• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MAJOR APOLOGIES - Forums go wonko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hey guys

Just need to apologise, somehow earlier today, the forums went, for lack of a better word, wonko...the MySQL server wouldn't connect to the right socket and the apache just wouldnt run

Then when we fixed that, several of the forum's database tables were corrupted (specifically the post table which has every post in it) and it has taken us until now to fix them

I apologise for the inconvenience caused in the last 10 hours, especially as I know many of you wanted to discuss the new Platinum stuff and the new episode.

So I hope you accept my apologies for this matter, it was out of our control.

Thanks

~Serebii

AWWW! O:

It's okay. Glad to see it's working again, though :3. A day without SPPf is a ew day for me. <~ Anyway, thanks! -hugs+fluffs- <3

Prof_Ookami

1461-3724-2185
wow. you guys have shown major dedication to fixing all that. good job!

firepokemon

Fire and Ice
Yay just next time don't let your Hops start making scripts so if someone says, "I take it the forums are still down" it doesn't k/b. Irritating scripts must die. It was early and I was groggy.

jiang

Toguro-sama's 100%
it is alright, me glad it is now fixed... thanks! and good job!

ferrariguy1000

Pearlshipping guy
"no need to worry" LOL. at least it works again. I can wait as long as you want if it's down again.

firepokemon said:
Yay just next time don't let your Hops start making scripts so if someone says, "I take it the forums are still down" it doesn't k/b. Irritating scripts must die.

what's a script?

Manaphyman

Up all night
Manaphyman here, just wanted to say thank you for keeping me informed and responding to me on chat. I apprecaite no tonly that, but you fixing the forums!

Have a good one.

Manaphyman

Up all night
Manaphyman here, just wanted to say thank you for keeping me informed and responding to me on chat. I apprecaite no tonly that, but you fixing the forums!

Have a good one.

I'm glad it was fixed.
I stayed at the chat for some time when it was down but everyone was directed to it and a bunch of random people were spamming it up.

firepokemon

Fire and Ice
what's a script?

A script is something that hops/ops have in the chatroom, so if certain words are mentioned it will kick people off and typically its made so that it bans as well. Its an auto-kick thing. Now some bright hop decided since OMG they were being annoyed by people asking whats with the forums, decided to make a special script so anyone saying it would be kicked/banned. Unfortunately too many hops in that channel, think their scripts are great. When mostly they're retarded with stupid kick messages. Some scripts are always needed, ie. caps script, no advertising script. But the hops are getting silly and setting up scripts for everything. Its worse in #spp-wifi that's for sure. Basically #spp relies too much on scripts than it does people actually looking over the chat. Now you can't expect people to be active all the time, that's for sure. But one can't be reliant on scripts either.

Zora

perpetually tired
It's okay, we're used to this forum not functioning at top speed now :p (Ya ya, maybe that was uncalled for)

But it's okay. Crap happens.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
It was down for 10 hours? Wow, I only noticed it was down a couple of hours ago then I logged on a few minutes ago XP

Well, glad to know it's fixed now. And the new Platinum news is very exciting :D

WhipIt

Munchlax sez hai!
Yay! Forum's back!

Brado

Bawlin'
Most forums spend weeks fixing problems like this, it just shows that you guys try hard with the site.

Nice one guys =]

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
>.< Aaargh!
That's better. What I wanted to say is I don't know whether its just me but I still can't edit posts.

P.S. However frustrating Serebii being offline is, I'm impressed by how fast you fixed it, well done.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Joe, after doing all this crap, you should have a rest or something, mate. Unless it was all done by slave labour, in which case, whip them harder next time >O

firepokemon: Yes, we know the new ops are low-quality compared to the old ones. Can't do **** about it though, jack.

Blazios

I didn't see the news until this announcement. >_> Errors can't be helped, even though certain people in the chat make you want to FALCONE PALM!

Status
Not open for further replies.