• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Make up a scenario(s) for Ethan/Brendan/Lucas~

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
So far in the main Pokemon Anime series, Ash has been the only character shown representing a male Protagonist from the main game series. Obviously he does not resemble Red directly, but he is loosely based on him, as Gary represents Blue. Jimmy, based on Ethan, was seen in the spin-off series, but not the main.

This runs in the almost the reverse way of the female in-game protagonists, as May and Dawn have been the main females of their respective saga, but Marina, based on Kris, the former female protagonist of Johto (~Crystal Version only~) has been seen in the main series in a cameo, possibly hinting from her personality given in the Legend of Thunder (spin-off) that her goal as Pokemon Idol has evolved to Coordinator. But, her Generation 4 counterpart, Lyra, has been seen in the Diamond and Pearl saga, given her a 5-episode arc. So the only female protagonist not seen in the main series yet is Leaf, ironically she wasn't even seen in Fire Red and Leaf Green at all if you chose to play as Red. They did not even program her a role in that remake(s), unlike which that did do for Lyra/Ethan in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

My point is, Ash has yet to physically meet in person, his further Generation counterparts. He has not met Ethan (named Jimmy in the Anime), Brendan (likely named Brendan) nor Lucas (again, likely named Lucas), yet he has seen Barry, the rival of the region Lucas/Dawn are from. Brendan and Lucas were seen battling each other though in the opening of Giratina and the Sky Warrior.

Anywho, in this thread you can make up your own way that you wish to see the male Protagonists (minus Red=-Ash)/Leaf, in this saga or the next, I don't know.

Personally, I think that having Lyra appear to give HG and SS some promotion/advertisement, they could maybe do the same for Ethan (Jimmy)? Perhaps make him a random opponent in Round One of the Sinnoh League, perhaps, at the very least?

Or maybe, have Brendan instead, perhaps the one with the Legendary Pokemon? Maybe a Latios/Latias? Anything is possible!

I don't mind if they're not major/main cast characters, just, would be good for Ash to, I dunno, accidentally bump into one...

Discuss?

Last edited:

thunderblade12

Ethan... I don't know how the dub would work around his name. They already called named him "Jimmy."

Characters like these three, Leaf, Silver, and Wally would be best treated as rivals for Ash and other main characters instead of characters like Kenny, Nando, and Soledad. Marina (Kris) can hold a tournament like Wallace did.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I think Silver, my absolute favorite rival, his personality I mean, would have already been seen, in Paul I mean...

Marina would be better rival, than Kenny, at least. If she IS a coordinator now, then maybe she could be seen in the Grand Festival? Perhaps just a cameo appearance in a montage? But I can't see the giving a Tournament to a ten-year-old...

Wally is a bit pathetic i you ask me, lol

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Ethan - Literally bumps into him. Yaps about his Marill for a while and skips off. Ash is irritated.

Brendan - In the background during the Pokemon League Registration. People speculate about them battling but it near happens leading people to speculate why it never happened even though it was obvious.

Lucas - Selling Baguettes at the Grand Festival.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I'm going to be nice and leave this open as long as this doesn't delve too far into Pure Fanfiction territory.

Brendan's time has passed, and I doubt he'll ever make more than a cameo appearence. He might get lucky if there's an RSE remake and they don't feel like bringing May back just to do an RSE Remake advertisment marathon. Which seems like a slim chance since May was a main character in the anime, but the writers have done stranger things than that.

Ethan/Kenta lost his chance when Lyra got chosen to show up in the HGSS Advertisathon along with a random male character who wasn't Ethan. The writers literally went out of their way to have Lyra show up with a male character who was not Ethan. They clearly don't have any interest in bringing Ethan back anytime soon. Why? Who knows.

At this point Lucas' best shot at doing anything beyond a cameo would be to show up as the really awesome League trainer who Ash befriends but ultimately loses to in the Shinou league. Hey, they're going to have one of those anyway, might as well have it be Lucas.

Ethan... I don't know how the dub would work around his name. They already called named him "Jimmy."
...and "Yoshi." They've changed his name for no apparent reason once, so it shouldn't be too hard to do it again after this much time has passed. And don't forget that the JP version already called him "Kenta" when his HGSS game name is "Hibiki". Both versions would have to do some sort of retconning to get away with the new name. Which may be why the writers went so far out of their way not to show Ethan in the HGSS Advertisment arc.

pokequil123

i would so love jimmy (his typhlosion was a beast in the legend of thunder)to make an appearance i just can't see it happening, they missed the oppertunity when they used that random trainer with lyra. It would have made common sense to include him as him and typhlosion could have maybe helped dawns newly cyndaquil train.
Silver all he got was seen beating jimmys cyndaquil but getting his nidoking messed up in the rematch by typhlosion in the new oath theme tune, like one said we see him in paul.
Brendon would have been another good appearance in hoenn as brock never got his swampert but possibly because morrison had one.
Wally dont think this will ever happen for some reason he reminds me of max because they both befriended ralts
Lucas- still time maybe he can be like a Tyson of the sinnoh league finals but ash already as barry and paul maybe there could be some room for him in the battle frontier seeing as they may need to make up some more episodes as there is only 5 frontier brains in sinnoh/johto
but i wouldnt mind seeing jimmy's typhlosion vs pikachu, infernape or charizard

NES

Flip me to the side!
Yeah, Lucas still has a chance to appear at the league, it would be better than "new random rival #5". But the others seem to have lost their chances.

The real question is if the male hero from 5th will be featured, somewhere :0

It would be better if that legendary trainer from the Sinnoh League is either Brendon or Lucas.
Buck doesn't deserves that much screen time cause he is just a stat trainer. Jimmy was never seen again after Legend of Thunder(I think so) and Marina has become a Pokemon Idol which is definitely something different from a Pokemon Coordinator. That leaves us with Lucas and Brendon only who are only seen battling in Battle Towers and maybe they live there. But I think they don't exist in real Anime cause Brendon is supposed to Birch's son if we go by games and Birch never recalled him in any of his recurring visits.

Tezzaby

Say they made a spin-off with May heading to Johto to do Contests there, she could somehow meet Ethan...

I have no idea how Brenden could appear. I agre, it has been way to long ago since Hoenn.

Apparently, Lucas is supposed to be Dawn's rumoured older brother that left home a long time ago. Is there any evidence against that theory?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Lucas and Dawn aren't related at all. If Lucas ever appears he better have his cool Platinum jacket on which is the only thing that saved him for me. Brenden I had always hoped would meet May at one point, I don't know why but Brenden vs May is a strange battle I want to see. Lucas...I have no idea how he would appear since Ash stole his clothes, rival (Barry), and girl (Dawn). We could always see them in a tag team battle.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I blame Brock for why we didn't see Brendan. I wanted to see him with the fully evolved Hoenn Water starter, Swampert, sadly, that never happened.

I blame Brock for why we didn't see Brendan. I wanted to see him with the fully evolved Hoenn Water starter, Swampert, sadly, that never happened.

And who do you blame in Jimmy and Lucas case? I guess you blame Ash for that, don't you?

Nacreous said:
Marina is a top coordinator

There is no proof for that. She claimed that she wanted to be a Pokemon Idol and she appears on many Pokemon franchise in Anime so maybe that is what Pokemon Idol is. But it can be something like American Idol too.

Last edited:

An00bis

Wicked Witch

Yeah ... it's Brock's fault.

Totally not Morrison's fault because he actually had the Swampert.

To be honest that really isn't a problem because multiple Trainers have certain Starter Families anyway. Far as Brock's Mudkip goes it shouldn't have matter because Ash had Groovyle and Tyson had Sceptile and it was cool. Then there was Squirtle and Gary's Blastoise. Bulbasaur and May's Venusaur. Ash's Charizard and Zippo, ect.

BlueVapor

Ethan lost his chance. He didn't appear while HG/SS were coming out, so he probably will never appear.

Brenden *might* appear, only if there is a R/S remake. I always wanted him as a rival for Ash in Hoenn, so that would be a nice chance.

Lucas probably won't be appearing now since Sinnoh's almost done. His only chance is if he's battling in the league.

rocky505

We may see May watching Dawn on TV at the Grand festival, Might even see someone with a Marina(Kris) merchandise stand at the GF.