• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Making Friends and Influencing Villains! (920)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
My main confusion with this episode is: why wait this long to debut Phantump if NOT for Ash to catch it? Nothing wrong with the episode itself, but why wasn't it earlier in XY? That's why I was so sure Ash would catch it lol because why else wait to debut Phantump for this long until the middle of the FOUR TRIALS OF GRENINJA

If the SM Grass starter really ends up being a bird like the trademarks apparently imply this might actually happen lol.

Wow great prediction

...Did nobody care about this episode? Wow.

Well, rest easy. This is the last filler we'll ever see that contributes NOTHING to the narrative!

What about XY&Z31?

...So where did those poffins even come from?

Poffins? I'm usually obsessed with references to previous generations, so I'm surprised I missed that there were Poffins in this episode. Where?

Shiny Phantump looks totally disgusting. Sure its actions were kinda cute, but appearance-wise the thing creeps me out overall. The plot was pretty boring too. TRio was annoying as usual, though I'll give them props for tricking Ash and the Pikachu capture at least.

This is copied from Sakuraa at bmgf

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice reference to some AG episode Do I Hear a Ralts? with Team Rocket's Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir and Gallade disguises. It was also nice to see a shiny Phantump and the animation of Forest's Curse. I was quite surprised of the success of some of Team Rocket's disguises but otherwise didn't find anything else.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I chuckled seeing the Rocket-dan trio reuse their old Ralts evolutionary line outfits from Advanced Generation. As for the Shiny Bokurei subplot, I knew that the Bokurei would remain wild, yet I still appreciated seeing a Shiny Pokemon.

Joesterr

Banned
No matter what anyone says, I'm glad Ash didn't get his hands on the Shiny Phantump which was wayyyy too good for him anyways. Ash going a whole saga without a grass-type was the kind of pattern breaker that this show needed after so many years of predictable patterns.