haxorus, and a specially defensive one will give you an easier time against tornadus. Either way you can beat landorus. Maybe try it over jirachi? You choice of hazards btw, SR is cool and all but spikes can let you hammer through with your offensive pokes

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
You lack a good ground type switch in. A Skarmory could help alleviate this weakness. A physicallt defensive set will allow you to counter haxorus, and a specially defensive one will give you an easier time against tornadus. Either way you can beat landorus. Maybe try it over jirachi? You choice of hazards btw, SR is cool and all but spikes can let you hammer through with your offensive pokes
Yeah, I'm in the process of getting rid of Jirachi. I'm thinking either Mamoswine or Skarmory.

You don't really need hazards to get an effective team. It's very useful, but it's not a neccesity.

edit: i would also like to say Tornadus-T isn't the fastest pocket monster in the Metagame :). Outsped by Jolteon and Weavile!
I have bad sources. I must check them in the future :/

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
whoa this team, has 5/6 mons from my RMT ._.
Oh yeah, it does haha. It plays differently though. I'm also replacing Jirachi. I'm making the final decision between Mamoswine and Skarmory, and I'll update this post with my decision.

Oh yeah, it does haha. It plays differently though. I'm also replacing Jirachi. I'm making the final decision between Mamoswine and Skarmory, and I'll update this post with my decision.

doing that will make you horribly Special Kingdra weak :)

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Draco Meteor vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Politoed: 81.37% - 95.96%
2 hits to KO

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Surf vs 40 HP/0 SpDef Magnezone: 100.34% - 118.56%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Dragon Pulse vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Haxorus: 155.1% - 182.65%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Surf vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Jirachi: 66.34% - 77.97%
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Surf vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Tornadus-T (-SpDef) : 108.7% - 128.43%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Surf vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Terrakion: 180.56% - 212.96%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Surf vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Mamoswine (-SpDef) : 249.31% - 293.35%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Surf vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Skarmory: 106.89% - 125.75%
Guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Draco Meteor vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Politoed: 81.37% - 95.96%
2 hits to KO

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Surf vs 40 HP/0 SpDef Magnezone: 100.34% - 118.56%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Dragon Pulse vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Haxorus: 155.1% - 182.65%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Surf vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Jirachi: 66.34% - 77.97%

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Surf vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Tornadus-T (-SpDef) : 108.7% - 128.43%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Surf vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Terrakion: 180.56% - 212.96%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Surf vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Mamoswine (-SpDef) : 249.31% - 293.35%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 SpAtk Life Orb Kingdra (+SpAtk) Surf vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Skarmory: 106.89% - 125.75%
Guaranteed OHKO
I'll have to play around it then, not letting rain up, if I add Mamoswine (which I think I will). Damn Kingdra.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Looks like i solid team to me and like you said Thundurus-T will give you problems also another jirachi with hp ice will give you some problems if magnezone dies unless you give haxours earthquake

also maybe putting hp ice on jirachi over sub may help you with thun t.

JASP01

Illust. Grand Master

2 hits to KO

Guaranteed OHKO

Guaranteed OHKO

Guaranteed OHKO

Guaranteed OHKO

Guaranteed OHKO

Guaranteed OHKO

Wai wai wai..... Majesty is weak to Kingdra?

So far the team looks pretty good, but is there no irony in that?