• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Major Forum Upgrade Incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've heard you are making mobile layouts for serebii, Well If you do, Please make it 3ds stable, I already have problems loading this layout...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi, I've heard you are making mobile layouts for serebii, Well If you do, Please make it 3ds stable, I already have problems loading this layout...

XenForo has a mobile layout, whether it works on 3DS or not I have no idea, and we wont be putting in any work to make it 3DS compatible. The 3DS is really not meant to browse the web.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Has there been a specific time the forums will go down yet (and when will that be in U.S. time)?

And also how long is the estimated time for the upgrade to finish and for the forums to come back online?

Vipsoccermaster

Has there been a specific time the forums will go down yet (and when will that be in U.S. time)?

And also how long is the estimated time for the upgrade to finish and for the forums to come back online?
None at all. All Serebii said is Saturday night. Assuming Joe means Saturday night according to HIS local time, being in the United Kingdom, it would be around early Saturday afternoon for the United States. No clue how long the process will take, but it shouldn't be that long.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
When the forums are fully upgraded, will we keep all our posts, post counts and rank?

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Sounds awesome, looking forward to it! (Also totally gonna second the request for a higher character limit, heh.)

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Any set time as to when to expect the update begin so people trying to post won’t be suddenly surprised when they are kicked off half way through typing a reply?

I appreciate the big heads up, and answering my Questions! One last question I have for now is this: Will members still be able to chat with each other while the upgrade is taking place? I don’t care if I can’t RP, I just wanna be able to chat with (the only active) friend I have on here. If not, then we’ll have to try and use Discord of Skype or something to communicate while the upgrade happens.

And desktop versions, I always use the Desktop site of any website on my phone. I’m use used to it that way.

I can’t think of any more questions at the moment...so thanks for all that info! Really helps me to be prepared!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I appreciate the big heads up, and answering my Questions! One last question I have for now is this: Will members still be able to chat with each other while the upgrade is taking place? I don’t care if I can’t RP, I just wanna be able to chat with (the only active) friend I have on here. If not, then we’ll have to try and use Discord of Skype or something to communicate while the upgrade happens.

And desktop versions, I always use the Desktop site of any website on my phone. I’m use used to it that way.

I can’t think of any more questions at the moment...so thanks for all that info! Really helps me to be prepared!

The forum will be completely unavailable during the uograde.

Status
Not open for further replies.