• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

making animations in photoshop?

blazemaster

fire pokemon rock
Hi,
I would like to know how to make animations in photoshop I cant seem to work it out.
Could someone please help?

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
You have to use Adobe Imageready, which should have been bundled with it.

Ejunknown

be creative
I have Adobe Photoshop elements and I still make animations. *Shrugs*

Anyway, you make animations out of the layers. Put each part of the image you want animated on each layer, then click on the Save for Web (or something like that) button which looks like a floppy disk with a globe, or click on the first drop down menu and go down to Save for Web option, click on it, then tick the box that says animate and say at what speed you want it, then preview it. That's how I do it. :D

Last edited:

Raziel

Lively up yourself
Look, making animations on Image Ready is easy, just remember to save the animation using the "save optimized as" option, and save the animation in .gif format.

blazemaster

fire pokemon rock
Sorry for the double post but i cant work this out i tryed everything again!

Raziel

Lively up yourself
Why don't you tell us exactly what process you're following?... just tell us exactly how you're doing everything and we may find what's wrong.

blazemaster

fire pokemon rock
well im getting the pictures and then im making them layers and then i go to animate the layers only one picture comes up and the other one is of the transparent sqaures.

Pink Panther

333 only half evil
I want to learn to make animations so what is photoshop is it a site that u upload animations or is it like a program on the start button. Give me the whole scoop im interested, very interested in making animations.

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Pink Panther said:
I want to learn to make animations so what is photoshop is it a site that u upload animations or is it like a program on the start button. Give me the whole scoop im interested, very interested in making animations.
Photoshop, if I remember correctly, is an overpriced painting program you must buy. It is advanced but I'd stick with Paint Shop Pro for regular pictures.

A

an_idiot_

i use adobe imageready for all my sprite animations, its really easy, each frame oyu just need to move the layers appropriately, say you have 2 sprite for walking, you make 2 frames and put one in the first and two in the second, and if you want it to be continuous you just make it go on forever and you only have to do 2 frames!