• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Major Pokémon game to be announced this month / Temporary Discussion of GSDS Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tf5174

Major Pokémon game to be announced this month / Temporary Discussion of GSDS Remake

Several media outlets have revealed that the announcement of a major, popularly-discussed Pokémon game will be made later this month. Pokémon Sunday is set to unveil the title May 10.

The show's official Web site describes the contents of next week's episode as "a worldwide first announcement and a worldwide first big scoop". The upcoming issues of CoroCoro and Nintendo Dream, which are Japanese magazines, have likewise been disclosed and are known to contain information regarding a "much-talked-about big title", although it is not directly stated that a Pokémon game is involved. Both magazine issues will be released after the airing of Pokémon Sunday.

Based on the fact the game is said to have been the center of much speculation, many fans believe that the announcement will pertain to two titles: the Pokémon Gold and Silver remakes. It is also theorized that Junichi Masuda will appear on the show to make the announcement, since he did so both last month and the month prior in regard to other game-related scoops

Pokemon Sunday, an official Japanese television show that discusses the latest in the Pokemon world, is announcing on their website's episode synopsis that May 10th's episode will feature a major, world-first announcement.

While this announcement could literally be about anything, it might be an official announcement of the next Pokemon game considering the timing. If a Gold and Silver remake were to come out this year (which is likely based on the Johto starters being in the 12th movie and other hints), they would probably hit store shelves in November, the 10th anniversary of the original Gold and Silver. Thus, an announcement of the remakes' existence would need to be made earlier in the year to let people know when they are coming out and to start fan hype. Historically, this time of the year is when new games have been announced, so we'll know the truth soon!

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Major_Pokémon_game_to_be_announced_this_month

I wonder what is it.

Last edited:

Cruisercard

Bulbapedia? You do know anyone can edit that right?

LordVatek9

Legendary Collector

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Well, announced =/= released.

It'll probably be 4-6 months before whatever game that's announced will come out.

Bulbapedia? You do know anyone can edit that right?
This news post was also made by a guy who has a hard-on for GS remakes.
So, yeah, obviously he wrote it with his own biases. Although I do think that's probably what it will be.

Greggles

Hmm, Bulbapedia as a main source isn't that great. However, if this proves to be true, my vote goes for a gold / silver remake. Gold/silver probably was my favorite generation, because you could go between Kanto and Johto, and grab 16 badges instead of 8. I always wonder why we couldn't travel to the past regions in Diamond / Pearl...

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
This made me laugh though:

Thus, an announcement of the remakes' existence would need to be made earlier in the year to let people know when they are coming out and to start fan hype

Like....what every company ever does.

Manchee

extra toasty
I never said it was. I meant, because Explorers of the Sky was announced and released so recently, it seems a bit surprising to learn that yet another new Pokemon game is about to be announced in a week, should this information be true.

Yeah, but if it does happen to be a G/S/C remake (I'm not saying it will/won't be, nor am I saying how I feel on the topic), the game creators have probably been working on how to create the game, what to add, and all that crap, and are most likely working on it atm so it can be released.

Anyway, since the news post does say it's a major game, I'm betting it's the long-awaited/drawn-out/etc etc or something totally new in the media.

All we can realyl do now is wait until next Sunday when the news on Bulbanews said it would be announced as to what game it is.

//BA\\

Thriller

Its almost time
If it's not GSDS (which I am dyeing for, wanted to play some Johto a few weeks ago but all 3 of my Johto games are dead) I hope it's a real 3D RPG. Colosseum & XD didn't do the cries for 3D RPG's justice.

If it's not GSDS (which I am dyeing for, wanted to play some Johto a few weeks ago but all 3 of my Johto games are dead) I hope it's a real 3D RPG. Colosseum & XD didn't do the cries for 3D RPG's justice.

Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure it's Wii title. I grew up with the second generation; I want Gold and Silver remakes more than anything. But the chances that we'll ever get one is low. When it's already possible to obtain nearly every Pokemon, minus certain events, with ease in the fourth generation, you realize that there just is no point for a remake.

On the other hand, the Wii has only one Pokemon title, and it'd be just the right time to announce a sequel of sorts to Battle Revolution.

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
It's obviously a G/S Remake. I'm 100% sure it is, And if I'm wrong then let anyone who disagrees against me PM me and laff at my misery and failure after the announcement :(......I'm that sure its gonna be announced.

Unless this is fake, im going to say the same it was a matter of time and gamefreak knows itll make a ton off of this anyway

Thriller

Its almost time
On the other hand, the Wii has only one Pokemon title, and it'd be just the right time to announce a sequel of sorts to Battle Revolution.

I hope it isn't a sequel to Battle Revolution. I haven't even bothered with that game yet because I think it's crap. There hasn't been any decent 3D Battling games since Stadium 2.

But you know what I want? Snap - Bloody - 2.

Chaos Slash

Lord of Torture
I believe this is true due to the fact that the official site announced this...

I really hope its the G/S/C remake. There are like a ton of hins that there will be a remake and its long overdue. Also, it is the season where all the major games are being announced. If it is a G/S/C remake, it might night come out until Late October to Early December in Japan.

SteelMetagross

Certified Trainer
I think it might be a G/S remake, after years of fans complaining they probably just sat down and said "let's make it so they will shut up!". but for now the only thing we can do is wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.