• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Make Room For Gloom! (070)

NPT

Just a member
This was an OK filler episode. I wasn't too impressed with it, but did I like Florinda... she was cute. Brock, as usual fell in love with her and tried to impress her, but ended up getting heartbroken after seeing Florinda and Potter together. It's ironic of Ash to tell Brock that he's going to meet many girls that'd reject him, which turned out to be true. Bulbasaur smelling the plant and getting high was kinda funny.

Last edited:
Hilarious how Bulbasaur was being after sniffing the Pokenip. :)
Bulbasaur and Gloom were adorable together.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I cackled when Mr. Mime made Pikachu zap Ash in the morning. Anyway, I really liked the greenhouse setting, and seeing Bulbasaur get decent screen-time was cool. I wasn't exactly pleased with Bulbasaur's crush on Gloom though. I felt really sad for Brock at the end; seeing Florinda confess her love to Potter just made me cringe.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well as a fan of grass types I was happy to see Ash's Bulbasaur get focus and Gloom was cute hee hee. I liked how Team Rocket invaded the plant nursery and how they even made a fake Leaf stone. :3

Gillachu

Banned
The chick's Gloom should've at least evolved. It would've been epic if she had evolved into Bellossom as a kind of sneak peek for Gen 2.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
In this episode, Pikachu uses Bite...without actually using it. He bites Jessie's arm. I think the "Chu"s should all be able to learn Bite. They are mice, which are rodents, and as such must constantly gnaw on hard surfaces to keep their incisors from growing too big. I think animal-like Pokemon should learn more moves that emulate behavior of their real-life counterparts (like Growlithe and Arcanine learning Lick, mammalian Pokemon in general learning Milk Drink, etc.).

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The chick's Gloom should've at least evolved. It would've been epic if she had evolved into Bellossom as a kind of sneak peek for Gen 2.

Well I think I read somewhere that the writers didn't even know about Bellossom until they started working on the second film, so Gloom evolving into one here wasn't plausible. ^^;

Gillachu

Banned
Well I think I read somewhere that the writers didn't even know about Bellossom until they started working on the second film, so Gloom evolving into one here wasn't plausible. ^^;

In that case, that's too bad. An evolution and new Pokemon debut could've saved this episode...

Leonhart

Imagineer
Barrierd and Satoshi suddenly competing against each other to do Hanako's errand was priceless, even more than Fushigidane's attraction to Rindou Murasame's Kusaihana. Speaking of which, the Murasame botanical garden looked charming, and I felt particularly bad when Takeshi was rejected by Rindou because she loved Iwakaze.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Yaaasss, I liked this episode, although they made that Florinda girl seem a little bit too pathetic when it came to battling lol. It was funny to see Meowth in those Japanese style clothes making the "Paralyzing Bomb", which was a smart idea.

ZilverLox

Banned
I liked Brock getting rejected again and Ash trying to cheer him up. Ash should've helped out his mother instead of running away like that because she brought him into this world.

_LightMeww_

When we saw Bulbasaur fall in love with the botanist chick's Gloom, I feared that he was going to be released here. Thinking back, I wish he could have evolved into Ivysaur here at least as a sign of progress.

Leonhart

Imagineer
When we saw Bulbasaur fall in love with the botanist chick's Gloom, I feared that he was going to be released here. Thinking back, I wish he could have evolved into Ivysaur here at least as a sign of progress.

Satoshi's Fushigidane being released here would've been a complete catastrophe since Satoshi's Kanto team was already frighteningly small to begin with. It definitely should've evolved into Fushigisou at the very least, however.

Bulbasaur getting affected by Pokenip was funny and his crush on Gloom seemed like something that should've gone further. Team Rocket making a fake Leaf Stone was pretty clever.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I felt that Okido-hakase investigating the imitation Leaf Stones was a ridiculous subplot since he had no authority to launch an investigation. Junsa should've done that, instead.