• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Major Service Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ok guys, heres the deal

I have to bring unfortunate news. Our current data center is havign a go at us because of the usage we're using on the forums. We're working on a new server but in the mean time, as we need more space for the super project, there are many things that have to be done.

Firstly, I have been instructed to PURGE avatars. Thats right, all 6000 avatars are to go.

Custom Titles are also taking up valuable space on the server so I have turned them off and in a day or two will run the script to reset everyone's user title to their generic one.

Sigs have also been cut down, the new limit is 40 characters and you cannot have any images whatsoever in them and very little formatting, you still need some individuality on these forums. You all have two weeks to edit your sig to these specifications before the mods get their ban sticks out and start offering infraction points out for those not following suit. 20 per infraction.

Many forums are going to go as well to make room. Many of which will be subject to a public vote that I shall put up tomorrow but there are several that are guaranteed to go including Shipping, all Poll forums, Debates, Face-Offs and Clubs. Those specific forums are going to go Monday Morning

Profile Pictures can now only be seen by you but have got a new size limit upon them so that they don't use too much space, you do need individually afterall.

Images are also being processed on the server for some reason so we've decided that disabling the ability to display images inline is the best course of action

I am really sorry but these changes have to be made.

Hope you all have a nice weekend

~Serebii

Last edited:

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
This is a joke..right...RIGHT?!?!

Sir Crocodile

Arcanite Reaper HO!
Wow... I wonder if he actually expects anyone to believe him...

Sir Crocodile

Arcanite Reaper HO!
Lol, fine. I'll just have to take out my Guy Fawkes mask and become known as V. The Parliament of Serebii is goin' DOWN.

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
Yeah, what is actually going on though... My sig pic and avi hve gone :( (so I guess not April Fools).
Or is this some weird thing... Hello?

Elementman-Novapoke

*cough* *choke* *wheeze* *cough*
Sorry 'bout that, i'm allergic to BS, and dust.
So, it just happens that it happens the day before AFD / APD for some people.

Ha, bloody ha.

fhqwhgads

This could very well be real, he's told us before we're almost going over our limit. Don't just bash it because of April Fools.

Myzou

I'm removing my sig just in case, but I saved the code =P

If it is not an april fools joke (I'll give 2 weeks for an announcement =p) I will be leaving serebiiforums XD 40 characters is WAY too small =p

Status
Not open for further replies.