• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Makeup and Such

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I bet that line's a real hit with women.
It isn't supposed to be. It's just the straight-up truth from all the guy conversations I hear every day of my life.

Rarely, will a guy deem a girl "un****able" solely because of eyeshadow, small blemishes, etc. I say the best case would be for extreme acne/scarring of the face.. but other than that, there's a bigger world of difference in your actual body shape than how perfect your face looks.

Platina2000

If it makes your face feel dirty, then why do you bother in the first place?

Because I was forced to wear some by my parents on events, like highschool prom and other 'once in a lifetime' special gatherings. Other than those, I stay clear from them.

Last edited:

Erymry

Only Slightly Normal
Ew... make up. The amounts that some people at my school wear is... disgusting.

A little bit of make up is ok; good for bringing out natural features and such. But piling on a centimetre thick layer of white foundation on your face, or smearing dark eye-liner all around your eyes so that you look like someone punched you? How can people actually feel comfortable wearing it, yet alone think it looks good?

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
Eh, let em do what they want...If it brings up their self esteem, then by all means. As long as you don't look orange and obnoxious, fine with me.

Earthia100

There are two kinds of make-up:

There is the natural kind. This make-up is designed to give you a more natural look and is basically used to temporarily correct facial flaws. (skin foundations, etc.)

Then there is the attractive kind. It makes you look, well, attractive. These are your Mascaras, lip gloss, eye liner, eye shadow, etc.

You always need to be careful with Make-up. Too much makes you look like a clown, and not enough will make you appear somewhat asymmetrical.

I don't wear makeup because I have self-confidence issues; I just like how it looks. I think eyeliner looks really pretty. This is a somewhat sexist topic, making the assumption that all women who wear makeup must be self-conscious.

I personally think men would also benefit from wearing makeup.

EDIT: I also want to ask - what's wrong with wearing makeup to impress men? People do stuff to impress the other gender all the time. Is it really that wrong to want to attract someone?

Last edited:

IamLegend

Legend
I'm not a fan of makeup. I'd rather see the girls pretty face.

A little makeup is okay. But if you remove your makeup, and look like an entirely different person, there's a problem.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I don't wear makeup because I have self-confidence issues; I just like how it looks. I think eyeliner looks really pretty. This is a somewhat sexist topic, making the assumption that all women who wear makeup must be self-conscious.

EDIT: I also want to ask - what's wrong with wearing makeup to impress men? People do stuff to impress the other gender all the time. Is it really that wrong to want to attract someone?
Men that are impressed with how you look in make up, don't really appreciate how you look.

Calamity™

aka Lamia

I know it's sexist, but men with makeup... eww. I know some can cover it up quite well, but most look tragic.

Also, it really depends on what you want from a man. If you're just out there for the fun of it, applying makeup to attract men wouldn't be such a bad idea. If you want a man who will actually stick around, he should like you how you naturally are and more for your personality. At least that's what I think.

The Arceus Delusion

In Arceus We Trust
I think it's perfectly fine for a guy to wear make up. I don't use it to make myself beautiful though (for instance I don't wear lipstick or eye shadow).. it's strictly for cover up (hiding blemishes, acne scars, fine lines).

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Men that are impressed with how you look in make up, don't really appreciate how you look.

Well most young men these days were exposed from a rather young age to things like Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, Playboy, Victoria's Secret commercials, ect. so the odds that they're gonna like how you look without makeup are slim to none unless you happen to be Adriana Lima.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I think females look nice in make-up. Honestly, I'd go either way, but I don't like it when the overdo such things. Though I must admit, I'm a bit vain myself. It's just one of those strange wonders of the world....in my point of view, at least :l

Unorthodox

The PO ubers fanboy
All I ask is that you stop turning yourself into an ugly painting

Lt Steel

The Steel Curtain
I think it's perfectly fine for a guy to wear make up. I don't use it to make myself beautiful though (for instance I don't wear lipstick or eye shadow).. it's strictly for cover up (hiding blemishes, acne scars, fine lines).

Oh gawd no.

If i see a dude wearing mascara i will sock him in the eye. Subsequently he wouldn't need the latter either, mainly due to his "injury".

Problem solved?

And men shouldn't be afraid to show their scars. You can usually make up a story for 'em. "Yeah, i got this one back in Da-nang back when i wrestled a 7 foot tall VC. I tore off both of his arms and beat him with 'em."

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Well most young men these days were exposed from a rather young age to things like Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, Playboy, Victoria's Secret commercials, ect. so the odds that they're gonna like how you look without makeup are slim to none unless you happen to be Adriana Lima.
You'd be surprised how much higher that percentage is and how overly exaggerated women tend to be about what our standards may be. >_> I think there are plenty of studies that show (and I posted a simple one in this topic) that women have higher standards for themselves than guys, even.

Oh please.

iCakeify

Luxray Fanboy
It's gurls. Men aren't supposed to understand them.