• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

making new life to an old game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGod351

can't touch this...
i plan to delete my pokemon game.....i was getting bored and now im staring over and made a new list of pokemon that i have in my GBA game...its in my singature...

did any of you guys decided to delete it and what reason?

i plan to delete my pokemon game.....i was getting bored and now im staring over and made a new list of pokemon that i have in my GBA game...its in my singature...

did any of you guys decided to delete it and what reason?

oh its my Diamond game just to let you know

Last edited by a moderator:

Juni44ever

Approved by C.Norris
Well, I wouldn't ever do that unless I could backup all the Pokés I have, since I've got a lot of legendaries and some nice pokémon. It wouldn't be good to just get rid of them.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
I would never erase my Diamond file. Especially since I have some event Pokes on there.

GamerGod351

can't touch this...
heh heh no worries on my pokemon i saved up my best and wanted to keep pokemon in someone elses game he told me he will watch over them until i will get the pokemon i need to trade back so far im working on my second badge >.<

InfamousMrJ

Serebii'sGhostbuster
See, that's why I get both version, so I can trade over all the great pokes, and other things, and then have one to delete, or restart really. Only do that when bored.

fast_evo8

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss
When I start new games for a random reason I just trade my faves to my sis to hold onto for me xD

kablay

Freek
I restarted my Emerald version once, but that was just because I had used AR on it and it was all screwy. I don't think I'm going to restart Diamond or Pearl anytime soon, though. I already played through both of them, and I'm waiting for Platinum!!!!! :D

Penguinist Trainer

The only time I ever restart a game is when I can trade all my pokemon, items, TMs, and rare berries over to another game. That way I don't have to worry about losing all my hard work.

I restart fairly often. I can't go to events because I always end up missing them... so I have nothing to do, really (and I've never caught a shiny, except that Gyarados in Gold/Silver/Crystal).

GamerGod351

can't touch this...
hmm i see....well i call my DS the shiny DS im that lucky! i already got a shiny bronzor in it XD

I usually buy both versions, and a couple copies. I have my favorite game (Diamond, for instance) as my main file. I play through another diamond and two pearl games, and trade over my favorites to the main game before I restart.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I never restart, mainly because I do everything with so much detail in the games, it will be a shame. Although, I could easily transfer my pokemon before restarting using my two DS lites.

FliCe

<-- 2806 Soft Resets
I think evrybody switches between 2 or more games and trades them to the other if restarting.
i do it with D/P, R/S/E and FR/LG

I would never restart :x I have 6 boxes of non hacked legends and events and the best shiny Milotic on Smogon.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I don't restart often, but I did at the start of last year and when I did I sent over all my pokemon that I worked hard on (about 20 of them) to my brother. Then he traded them back ASAP. But now hes sold his DS so I can't trade anymore lol.

nicollins

I want to restart, but I'm just gonna keep myself occupied until Platinum comes out. I can wait a month or so.

I already foolishly restarted and lost all of my cherished FR Pokes. :(

nicollins

I want to restart, but I'm just gonna keep myself occupied until Platinum comes out. I can wait a month or so.

I already foolishly restarted and lost all of my cherished FR Pokes. :(

OJG

r u not entertained
For me, it's just a game. I traded away all my shinies a few months ago; Jolly Gible, Adamant Male Ralts, a few more with perfect natures. End of the day, it's just a game. I plan to make my current runthrough my last. I've just destroyed everything with my Luxray, just beat the second gym. I'm not even sure what to catch, i've overplayed this game and have used most of the pokemon :/

Status
Not open for further replies.