• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Major League Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://i39.*******.com/1z56g5z.gif

:617: Sign up now to be a team manager for a Major League Pokemon WiFi Association! :617:

The MLP has 3 teams available! Sign up now! Each team is fully run by one owner (one user) who drafts their pokemon, makes trades to improve their team, and fights other teams using the pokemon on theirs. The cool thing about this association as compared to others is that each pokemon only appears on one team in the whole league; it's like the MLB or NBA, or other sports leagues in that the players can be traded, released to free agency, drafted, or signed, except that the players are species of pokemon!

Each team will have a maximum roster of 10 pokemon; these are the only species of pokemon allowed on the team. Only 6 will compete in each battle. There will only be one of each species of pokemon in the league; for example, if team A has Scizor on its roster, then no other team can use Scizor on their team. Different species in an evolution chain still count as different species.

Draft​
The first thing that will happen will be a draft. There will be 10 rounds of the draft, so each team can draft 10 species of pokemon for their roster. The draft will be serpentine, so the order of drafting will flip each round. The person who drafted last in round 1 will draft first in round 2, last in round 3, first in round 4, etc. Pokemon with alternate forms only count as one species; Rotom is the only exception. All the Rotom forms count as different pokemon species.

Roster Management​
Again, the only pokemon species allowed to be used on each team are the ones on that team's roster. Each team gets to have up to 10 pokemon species on the roster, with a minimum of 6. Pokemon remaining undrafted at the end of the draft can be signed as "free agents" on a first-come first-serve basis. If you want to add a free agent to your team, you must post that you wish to do so in this thread.
Teams may trade pokemon species with each other. For example, if a team has Ferrothorn and Scizor, and wishes to acquire a pokemon who can help negate the fire weakness, they may trade Scizor away to a different team in exchange for Rotom-W, for example. The number of pokemon traded away do not need to be the same as the number received, although the number of pokemon on the team roster must stay between 6 and 10. If a team has 10 pokemon and makes a 1-for-2 trade, they must release one pokemon on their roster into free agency to keep their roster under the size limit.

League Play Rules​
Each team will have to play each other team once in the regular season. There are 11 teams, so each team will play 10 games, one against each other team. The results of each game must be posted on this thread, and wins and losses will be recorded in some form of standings. After the end of the regular season, the top 6 teams in the league will compete in the playoffs, a tournament for the league championship. Playoff rounds will be best of three; Teams will play each other up to three times in a row to decide who moves on to the next round. The top 2 teams in the league in the regular season will receive a first-round bye. A schedule and standings, along with playoff seeding and more, will be decided as the league drafts and begins.

Rules for Battles: Standard OU Single Wi-Fi Battles
Sleep Clause
Species Clause
OHKO Clause
Evasion Clause
No Hacks- this means no pokegen or pokesav. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to train your pokemon to level 100.
No Ubers
No Hax Items
Disconnecting counts as a forfeit and a loss
MLP Clause: you may only use pokemon found on your roster

Teams
trailblazers- Portland Panthers
SoMaPoKiTo- Gensokyo Puppets
icyman300- Miami Party Wreckers
EoTN- Orre's Legacy
Lasien
Billy Mays- Ponyville Applebuckers
tayetayetv1
shadow130690- Boston Assassins
Rockstar19958
MangoSplash- Orlando Knights
CelticOrigins- Celtic Warriors

Any suggestions for improving the idea of the league and the quality of this thread are much appreciated. I hope lots of users will join!

League Owner Rule (Amendment 2): If a league owner is inactive for more than two weeks (doesn't draft, doesn't battle, doesn't post a reason for absence, etc.) then the team may be given to another owner.

Draft Board

Draft Rule (Amendment 1): If you do not pick within 24 hours of the last pick, the automatic pick will be the next-most used pokemon on Smogon Online over the last three months.
Draft Rule (Amendment 2): You may go back and change your pick to any pokemon that hasn't been taken yet. This includes auto picks, so if you miss your pick, now it's not like getting a random pokemon, and instead it's just letting other people who are available draft before you.

First Round​
1. shadow130690- Politoed ;186;
2. trailblazers- Dragonite ;149;
3. Billy Mays- Blissey ;242;
4. EoTN- Espeon ;196;
5. SoMaPoKiTo- Jellicent :593:
6. icyman300- Scizor ;212;
7. Lasien- Latios ;381;
8. tayetayetv1- Tyranitar ;248;
9. Rockstar19958- Haxorus :612:
10. MangoSplash- Weavile ;461;
11. CelticOrigins- Kyurem :646:

Second Round​
12. CelticOrigins- Metagross ;376;
13. MangoSplash- Arcanine ;059;
14. Rockstar19958- Lucario ;448;
15. tayetayetv1- Ferrothorn :598:
16. Lasien- Skarmory ;227;
17. icyman300- Mamoswine ;473;
18. SoMaPoKiTo- Landorus :645:
19. EoTN- Starmie ;121;
20. Billy Mays- Virizion :640:
21. trailblazers- Hydreigon :635:
22. shadow130690- Latias ;380;

Third Round​
23. shadow130690- Piloswine ;221;
24. trailblazers- Mienshao :620:
25. Billy Mays- Nidoking ;034;
26. EoTN- Lucario ;448;
27. SoMaPoKiTo- Jolteon ;135;
28. icyman300- Tentacruel ;073;
29. Lasien- Scrafty :560:
30. tayetayetv1- Salamence ;373;
31. Rockstar19958- Gyarados ;130;
32. MangoSplash- Gallade ;475;
33. CelticOrigins- Magnezone ;462;

Fourth Round​
34. CelticOrigins- Volcarona :637:
35. MangoSplash- Alakazam ;065;
36. Rockstar19958- Reuniclus :579:
37. tayetayetv1- Infernape ;392;
38. Lasien- Tornadus :641:
39. icyman300- Forretress ;205;
40. SoMaPoKiTo- Jirachi ;385;
41. EoTN- Donphan ;232;
42. Billy Mays- Ninjask ;291;
43. trailblazers- Roserade ;407;
44. shadow130690- Conkeldurr :534:

Fifth Round​
45. shadow130690- Vaporeon ;134;
46. trailblazers- Dugtrio ;051;
47. Billy Mays- Heracross ;214;
48. EoTN- Gastrodon ;423;
49. SoMaPoKiTo- Venusaur ;003;
50. icyman300- Chansey ;113;
51. Lasien- Whimsicott :547:
52. tayetayetv1
53. Rockstar19958
54. MangoSplash
55. CelticOrigins

Consecutive Draft Picks Missed- (Miss 3 consecutive rounds of drafting and your team can be taken over by a new owner)

trailblazers- 0
SoMaPoKiTo- looking for new owner
icyman300- looking for new owner
EoTN- 1
Lasien- 0
Billy Mays- 0
tayetayetv1- 1
shadow130690- looking for new owner
Rockstar19958- 0
MangoSplash- 0
CelticOrigins- 1

Pokemon being saved for a draft next year:
Cloyster, Celebi, Gengar, Breloom, Gliscor, Flygon, Ninetales, Rotom-W, Terrakion, Jirachi, Heatran

Last edited:

Tman109ner

Razzled Not Dazzled
You can sign me up!

Ninja Dog

Banned
I'm in as well.

SoMaPoKiTo

Back from the Grave!
Alright, you got this up and running! Count me in! :D

EoTN

Is this wi-fi only? If so, sign me up, but if not... Well, I can't do PO.

Do we get to pick team names?

Last edited:

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
Count me in!!! Is it PO or wifi though?

Rhonder

I'm assuming this is WiFi, but I want to join anyways~ I've been working to get a wifi team done anyways, and this'd be good motivation to kick my butt into gear XD

It's great that people are showing interest and signing up! It will be all WiFi, and flat battles unless there are objections (remember that it would be really hard to get all your species up to level 100, so level 50 sounds good).

Trainers signed up so far (Pick a team city and name! For example, my team will be the Portland Pines)
Tman109ner
Pika ruler
SoMaPoKiTo
icyman300
EoTN
pokefielder
Lasien
XxOshwhatxX
HyperLugia
Billy Mays

John Wallrein, this will be WiFi not Pokemon Online, so tell me if you still want to do it.

Seeing as we already have 12 or 13 teams, this is great. I think we could wait until we had 20 teams, then I'll give you more information about the draft. Thanks for signing up!

Last edited:

Ninja Dog

Banned
If its wifi then I'm not doing it.

SoMaPoKiTo

Back from the Grave!
I'm assuming this is WiFi, but I want to join anyways~ I've been working to get a wifi team done anyways, and this'd be good motivation to kick my butt into gear XD
^
Although I'll probably wait until drafting begins.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
So it has to be U.S. cities or can it be cities of other countries or fictional cities?

Any city, US or international, real or fictional, up to you! For instance... the Nimbasa Thunder?

Rhonder

Hmm, in that case I'll use one of my own personal cities out of my story XD The Mesellicety Masters!

Status
Not open for further replies.