• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Make the game harder- Ingame Challenges

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
Hey, this thread is going alright. Hasn't died yet anyway. Keep us all updated with what you're doing at the moment, Jage, Floofeh and Surfer. If you're going to do a monotype challenge, post in the monotype thread (its been here a lot longer than I have). You can also read my latest updates (haha) - The thread is here.

EDIT: Just thought I'd mention, my last exam is on monday, so I should get back to updating my monotype challenge more regularly. When I'm done, I'll do hardcore, limited items, or possibly a harder monotype (fire and electric types come to mind) - not sure yet.

Last edited:

manoflego

K, im doing a few challenges for crystal:

No Running Away,
Single Pokemon Mode, and
Hardcore mode

If he faints, i'll use one of the egg pokemon which will be in my PC

This will be fun

EDIT: And umm, for the no item one, can u use ethers for during the elite four? Cuz otherwise u will lose all your PP then you will use struggle, then you will eventually lose all your HP then faint

Last edited:

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
K, im doing a few challenges for crystal:

No Running Away,
Single Pokemon Mode, and
Hardcore mode

If he faints, i'll use one of the egg pokemon which will be in my PC

This will be fun

EDIT: And umm, for the no item one, can u use ethers for during the elite four? Cuz otherwise u will lose all your PP then you will use struggle, then you will eventually lose all your HP then faint

Fraid not. You'll have to use moves that have decent-high PP - it just requres slightly more planning.

Xtra

You will be missed:(
It's been a while, but I have an update.

After some training and getting two of my newer pokemon in my team, I took on Monty with Hoothoot, Croconaw, Sudowoodo, and Growlithe. It was pretty hard, especially Gengar. But with persistence and some strategy, I took him down in the first try.

Ret46

I love Sealeo!
Hardcore mode sounds harsh - my kind of challenge! I'm gonna do hardcore mode on Crystal for sure (since I use a R*M and can hold up to 10 saves on it).

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
im gonna do a Single pokemon challenge on my crystal, gonna use poliwhirl

i actually started yesterday and im upto union cave. been pretty easy so far except for sprout tower, but hypnosis made it all easier

Last edited:

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
Right, almost finished my monotype challenge (finally! I'm getting sick of water types). When I'm done, I'm going to do a single pokemon mode with Shuckle, Forretress or Pidgey (I'll trade over an egg from my gold version if i choose Shuckle or Forretress, with no father moves or whatever, just what it would learn at level 5 anyway). This should be fun.

About the battling every trainer thing, I always do that. I've never not battled every trainer in any game and I've always fought every wild battle I've come across. The result? I found the game too easy because my Pokemon were always so strong compared to all the boss trainers. It'd be harder if you skipped as many trainers as possible.

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
Alright, the water type challenge is so close to completion, and now I've finally decided what to do next: a single pokemon challenge. I toyed with the idea of a couple of pokemon, but in the end I went with Gengar. I'll start it within the week.

Darth Grievous

Call me Kioshi.
starting a hardcore no-run no-legendary-save gym challenge on crystal right now.

Darth Grievous

Call me Kioshi.
starting a hardcore no-run no-legendary-save gym challenge on crystal right now.

Tiigon

I liek mudkipz
I'm going to start Limited Items Challenge in Crystal. I'll update my process after gyms and other important parts.

If someone else is trying this, it's good to know that there's only two Pokés that can learn Waterfall before Tohjo Falls where it's required. In Gold/Silver, you must get a Dratini from Goldenrod Game Corner. In Crystal, you can also get a Water Stone from a fisher in Route 42 (or was it 44? I'm not sure) and evolve Eevee with it.

Process Update:

TOTAL PLAYTIME: 0 hours, 33 min.
I got the Pokédex, beat the red hair guy, and beat the first gym! Current party:

Totodile LV.13
Togepi egg

I think that's enough for today.

Process Update #2:

TOTAL PLAYTIME: 0 hours, 58 min.
I made it through Union Cave. Totodile evolved in the Slowpoke Well, and I got through the Well. No KO's yet :) Current party:

Croconaw LV.19
Togepi egg

Process Update #3:

TOTAL PLAYTIME: 1 hour, 22 min.
I completed Azalea Gym, beat the Red Hair Guy again and made it through the Ilex Forest. I taught Cut to my Croconaw and got the Odd Egg and Bike. Current party:

Croconaw LV.23
Togepi egg
Odd egg

Last edited:

Darth Grievous

Call me Kioshi.
Hehe... I, uh... well I... Out of habit I ran from a couple Pokemon... But I haven't even faught Falkender yet, so it was no big deal. Old habits die hard, I guess.

Darth Grievous

Call me Kioshi.
Hehe... I, uh... well I... Out of habit I ran from a couple Pokemon... But I haven't even faught Falkender yet, so it was no big deal. Old habits die hard, I guess.

Darth Grievous

Call me Kioshi.

Tiigon

I liek mudkipz
Limited Items Challenge (Crystal)

Process Update #4:

TOTAL PLAYTIME: 1 hour, 38 min.

Woo-hoo! It took me only one try to beat Goldenrod Gym! I used Rage and the leader's Clefairy used Double-Slap which hit my Croconaw 5 times, thus making Rage very powerful :D Only two hits to beat Clefairy, and then two hits to beat Miltank. Then I got the Squirtbottle, my Togepi egg hatched (Woo-hoo! Two Pokés!) and I won the fight against Sudowoodo. Current party:

Croconaw LV.24
Togepi LV.7

Last edited:

Tiigon

I liek mudkipz
Limited Items Challenge (Crystal)

Oh no! Is this thread forgotten? :(

Process Update #5:

TOTAL PLAYTIME: 1 hour, 49 min.

Burned Tower is soooo annoying... Three tries, no success. That red haired guy is nearly impossible with Croconaw... Haunter paralyzes it and Magnemite shocks it down. I guess I'll train Croconaw to LV. 30 (Feraligator may help) and Togepi to around LV. 20. Current party:

Croconaw LV.25
Togepi LV.10
Odd Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.