• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Make Room For Gloom! (070)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Make Room For Gloom!

Gone to get some Fertiliser for his mom, Ash & Co meet a trainer in charge of the "Nursery" who owns a Gloom. Brock fawns over her while Ash shows her how to use Grass Pokémon. But when Team Rocket come in to steal the Grass Pokemon...its up to her and her Gloom to save the day

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Bulbasaur was stoned man. I'm surprised they were able to get away with this one getting to the states. Still, Brock got screwed over again. Will our poor Brocko ever find love? No, I don't think so either.

I'm sorry but my mind has some how gotten on Pokemon being wasted and stoned. Yeah, the election stress has finally made it to my brain.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Team Rocket were hella funny in this one. I thought Brock's reaction to Florinda when she told him she wasn't sure to use solarbeam was the highlight. Professor Oak's suprise entrance was....suprising!

Bulbasaur wasn't stoned, it was horny :p

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
ChaosMage said:
Meh, did we need a Gloom filler? Really?

Well that's perfectly excusable for writers to put it in during the Kanto region, perhaps the writers thought Gloom didn't get enough screen time originally with Erika. If it was put it during the Hoenn region I could understand what you're saying otherwise it's part of the Kanto process where as many Pokémon of the original 150 are put in as possible.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Geodude said:
Brock: "Rejected...by the only girl I ever loved!"
Ash: *sweatdrop* "Uh...that's ok Brock. You'll find plenty of other girls to reject you!"

XD
lol XD That's one of my favorite quotes from the show. The whole episode had humorous moments, mostly involving Brock spacing out and such.XD

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I really don't like this episode, probably because Florinda is annoying enough to make me want to slap her. :p I mean, I've heard of people with inferiority complexes, but this girl could send Freud running. I'm almost glad she and Brock didn't stand a chance. I liked Potter, though. I also like Bulbasaur and gloom together. :)

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Potter makes me happy inside. I wanna play with his ponytail. <333

And...other things besides. :x

I don't remember really ANYTHING of this ep other than Potter. HE'S SO CUTE WHEN HE BLUSHES OMG. *squeal*

*...shoots Florinda and steals Potter*

R

Red x

Sharpshooter said:
Team Rocket were hella funny in this one. I thought Brock's reaction to Florinda when she told him she wasn't sure to use solarbeam was the highlight. Professor Oak's suprise entrance was....suprising!

Bulbasaur wasn't stoned, it was horny :p

I saw a pokemon die

STJ

meh..^_^'
This episode was funny, poor Brock

and for those who understand Japanese and have seen the original, I put forward a question which concerns the quote

Ash:You're getting misty over a Gloom?
Misty: What where you saying about me?
Ash: I wasn't talking about you!

Obviously the dialouge wouldn't make sense in the original, so does anyone know what they said in the Japanese version?

Last edited:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I guess it's because Kusaihana and Kasumi sound alot a like and Satoshi accidentally combined the two. I don't know, I wish someone who had seen the original could answer that.

Heracross

Custom User Title
That's about as much as I can understand. For the actual dialogue you'll have to ask someone who knows what they're talking about. XD

JONNO.FRESH

I thought this episode was ok. When i saw the title i thought Ash was gonna catch Gloom. Brock was funny in this episode. Gloom using Solar beam was probably the High Light