• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Major Pokémon game to be announced this month / Temporary Discussion of GSDS Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manchee

extra toasty
If it is a G/S/C remake, it might night come out until Late October to Early December in Japan.

I'm pretty sure it would only take 4-6 months like Korobooshi Kojiro said, most likely around August-October.

I think it might be a G/S remake, after years of fans complaining they probably just sat down and said "let's make it so they will shut up!". but for now the only thing we can do is wait and see.

wtf? Why would a company do something like that for the sole reason to "shut them up"? The G/S/C remakes are of almost extreme demand, so if they decided to create the game, my guess is that it'd be more for a major income of money that the games would bring.

//BA\\

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Probably October if it's a GS remake.

To coincide with the original Japanese release, like how FR/LG came out the same day as Red and Green did, 10 years later.

Please let it be a gs remake

Don't hold your breath.

I hope it isn't a sequel to Battle Revolution. I haven't even bothered with that game yet because I think it's crap. There hasn't been any decent 3D Battling games since Stadium 2.

But you know what I want? Snap - Bloody - 2.

Battle Revolution is crap, but it made a hell lot of money, and that's all the motivation Nintendo needs to make a sequel.

Snap 2... yeah, I don't think there's any chance we'll ever have that.

I believe this is true due to the fact that the official site announced this...

I really hope its the G/S/C remake. There are like a ton of hins that there will be a remake and its long overdue. Also, it is the season where all the major games are being announced. If it is a G/S/C remake, it might night come out until Late October to Early December in Japan.

Well, the announcement is surely real, but all those "hints" you've been picking up are just references. The two are completely different.

I think it might be a G/S remake, after years of fans complaining they probably just sat down and said "let's make it so they will shut up!". but for now the only thing we can do is wait and see.

If it is a remake, it was made for money and money only. Not to "shut" us up.

Manchee

extra toasty
Korobooshi Kojiro said:
To coincide with the original Japanese release, like how FR/LG came out the same day as Red and Green did, 10 years later.

FR/LG came out different days for each of the areas that released it, actually. Red and Green came out in February while FR/LG came out in January. And the dates weren't close either, almost a month apart. Sorry to ruin your little inspection/assumption thingy ><

And like people have said about it being a Wii title... ugh, I think it would do worse in selling because of so many people being excited that this may be the unveiling of a G/S/C remake - right now all the remake-hyped members are probably going crazy, and would mostly likely go on a killing spree if they found out that the game was not what they have been fantasizing about :p

//BA\\

pela

FR/LG came out different days for each of the areas that released it, actually. Red and Green came out in February while FR/LG came out in January. And the dates weren't close either, almost a month apart. Sorry to ruin your little inspection/assumption thingy ><

And like people have said about it being a Wii title... ugh, I think it would do worse in selling because of so many people being excited that this may be the unveiling of a G/S/C remake - right now all the remake-hyped members are probably going crazy, and would mostly likely go on a killing spree if they found out that the game was not what they have been fantasizing about :p

//BA\\
bahaha killing spree sooo funny i literally was rolling on the floor

now to the main point.Although i think there is gonna be a GS remake due to all the OBVIOUS hints, i dont think we are going to hear about it right now (i mean it hasnt even been two months since plat), its more possible that we get another 3D game either like Stadiums Or XD, i just hope its not as crapy.

GiovanniWilliamsonTroyBoy

I guess it's not longer a long shot to assume we can all safely bet that this glimpse of excitement may actually be the Gold and Silver remakes. :)

Black Diaruga

Chahuistle
Bulbanews said:
Several media outlets have revealed that the announcement of a major, popularly-discussed Pokémon game will be made later this month. Pokémon Sunday is set to unveil the title May 10.
Major and popularly discussed? I think they are the remakes.
Seriously, I hope (and am almost sure) they are.

...And if they aren't, I'm going to feel stupid annoyed.

Manchee

extra toasty
Now to the main point. Although I think there is going to be a GS remake due to all the OBVIOUS hints, I don't think we are going to hear about it right now (I mean it hasn't even been two months since Platinum). It's more possible that we get another 3D game either like Stadiums or XD - I just hope its not as crappy.

The "hints" aren't obvious, nor are they even comfirmed as hints until actual and credible information comes along saying that a remake is - or will be - in the works; right now it's all just complete coincidences picked at by the fans and speculators. And the part about Platinum just coming out? That doesn't matter, and Explorers of the Sky came out even more recently. This announcement is purely what is say it will be - an announcement of a major Pokémon game, not an actual release. There would still have to be the completion of the game before something is released >< I also highly doubt the creators would have kept something like this is the dust for so long wihtout someone knowing anyway.

//BA\\

bahaha killing spree sooo funny i literally was rolling on the floor

now to the main point.Although i think there is gonna be a GS remake due to all the OBVIOUS hints, i dont think we are going to hear about it right now (i mean it hasnt even been two months since plat), its more possible that we get another 3D game either like Stadiums Or XD, i just hope its not as crapy.

REFERENCES. They're not goddamn hints.

And Platinum has only been released for two months here. In Japan, it was released around half a year ago.

Manchee

extra toasty
Major and popularly discussed? I think they are the remakes.
Seriously, I hope (and am almost sure) they are.

...And if they aren't, I'm going to feel stupid annoyed.

But like Korobooshi Kojiro said, the person who wrote that article is a fan of the possible remakes as well, and could just be overreacting or somthing along the lines of it. I'm not saying it's wrong, just that it could be blown way out of proportion like the tabloids about Jon Gosslin being with another woman or Brad and Angelina breaking up (these are in America, so you might not know what I am talking about).

And Platinum has only been released for two months here. In Japan, it was released around half a year ago.

Exactly. That proves my point even further.

//BA\\

SteelMetagross

Certified Trainer
wtf? Why would a company do something like that for the sole reason to "shut them up"? The G/S/C remakes are of almost extreme demand, so if they decided to create the game, my guess is that it'd be more for a major income of money that the games would bring.

//BA\\
I know it would be for the income, I was just joking about the "shut up" thing....

Dawnkey Kawng

I have a feeling its going to end up as Pokemon Battle Revolution 2. Since Platinum came out they would have to make a sequel to make it suitable for Platinum. It could be a Pokemon Gold/Silver remake, though.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
Just watch, it'll end up being 'Pokemon Puzzle League 2' or something...

Puzzle League was American made, so no.

Seriously, though. Notched Ear Pichu, Johto Starters in the movie 12 Poster and now this. Anyone who still has doubts needs to wake the hell up and stop being in denial.

BCVM22

and now this.

Really? What is "this", exactly? An announcement of an announcement?

When (if) the games are announced (maybe this is just an announcement that they're going to announce another announcement later), then you can tell people to wake up. Until then, you having nothing but announcements of announcements of announcements of notifications of announcements.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I will shead tears of joy if its a G/S remake

Manchee

extra toasty
Since Platinum came out they would have to make a sequel to make it suitable for Platinum. It could be a Pokemon Gold/Silver remake, though.

Who says? Honestly, if they made every game so it could be better suited for another game, they would have craploads of games by now :\

Seriously, though. Notched Ear Pichu, Johto Starters in the movie 12 Poster and now this. Anyone who still has doubts needs to wake the hell up and stop being in denial.

Eh, I wouldn't say I'm in denial, I'm just trying to be somewhat sensible. I honestly think this could be the announcement for remakes, but does anyone really know for certain? I know there's probably a 99.9% chance to believe this is the announcement, but we don't and won't know until next Sunday.

//BA\\

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
The fact that Pokemon Sunday is hiding information about the announcement in two paper mache looking balls that are colored Gold and Silver is the only thing that strikes me as odd. If you haven't seen the pictures go to the bulbapedia site and click the link. That is the only real reason that I'm holding out any hope for this being G/S remakes.

Black Diaruga

Chahuistle
Buraddo_Aipom said:
But like Korobooshi Kojiro said, the person who wrote that article is a fan of the possible remakes as well, and could just be overreacting or somthing along the lines of it. I'm not saying it's wrong, just that it could be blown way out of proportion
Ok, I understand that. But if the announcement's actual words were "popularly discussed", I think it is enough reason to think they are the remakes, unless they meant another popularly discussed game (what other game could be considered as "popularly discussed"?).
But if whoever gave the original news didn't actually say "popularly discussed", then I have no clue as to what it could be.

Burado_Aipom said:
like the tabloids about Jon Gosslin being with another woman or Brad and Angelina breaking up (these are in America, so you might not know what I am talking about).
You're right, I don't know what you're talking about.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
Let me repeat myself so that BCVM can comprehend without acting like an ***.

Notched Ear Pichu
Johto Starters on the poster
This article, which I FORGOT (get the message?) to mention has information about the next Pokemon Sunday episode, which just happens to have GOLD and SILVER balls hanging from the top.
And pretty much the various references in D/P/Pt.

So yeah, it's inevitable. Don't know what else it would be. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.